Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
In my mind, im very excited to die, im convinced that a better life where I can actually have the things that I want lies beyond that little bit of pain and fear. It doesnt have to be elaborate, ive always considered filling a pack with rocks, and taking a dosage to go to sleep and let gravity pull me over the high height. Imagine falling over the side as the suns setting, in the late afternoon and just drifting away. Then as this existance passes away the new one slowly just takes over.

Reactions: Passersby, deadgirlahsatan, Deleted member 19276 and 1 other person
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
i guess i have been. i see suicide as a sweet release from all of this meaningless suffering. i think of death like a warm hug in the cold, cold winter. or like coming home after being away for a long time. i personally don't believe in the afterlife or reincarnation, so home in this case is non-existence.

Reactions: Ybother, deadgirlahsatan, icanhasnick and 1 other person
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'd be really surprised if there were anyone on this website who doesn't to some extent.

Reactions: deadgirlahsatan, Leshen and icanhasnick
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Because I'm not sure what lies on the other side I'm not sure I romanticise suicide. I have fantasies about it, what it would be like, my ideal set up, the aftermath etc but that's about it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ybother, deadgirlahsatan, Deleted member 19276 and 1 other person
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Surprise!
Not even a little? I mean for me, I do think it's serious and far from the solution to everything like some other people here might make it out to be but even still I get a little bit of relief from the thought that at least I could end it all eventually even if it's unrealistic that I'd actually do it anytime soon...

Reactions: deadgirlahsatan
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Not even a little?

Not even a little.

I get a little bit of relief from the thought that at least I could end it all eventually

That's quite rational. And the Stoics would agree. Montaigne paraphrased Plutarch when he wrote:

"Here are the words of the law on this subject: If chance delivers some great misfortune that you cannot remedy, a haven is always nearby. You can swim away from your body as you would from a leaking boat. Only fools are attached to their bodies by a fear of death rather than a love of life."

And here he borrowed from Seneca, and I also find it to romanticize suicide a wee bit in the first sentence:

"The most voluntary death is the finest. Our life depends on the will of others; our death depends on our own. In nothing should we defer to our own feelings as much as in this. What others think has nothing to do with this business; it is madness to even consider it. Living is slavery if the freedom to die is lacking."

Here's a thread you might enjoy:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...ther-stoic-quotes-on-death-and-suicide.40922/

• Wow
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Not even a little.
Ah, I see. Fair enough. After reading these quotes about stoicism I can see how one can be pro choice while still not romanticizing suicide, assuming this philosophy is your exact reason. My only experience with stoicism beforehand was one of my stoner friends trying to claim his life was changed when he discovered it but he could never explain well enough what it actually meant and it didn't actually really change him at all so I hadn't bothered to look any further until now. Interesting stuff though.

Reactions: deadgirlahsatan and GoodPersonEffed
Dystopic_Momento

Dystopic_Momento

Dec 8, 2019
A long time ago when I was a christian I did. I longed to die because the afterlife was supposed to be so fantastic.

• Hugs
Despondent

Despondent

Archangel
Dec 20, 2019
I fantasize about it quite often but I don't think I've ever romanticized it, no. Maybe I'm taking the term out of context?

• Hugs
Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
i guess i have been. i see suicide as a sweet release from all of this meaningless suffering. i think of death like a warm hug in the cold, cold winter. or like coming home after being away for a long time. i personally don't believe in the afterlife or reincarnation, so home in this case is non-existence.
I like the way you phrase it, coming home after the long trek of life, essentially any form of comfort. another way I like to look at it is, when life finally ends, and you're all weary at the end of the day from all the trials you've endured, imagining someones there to just make it go away. If you've ever read the second last book of bobby pendragon (or if not which is fine), theres a part when everything he's done comes crashing down in failure and hes at his lowest point after being killed, his uncles there waiting for him, to just let him let all that emotional torment out. Something nice just like that.

• Love
Reactions: VIBRITANNIA
yannyorlaurel

yannyorlaurel

Aug 31, 2020
I hate how much it excites me because I know when it comes time it will be a terrifying, panic inducing moment trying to force myself to swig down N without vomiting and being super scared of waking up alive. What I really fantasize about is a doctor holding my hand and putting me to sleep with an 100% guaranteed injection :aw:. What'd I'd give to have been born in Belgium or the Netherlands.

Reactions: Fedrea, disabledandhopeless and Thinking
icanhasnick

icanhasnick

Student
Sep 3, 2020
Wouldn't you have to wade through a whole lot of bureaucratic crap to get approved for their program in BE/NL ? I think I'd prefer to skip all the shit and go for DIY even then.

