• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Have you Seen or Been Seriously Affected by Death?

• Total voters
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Life is definitely not a song...
Mar 14, 2024
Have you Seen or been Seriously Affected by Death?

kilowatt

kilowatt

Hi why me
Sep 9, 2023
I don't think I was ever affected by the death of humans, with the exception of my friend who took their own life. However, my pets' deaths absolutely destroyed me every time. It really pains me such innocent beings who do no harm have to live so little.

• Love
Reactions: DefinitelyReady and iloverachel
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
My cousins' dad died when I was in kindergarten and I ended up going to his place after it happened. His body was on the floor, covered by a white sheet. With that in mind, I don't really count it. I've only ever seen him around, never talked to him before, so his death had no impact on me. As a result, I wouldn't really say that I've seen or experience death before.

Also, not-so-fun fact: I'd end up finding out, many years later, that my mom actually cheated on my dad with him during a text conversation I was having with him while he was having a mental breakdown.

QueerMelancholy

QueerMelancholy

Mage
Jul 29, 2023
As an older person a lot of people I know have died over the years. Ranging from kidney failure to heart attacks, strokes, overdoses on fentanyl, and suicide. I think personally at least 8 deaths affected me in some way emotionally.

You get older and more people tend to die. It's a part of life.

• Aww..
Reactions: DefinitelyReady
I

iloverachel

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2024
Yeah quite a few
My grandfather died 5 years ago. My grandmother also died but i was only like 3 at the time
My best friend's close friend died from cancer. I wasn't really close with him but seeing my best friend get affected by it was very saddening
An online friend I met from a depression group on Facebook took his life. Chatted with him for months
Both my dogs died, one was hit by a car and had to bury it
Aunty died 4 years ago

Are we counting celebrity deaths too? I was a huge fan of Linkin Park and Chester Bennington's death hurt me a lot. I listen to his music nearly every day. Was also a big Kobe Bryant fan and seeing him and his daughter die so young was heart wrenching

• Love
Reactions: DefinitelyReady, LunarLight and tsumihoroboshi
skybox

skybox

Have you ever been jealous of birds?
Mar 6, 2024
The only real death in my life was my grandma dying when I was 5 and that gave me an insane amount of trauma I didn't even realize until my 20s however that's the only example. I have no other deceased family members because my only family is my mom, none of my friends are dead or have died, nobody close to me. I count myself lucky because of the heartache I know I'll feel when any of these people die.

Last edited:
  • Love
BlendedHeart

BlendedHeart

It is what it is
Mar 9, 2024
As I mentioned in another thread, I saw someone getting murdered (After briefly begging for his life). That used to be "common" around where I live (Often violent third world country)

Also I saw my great aunt pass away at the hospital after severe hallucinations (She though she was in a field filled with flies and some kids playing)

Those events have made me dread the idea of dying. Not death itself (I.E. non existing), but the process to get there.

• Aww..
Reactions: DefinitelyReady and rotciv
tsumihoroboshi

tsumihoroboshi

Lost Impact
Oct 31, 2023
i've lost a step-dad to cancer and neglectful doctors, lost many pets and have had to see their bodies especially after one got mauled by a coyote, both of my grandfathers died recently but i wasn't very close to either of them and i've been to a few funerals but 2 of the people i didn't really know. my great cousin and aunt passed away a few years ago. there could be more i'm forgetting.

• Aww..
LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
Lost my mother to cancer but wasn't much affected by it.

• Aww..
Reactions: DefinitelyReady and Proteus
casandranova29

casandranova29

Lone robot in abandoned realm
Mar 29, 2024
I have seen a car crash, 3 people off'd on the spot.
I have also been affected by death as one of my close friend CTB'ed 6 years ago.

• Aww..
bookie

bookie

main character of sasu
Mar 31, 2024
My friends have taken their own lives and that's just one of many reasons why I want to take my own life too

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: DefinitelyReady and ForgottenAgain
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I witnessed a death at an air show once. The plane just nose dived into the ground. Worse of all, I think his wife may have been in the audience. Poor lady.

But yes, natural death has affected me a lot. Lots of close family deaths in early childhood.

• Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: DefinitelyReady and QueerMelancholy
F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
Me and my friend found our other friend who had shot himself with a shotgun. That was in high school. I was at staying with my best friend the morning his 8 year old boy found him dead in him bed. That was 2017. I've lost grandparents. But I think I was effected the most when my dog died. Never felt worse than the day she died.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: DefinitelyReady and Forveleth
trashprincess

trashprincess

She/Slur
Aug 8, 2023
I live in the room my brother ctb'd in 🙃

• Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: DefinitelyReady, Forveleth and ForgottenAgain
ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
I was very affected by the death of my mother. She died of lung cancer even though she only smoked for a few years. I still remember her scream, her cold skin and eyes gazing at the distance on the last day I saw her.

I was also very affected by the death of my cat, she was my best friend. She was put to sleep, kidney cancer, and I saw the moment the life escaped from her eyes and she fell limp on my hands.

Then it was my grandma's death and her dog which was a childhood dog. They were the spirit of her house in the countryside. So many beautiful memories, times when I was happy. Then a fire came and that all turned to ash and my father sold the house and the land.

I tried to move there, I didn't want that place gone, but he was determined. My grandma loved that place, she always said "my little girl will take care of grandma's house, won't she? You like grandma's house and the nature? It's so beautiful, when I'm gone you'll take care of it". Now she's gone and that place is no longer ours. So much care, memories, dedication, prettiness, to then be sold for a few bucks to some guy.

