symphony

symphony

surving hour-by-hour
Mar 12, 2022
Last night my kitty stood on my windpipe, and not for the first time either.

• Wow
  • Yay!
Reactions: fox_wannabe, waitingforrest, Insomniac and 4 others
Al_stargate

Al_stargate

I was once a pretty angel
Mar 4, 2022
What does a cat knows about strangulation, hehe, was probably doing it completely accidentally. But more interestingly have your pets ever tried to kill themselves? I've heard of dogs that go out and jump in front of car.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: waitingforrest, houseofleaves, Manaaja and 1 other person
C

CreatifUsrnam

Mar 22, 2022
Yeah, the cat probably wasn't intending to strangle you.

Knowing how passive-aggressive cats are though, anything is possible.

• Yay!
Reactions: waitingforrest, houseofleaves, Al_stargate and 1 other person
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
I suggest watching Jackson Galaxy's videos about cats on youtube, they are really great and every cat owner should watch them.

What does a cat knows about strangulation, hehe, was probably doing it completely accidentally. But more interestingly have your pets ever tried to kill themselves? I've heard of dogs that go out and jump in front of car.
My dog would ignore cars 99% of time but she also had days when she just suddenly decided to play the hero and attack the car while barking as if it was a dragon. I like how dog can have different days, but of course I wish she was more careful.

And the same thing on yard. If she was on yard without leash while someone drove home, she'd walk towards the car, but sometimes she would stay far away and just watch and wait. And some days she would listen to you when you told her to stay and not run under a car and some days her ears were for decoration.

Truly, she was the cutest little doggo! I wish I could have shown her to all of you on this forum. I just wish she had been mine alone so I could have trained her better. It's really hard to train a dog when everyone else in the family does everything wrong. Like if you train her not to bark but then the others just encourage her to bark. Or if you teach her not to beg for food while you are eating and then everyone else just feeds her cake straight from the table.

It's funny how in animals their "imperfections" make them better and funnier while in humans it's often just frustrating.

• Love
Reactions: GrumpyFrog, waitingforrest, Simba and 4 others
D

DeepSlumber

Mar 26, 2022
I am picturing the cat from the poster and book cover of PET SEMETARY. Haha. Good luck sleeping from now on.

• Love
Reactions: waitingforrest and symphony
Tristan

Tristan

Don’t cry for me, I’m already dead.
Mar 21, 2022
Well apart from insects hitting the front of my car I haven't seen any animal suicide. Oh wait, I think there is a spider that dies after giving birth and the offsprings eat the mother, Geographic channel I think.

Reactions: houseofleaves and symphony
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Not my cat, but I can imagine that must have been terrifying. Cats can appear to be harmless but I do believe that they have the potential to cause some harm.

Reactions: symphony
symphony

symphony

surving hour-by-hour
Mar 12, 2022
Yeah, the cat probably wasn't intending to strangle you.

Knowing how passive-aggressive cats are though, anything is possible.
Not my cat, but I can imagine that must have been terrifying. Cats can appear to be harmless but I do believe that they have the potential to cause some harm.
Haha yeah, she absolutely didn't mean it, she just wanted to get closer to my face for the snuggles 🥰

D

DeepSlumber

Mar 26, 2022
Well apart from insects hitting the front of my car I haven't seen any animal suicide. Oh wait, I think there is a spider that dies after giving birth and the offsprings eat the mother, Geographic channel I think.
The Black Widow I think. Jesus. Talk about childhood trauma. Do the spider-babies ever seek counseling later? Or do they just seek advice on the web?

Reactions: houseofleaves
CTBgenuine

CTBgenuine

Student
Mar 27, 2022
Last night my kitty stood on my windpipe, and not for the first time either.
Well, I'm assuming you're here because you want to die? So is it murder OR is it actually euthanasia?......

• Yay!
C

CreatifUsrnam

Mar 22, 2022
The concept of "good" is highly relative, there's no fully universal "good" for anything.

Thread getting a bit off topic now. Not about cat homicide anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: waitingforrest and symphony
Tristan

Tristan

Don’t cry for me, I’m already dead.
Mar 21, 2022
The Black Widow I think. Jesus. Talk about childhood trauma. Do the spider-babies ever seek counseling later? Or do they just seek advice on the web?
That's a good answer, loved it!