Reactions: Skathon
yannyorlaurel

yannyorlaurel

Aug 31, 2020
Wouldn't you have to wade through a whole lot of bureaucratic crap to get approved for their program in BE/NL ? I think I'd prefer to skip all the shit and go for DIY even then.
Yeah I've heard it takes ages to get approval, but if I was there I would go that route because time is meaningless if you're gonna CTB. It's probably because I have (self-diagnosed) BPD so there's nothing I hate more than being alone, especially in the end.

icanhasnick

icanhasnick

Student
Sep 3, 2020
time is meaningless if you're gonna CTB
I'm pretty sure it's not meaningless for many. Plenty of people want to do it now, or yesterday, or when they say so, or when they can't take no more pain. Not whenever the government agency in charge takes its meaningless time and decides to approve some shit. But I do understand the "having someone at the end", and maybe going the officially-approved route is the easiest to that end.

Reactions: yannyorlaurel
yannyorlaurel

yannyorlaurel

Aug 31, 2020
I'm pretty sure it's not meaningless for many. Plenty of people want to do it now, or yesterday, or when they say so, or when they can't take no more pain. Not whenever the government agency in charge takes its meaningless time and decides to approve some shit. But I do understand the "having someone at the end", and maybe going the officially-approved route is the easiest to that end.
True, it does depends on what circumstances are leading to that choice. Personally I feel like I'm in a limbo state, where I just want an insurance policy, so time feels meaningless to me. I can imagine someone in excruciating physical pain would feel quite different. In a perfect world the state wouldn't be the one judging if you have the "right" to die, everyone should have the option to end their life peacefully on demand if they so choose without medical approval.

Reactions: Skathon
icanhasnick

icanhasnick

Student
Sep 3, 2020
And who would provide that option, in this perfect world ?

yannyorlaurel

yannyorlaurel

Aug 31, 2020
And who would provide that option, in this perfect world ?
Ideally all drugs would be decriminalized giving complete freedom of choice to the people, meaning you could get a hold of something like N without any concerns.

D

Deleted member 19276

Wizard
Jun 28, 2020
At certain times, yes. I feel a little guilty about that.
But I guess what I have truly romanticized was the hope that it can be a painless and prefered method to go with.

Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
I hate how much it excites me because I know when it comes time it will be a terrifying, panic inducing moment trying to force myself to swig down N without vomiting and being super scared of waking up alive. What I really fantasize about is a doctor holding my hand and putting me to sleep with an 100% guaranteed injection :aw:. What'd I'd give to have been born in Belgium or the Netherlands.
If there was someone to just help ease you through suicide without any judgement, it would be so much nicer I'd think. Of course theres no way that you could take the chance in our world since the average joe would sooner backstab you in favor of their career, their own safety, or muh ethics, but I've always thought having someone there to talk you through the bad feelings that might appear as the final day came would make passing very peaceful.

• Love
Reactions: yannyorlaurel
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I feel like it's not uncommon for people to romanticize suicide, especially if they've never experienced it firsthand. It's easy to romanticize what you don't "truly" understand - like how there are people that look at issues like mental illness with rose-tinted glasses. Okay maybe that was a bad example, but it was the first thing that came to mind.

Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
I don't try to romanticize it. To me suicide is like walking out of a concert because you're not enjoying the music. It's just something you do - an action.

RottenDeer

RottenDeer

Rotten to the core.
Feb 29, 2020
I don't romanticize it. It's simply wanting the pain to end because nothing works anymore.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I don't romanticize it, not even a little. I am aware of the ugliness of life and the finality and potential horror of death. The fact that it is the only one true thing that we all share in common does nothing to contradict the reality of the situation, nor !make it any more acceptable or bearable in my eyes.
I did once suffer from idealization. I recognize it now for what it was; an inability to accept that my old life was over and I had to adapt to a new, less enabled existence, mostly alone.
So I recoiled from having to do the hard work, unwitnessed, and descended into a delusional fantasy. I remember every day, all day online searching everything suicide related. Methods, guide, contacting A, medium's accounts etc. You name it, I read it, many times over. Obsession. A constant mantra in my head, that there must be a way. The anxiety I felt was like nothing I'd ever experienced and it was constant.
At that point, I wouldn't say I romanticized it, but I did suffer a certain amount of necessary delusion, a kind of insulation against the desperation of my situation.
It was the coping mechanism of a desperate fool, though as such, it was a necessary step for me to go through.

• Love
Reactions: XYZ
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I show up unexpectedly and give flowers to my suicidal ideation. Take it to a fancy restaurant and movie afterwards. Long walks on the beach and weekend camping trips.

I swear that must be the case... cause I can't seem to shake that bitch! :ohhhh: :))

• Love
Reactions: Panna and XYZ
Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
I show up unexpectedly and give flowers to my suicidal ideation. Take it to a fancy restaurant and movie afterwards. Long walks on the beach and weekend camping trips.

I swear that must be the case... cause I can't seem to shake that bitch! :ohhhh: :))
This got a really good laugh out of me, thanks for that fam

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
Lady CTB frightens me out of my wits. She is evil, ugly and brings me pain like a thousand arrows piercing my torso. I hate her, I fear her and yet she's never more than a whisper away:

There's a lady they say who feeds the darkness
It eats right from her hand
With a crying shout she'll search you out
And freeze you where you stand
Lady Evil! Evil!

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall