Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Some will add me but even when they do, no conversations happen. I suppose it's because a lot of time has passed, I look different, or I've had so many accounts on FB.

It's painful to be so close to them (separated by just a screen) and hear nothing. I often wonder if I even actually exist.

Last edited:
Reactions: stygal
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
I do have a fb account though I rarely use it.
Once or twice I also didn't get a reply ...but on the other hand I feel like I wouldn't have anything interesting to say (or to keep any conversation going for a long time) anyways.

Whenever I scroll through it I feel like I can't relate to anyone's life.

Reactions: Kramer
P

Pointlesslife

I'm feel dead and lifeless already so why live
Nov 7, 2018
I have and I've gotten people to respond. Maybe something like 8 years ago I connected with people I knew from high school and was trying to get them to join a network marketing company. They all dismissed it and I think they all felt it's my problem. It was frustrating.

By the end of last year I came to the realization of how useless Facebook has been for me in all aspects of life so I banished myself from it. Probably one of the best decisions I have every made.

Reactions: Disappointered
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Yes I had a good childhood friend of mine, we were inseparable. When I found her in FB like 15 years later. She was distant and barely showed any happiness in reconnecting.

• Aww..
Reactions: Kramer and stygal
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
I have and I've gotten people to respond. Maybe something like 8 years ago I connected with people I knew from high school and was trying to get them to join a network marketing company. They all dismissed it and I think they all felt it's my problem. It was frustrating.

By the end of last year I came to the realization of how useless Facebook has been for me in all aspects of life so I banished myself from it. Probably one of the best decisions I have every made.
So you're one of those people. You're why people are wary of those from the past reappearing on FB.

Frauw

Frauw

Nothing lasts
Oct 31, 2020
No, because people in the past are usually in the past for a reason, and even if they're not I genuinely can't be bothered because I like keeping to myself. If someone tries to re-engage with me I don't respond.

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
No, because people in the past are usually in the past for a reason, and even if they're not I genuinely can't be bothered because I like keeping to myself. If someone tries to re-engage with me I don't respond.
Most people are in the past because of personal business, not because those people are bad. Why have an FB if you're just going to ignore people?

Frauw

Frauw

Nothing lasts
Oct 31, 2020
Most people are in the past because of personal business, not because those people are bad. Why have an FB if you're just going to ignore people?
I use it for messenger for my family and friends, not for meeting or re-engaging with people, people don't have to be bad or good to be ignored either most people just genuinely can't be bothered because they have their own thing going on.

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
I use it for messenger for my family and friends, not for meeting or re-engaging with people, people don't have to be bad or good to be ignored either most people just genuinely can't be bothered because they have their own thing going on.
People are that consistently busy? Sounds awful.

Frauw

Frauw

Nothing lasts
Oct 31, 2020
They don't even have to be busy, they simply might just not want to.

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Like I said, most people are genuinely doing their own thing and probably have different goals to yours. Nobody owes anybody anything.
So how do people enter other people's lives? I'm always an extra to their already fulfilling life.

Frauw

Frauw

Nothing lasts
Oct 31, 2020
So how do people enter other people's lives? I'm always an extra to their already fulfilling life.
If you're looking for intimacy, I can already tell you most women do not want to be bothered outside of dating apps, and if it's not working out for you focusing on another aspect of life is always an option, as fixating on one thing entirely is always unhealthy and going to end up badly.

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
If you're looking for intimacy, I can already tell you most women do not want to be bothered outside of dating apps, and if it's not working out for you focusing on another aspect of life is always an option, as fixating on one thing entirely is always unhealthy and going to end up badly.
But dating apps aren't comprised of all women. Women get lonely too. Why would offline be bad when offline is what everyone did throughout history?

Frauw

Frauw

Nothing lasts
Oct 31, 2020
But dating apps aren't comprised of all women. Women get lonely too. Why would offline be bad when offline is what everyone
Then the lonely women would be on dating apps, simply times have changed, society is more sex obsessed than ever and women receive unsolicited attention all the time in public and online spaces, it's very hard to escape.

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Then the lonely women would be on dating apps, simply times have changed, society is more sex obsessed than ever and women receive unsolicited attention all the time in public and online spaces, it's very hard to escape.
In person works better for me than online. Do women like this increase in attention?

Frauw

Frauw

Nothing lasts
Oct 31, 2020
In person works better for me than online.
Then join a hobby club, go to a bar, do some schooling, there are many environments where things can happen authentically instead of instantly, which is unrealistic. You can also build yourself up in the process of doing these things. Marginally I can say no, it's annoying when you just want to get on with your day and you have someone just trying to get into your pants or outright sexually harassing you.

Last edited:
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Then join a hobby club, go to a bar, do some schooling, there are many environments where things can happen authentically instead of instantly, which is unrealistic. You can also build yourself up in the process of doing these things.
School sounds good but i'll only go back when school goes back to normal. The other stuff sounds hard and awkward for me. How do I build myself up? I've already read for years and am in reasonably good shape.

Frauw

Frauw

Nothing lasts
Oct 31, 2020
School sounds good but i'll only go back when school goes back to normal. The other stuff sounds hard and awkward for me. How do I build myself up? I've already read for years and am in reasonably good shape.
By doing what mostly every other human being does, focusing on improving oneself. Find things you enjoy, hobbies, passions all that jazz. Relationships are really put on a pedestal in this world when really they never seem to last, and I think the last thing a suicidal person needs is a relationship gone sour.

• Love
Reactions: cassie
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
By doing what mostly every other human being does, focusing on improving oneself. Find things you enjoy, hobbies, passions all that jazz. Relationships are really put on a pedestal in this world when really they never seem to last, and I think the last thing a suicidal person needs is a relationship gone sour.
I spent my 20s improving myself. I like how I am for the most part. Now I'm ready to mingle.