N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
My parents were stupid fucking idiots how they raised their children. A lot of abuse and violence. But besides of that I undertook a lot of bullshit stances which have learned from that. Moreover from my dad I have learned obsessive-compulsory behavior. Always when we left the house we had to check every single electronic devices etc. at least three times. I adopted this behavior. I am still doing similar shit till today. I just can't stop it.

At least I have changed the views which I have learned from them. I have heard so much stupid and ignorant political stances from them. Also about the history of my country and other vulnerable people. I can remember my dad always read the most famous yellow press of our country at breakfast. This media outlet disgusts me today. But this basically politicized me. When I was very young this was my main source for political content. Yeah my parents were quite the opposite of academics. When I listen how smart and empathetic people raise their children I am always very jealous.
My parents always looked down at unemployed people. (their abuse probably will lead to the fact that I will be one of them.)
We were not allowed to show weakness this all crushed my mental health. I always get sad that noone intervened. But I will do a seperate thread about that.

Have you learned bad habits or dumb stances from your parents? I am really glad that I have stopped to listen to their political views. My dad is an ignorant jerk who looks down at people who are vulnerable. His stances about suicidality, minorities etc. are so fucking stupid. No wonder if your main source for information is the yellow press.

• Hugs
Reactions: Depressed Cat, sopwithcamel, houseofleaves and 1 other person
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Yup. Though I think inherited is probably more accurate than learned.

I inherited my mom's laziness, my dad's stubbornness, and both of their social stupidities.

I suppose I also have learned certain beliefs or leanings from them but I'm fairly sure my stances still vary from theirs.

One of my worst fears was ending up like my dad which is why I have long wanted to commit suicide before turning 30 if my life had not been completely solved by then (me having a long term career and a wife or at least potential wife to look forward to). Without that, I know I'll easily end up exactly like my dad who didn't even get married to my mom until he was around 37 and then I wasn't born til he was 38. This significant age gap is a significant part of what made him such a horrible parent since his ways were far too antiquated and he never liked anything I was interested in. I can already see myself feeling this sort of resentment for certain things kids these days are into even though I spent my whole life trying to hold on to all the things I enjoyed as a child. I realize though that this is apparently what my dad was doing all along to it's just that his childhood interests were just all boring old stuff which is probably what the stuff I'm interested in would feel like to any kid born out of me when I'm 38. No matter how hard I fought I couldn't stop becoming like him in the end…

• Hugs
Reactions: Depressed Cat and houseofleaves
Tristan

Tristan

Don’t cry for me, I’m already dead.
Mar 21, 2022
Yeah always say grace bedore eating like God has cooked the meal. I have little of my parents in me, sometimes I wonder if I was adopted.