Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

๐ŸŽต Be all, end all ๐ŸŽต
Apr 17, 2023
I'm reading the bible and im finding that Christians misinterpret it a lot.

Reactions: Dliena, kermudgeon, Forever Sleep and 1 other person
Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
The Bible has been re-written and propagandized throughtout history multiple times. Same as all religious texts to be honest or many other historical documents.

Reactions: Dliena, sserafim and Homo erectus
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
It's seems originally people worshipped the moon (that's the month in the calendar). Then some power changed it to worshipping the sun (son?), and distorted the month completely, which is now totally decoupled with the moon. In some other calendars, the moon is still prominent and the months are tracking the moon.

Reactions: Tokugawa_Yoshinobu, Dliena and sserafim
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I haven't studied religion but I've been in one and left it. Religion looks and feels so man made. The way people worship god feels like the way that a king would wish to be worshipped by people. The morals that god has feels so human like too as I can imagine humans in power having the mindset of "believe and worship in me or suffer for all eternity in hell". The concept of heaven and hell feel so human like too with both of them being described as eternal happiness and eternal pain respectively. Many people can't comprehend just how massive infinity actually is yet use this as a way to make it sound serious. The concept of a god punishing the evil people and rewarding the good people is human like too as every human wishes that justice such as this were to actually exist (and hence find solace in religion due to this).

The concept of filling god in every point that didn't make sense at the time just to have an answer (i.e. "god of the gaps") is human like too. The teachings of the religion clearly mirrors what humans at the time thought about things (such as hating LGBT people, the scientific knowledge they had access to at the time and so forth).

On top of religion resembling human like behaviours, it also seems clear to me that religion is invented by humans for humans. For one, the idea of a god existing that, in all of his power and knowledge, cares about puny humans like us makes people feel good due to their ego acting up. Also, like I already mentioned, the idea of god delivering absolute justice to make up for the justice during life that didn't occur makes people feel good too

It's hard to even entertain the point that religions are true due to how human like they obviously are. It's definitely made by humans for humans

Reactions: Forever Sleep and Homo erectus
N

never mind me

Student
Nov 7, 2022
As I was brought up Christian by my Mum I tried reading the bible when I was about 12 or 13 to make up my mind, if the stuff my Mum had told me made any sense at all. At some point I read a part of the old testament, where it is advised that a man who has a son who doesn't obey him at all and can't be improved with no means whatsoever should inform the village elders so the son can be sentenced to death and be killed by the village people, because this would be in accordance with God's will. After reading this I knew I didn't want to do anything with God or religion.

Reactions: Forever Sleep and Homo erectus
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
I haven't studied religion but I've been in one and left it. Religion looks and feels so man made. The way people worship god feels like the way that a king would wish to be worshipped by people. The morals that god has feels so human like too as I can imagine humans in power having the mindset of "believe and worship in me or suffer for all eternity in hell". The concept of heaven and hell feel so human like too with both of them being described as eternal happiness and eternal pain respectively. Many people can't comprehend just how massive infinity actually is yet use this as a way to make it sound serious. The concept of a god punishing the evil people and rewarding the good people is human like too as every human wishes that justice such as this were to actually exist (and hence find solace in religion due to this).

The concept of filling god in every point that didn't make sense at the time just to have an answer (i.e. "god of the gaps") is human like too. The teachings of the religion clearly mirrors what humans at the time thought about things (such as hating LGBT people, the scientific knowledge they had access to at the time and so forth).

On top of religion resembling human like behaviours, it also seems clear to me that religion is invented by humans for humans. For one, the idea of a god existing that, in all of his power and knowledge, cares about puny humans like us makes people feel good due to their ego acting up. Also, like I already mentioned, the idea of god delivering absolute justice to make up for the justice during life that didn't occur makes people feel good too

It's hard to even entertain the point that religions are true due to how human like they obviously are. It's definitely made by humans for humans
Perhaps the original God was human, or largely human, who made a covenant with his people, giving them freedom as long as they believed in him (not rebellious). Later, maybe out of the freedom guaranteed, some force rose to power. They "perfected" God, making him omni-everything, effectively distancing him. They also added more stories and rules for control, taking away people's freedom.

Dliena

Dliena

๐š‚๐š‚ ๐™ผ๐šŽ๐š–๐š‹๐šŽ๐š› ๐™ฝ๐š˜. 43,53?
Dec 22, 2023
I've looked thru all the religions of this world and I just don't think I can really commit to any one of them right now. Tho I have been a Christian before when I was younger but
I've never really liked the thought of one possibly going to an eternal hell over the littlest mistakes imaginable. But also I guess for awhile I had this and prob still have
this fascination with the pagan/wiccan beliefs and all their gods/goddesses.

Reactions: Homo erectus