People die, life gets worse and you're never the same.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: DefinitelyReady, rotciv and Forveleth
F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
The ages in my family are kind of wonky so when I was born, my aunts and uncles were already pretty old. By the time I was 13 I had attended like, 10 funerals for family members.

It showed me that death is going to happen to everyone. Death is a consequence of being born. You can't run from it, you can't fight it. Knowing that, there is no point in spending your life fearing it anymore than you should fear finishing school or growing taller. I accepted I am as going to die at a very young age , just wish it would happen sooner for me. 🙄

• Hugs
Yavannah

Yavannah

Autistic & miserable
Jul 18, 2022
yes i was present when both my grandfather & my grandmother died.
my grandfather had kidney cancer and my mother took care of him at our family home.
the death moment was not scary but the time before i.e the talking loudly to himself, moaning and the death rattle.
he went through a ,life review' where he relived moments of his childhood and adulthood.
the most impressing thing was that his hair turned from light grey to snow white the moment his heart gave up.
my mother believed that this was the moment his soul left his body. (im an Atheist-this is just her philosophy)
my grandfather was my father figure and his loss was very hard on me but last year was the first time i felt able to let go.
my grandma just fell which resulted in a femoral neck fracture.
she stayed a week in the hospital and got progressively weaker.
she was then transferred to the intensive care unit and the family made the decision to stop all life sustaining measures and let her go.
i've hugged her tightly put my head on her breast and she died fast & peacefully.
my grandma was ready to go she was suicidal her whole life.
since a little kid i heard her saying how tired of life she was and how she doesn't care if death takes her
and the last 10 years without my grandfather was especially hard on her..
im glad they are now at peace
🕊️

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: DefinitelyReady and Forveleth
W

WalkingDead4711

Mar 23, 2022
I've seen it and been affected by it in the fact I've been dead before. haha I'm pretty sure I wasn't supposed to come back but ended up back here anyways.

• Love
Reactions: DefinitelyReady and rotciv
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Life is definitely not a song...
Mar 14, 2024
I don't think I was ever affected by the death of humans, with the exception of my friend who took their own life. However, my pets' deaths absolutely destroyed me every time. It really pains me such innocent beings who do no harm have to live so little.
God's creatures...🙄
I
My cousins' dad died when I was in kindergarten and I ended up going to his place after it happened. His body was on the floor, covered by a white sheet. With that in mind, I don't really count it. I've only ever seen him around, never talked to him before, so his death had no impact on me. As a result, I wouldn't really say that I've seen or experience death before.

Also, not-so-fun fact: I'd end up finding out, many years later, that my mom actually cheated on my dad with him during a text conversation I was having with him while he was having a mental breakdown.
I think the sheet counts... and then knowing they're were extra pieces later possibly connected to it. I just think the sheet counts, whether you ever spoke to him or not. I'm sorry... Actually a Mrs. Usa jumped out of her apartment and it was on the cover of the NY Post as an "unidentified woman" with a sheet over her and there was still snow on the ground. It was sad. Chilling. I barely knew of her. Had just seen an interview of her on tmz and saw she was a correspondent on Extra. I found her to be smart and she wasnt annoying so that was cool. She was black and was the first or first black girl (don't remember) to wear her hair naturally during the pagent. She had pretty hair though but she was also trying to make a difference. I thought about how she had such a life, but she was functionally depressed. It's an image that sticks out in my mind, and what it represents. I can't imagine at 5yrs old. It counts. Being affected, whether you're aware of it or not. Not to be rude or anything. Just my opinion.

"God"s creatures" right? 🙄 smh
Yeah quite a few
My grandfather died 5 years ago. My grandmother also died but i was only like 3 at the time
My best friend's close friend died from cancer. I wasn't really close with him but seeing my best friend get affected by it was very saddening
An online friend I met from a depression group on Facebook took his life. Chatted with him for months
Both my dogs died, one was hit by a car and had to bury it
Aunty died 4 years ago

Are we counting celebrity deaths too? I was a huge fan of Linkin Park and Chester Bennington's death hurt me a lot. I listen to his music nearly every day. Was also a big Kobe Bryant fan and seeing him and his daughter die so young was heart wrenching
I dont think celebs count, as far as this poll. But they are a apart of our lives so yes. Chester affected me to. I was involuntarily committed when I went to a walk-in clinic for bad shoulder pain from GERD, with my mother.... and I was so unbearably pissed being committed and not being able to fight it that I had been listening to a lot of Linkin Park lately, particularly the Catalyst; so I just played that song in my bead until I finally fell asleep that night. His Madrid concert from '13 maybe? plays on the Mtv videos channel and takes me to Church everytime....
I cried when my favorite wrestler died when I was like, 13 or 14? I also adored Robin Williams. Who didn't? We all remember where we were when we heard the news. I thought my mom was joking, she would never, but what other reason is there that she would say that?He was our childhood and uncle lol. He reminded me of my dad too. To see such brilliant minds and talent succumb and go to waste is disheartening and a loss. But we all have had to deal with celebs being gone, not people we were close to or actually knew so I'd say no. Im sorry. My first batch of cds was like all pop, NOW cds, WWE, soundtracks, and the first Linkin Park... 11yrs old :/
I live in the room my brother ctb'd in 🙃
I live in the trailer my step-uncle shot himself in. Morbid :/

Last edited:
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I never seen nor got affected by death. I wonder how I would react if I were to see somebody die. I honestly don't think that I'll react as emotionally as others do. I just don't think I have the emotional capabilities for that. After all, I see people here claim about crying over a goodbye post which don't even include seeing them die in person yet I don't really have any feelings for them. It's not intentional on my end, perhaps it's just who I am