MiMif

MiMif

I do not live for others to understand me...
Sep 13, 2023
I'm a huge kpop fan and I won't lie this apparently happened like a month ago. I was going through a depressing time so i wasn't caught up with all the kpop stars I followed.

Beomhan is...or was a new trainee in Fm entertainment. In his live he was asking his fans to stop bullying others over disagreements and then he showed his arm to the camera and he had self harm scars and he continued to say you don't know what's going on behind a screen and to be kinder.

Fm stopped his contract and they kicked him out...most likely for showing his scars and he also talked about previous suicide attempts. I'm so close to tears right now omg idk how I'm just finding this out.

I honestly love beomhan so much he's so funny it hurts to know that behind all of his jokes was a lot of pain he wasn't allowed to let out.

Apparently his company also didn't let him get therapy as to not draw too much attention to it. I'm honestly shocked they kicked him out that easily. Like I'm suicidal too but I for real want to support beomhan in whatever he wants to do before I die. He was like my favorite trainee 😭😭
This is legit how I found out

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Valky, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, serah and 3 others
UsagiDrop

UsagiDrop

“What a beautiful day to haunt the earth.”
Apr 27, 2023
I'm a kpop boomer so I haven't been paying much attention either, I have to admit that I still don't even really know much about him and I didn't know him before this but I saw the video of him showing his scars earlier this week and learned yesterday that he lost his job and potentially his future for it. It's so sad to me and I do want to follow and support him now that I know they did something like this.

Considering what happened to people like Jonghyun, Sulli, Goo Hara and even recently Moonbin, I really wish that the industry itself would be more supportive of the mental health of their idols. He should have been offered help and resources, not kicked out of the agency for trying to talk about mental health and for opening up about his personal journey. I hope he will be okay through all of this tbh but it makes me feel really hopeless how stigmatized suicide and ideation is everywhere in the world.

Reactions: AllCatsAreGrey, sserafim and MiMif
Dr. Henjin

Dr. Henjin

Sep 23, 2023
That's horrible. I'm not familiar with the K-pop scene but the idea of someone basically showing that they're suffering and need help and then their company/boss immediately making their life harder and more miserable is everything wrong with the world today. And why people end up CTB.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and MiMif
sick.faery

sick.faery

Mar 18, 2021
i heard about him leaving his company cos of some drama but i didnt know it was cause of that stuff...

• Aww..
Reactions: MiMif
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
ctb in SK is very high, it's a very stressful society and far from the portrait of k-dramas (some good ones like It's okay to not be okay, Mask Girl) over-competitive, intolerant, narrow-minded, appearance is also a obsession and if you are not conventionally ok-looking you are discriminated which will make it more difficult to be social.

MiMif

MiMif

Sep 13, 2023
ctb in SK is very high, it's a very stressful society and far from the portrait of k-dramas (some good ones like It's okay to not be okay, Mask Girl) over-competitive, intolerant, narrow-minded, appearance is also a obsession and if you are not conventionally ok-looking you are discriminated which will make it more difficult to be social.
I loved its okay to not be okay. And yeah I agree with everything you said.

Reactions: Zegers
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I forgot to mention the sky-high loneliness and that more and more people are becoming hikikomori (it has a Korean name too but i don't remember)

window

window

artsy and isolated lesbian
Jun 11, 2023
yes I did hear :( when he first announced about his contract being cut he said something along the lines of "reverting back to bad habits" which just broke my heart. I hope he's able to get better, he's such a genuine person.

MiMif

MiMif

Sep 13, 2023
yes I did hear :( when he first announced about his contract being cut he said something along the lines of "reverting back to bad habits" which just broke my heart. I hope he's able to get better, he's such a genuine person.
Honestly though in all of his lives he seemed so goofy and cheerful I never would've guessed

Reactions: window