MorsVoluntaria

MorsVoluntaria

Dec 27, 2018
When I was in uni a few years ago, I witnessed someone jumping from the 8th floor of our dormitory building. They bumped into some windows on the way down and broke some bones. The sound of hitting the ground was loud, like a heavy door slamming. They were still alive when the medics came to pick them up. They left some blood stains that had to be pressure washed off the concrete. I found out they died soon after in the hospital. I don't know why, but that memory is just scarred into my mind and it comes up often whenever I think about topping myself. Afterwards, I would always climb up the staircase to the top floor and contemplate jumping off. There was some railing, but no net, just pure concrete underneath.

Have you guys ever seen someone attempt to end their lives in real life?

• Wow
Reactions: ForgottenAgain, haibane, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
No, not in real life. Even the ones in videos get stuck in your head I can only imagine what one would feel having witnessed that. This is what scares me about jumping, the possibility of not dying on impact, although the hight may have played a role here.

• Hugs
Reactions: MorsVoluntaria and Praestat_Mori
MorsVoluntaria

MorsVoluntaria

Dec 27, 2018
No, not in real life. Even the ones in videos get stuck in your head I can only imagine what one would feel having witnessed that. This is what scares me about jumping, the possibility of not dying on impact, although the hight may have played a role here.
yes, that is probably why I wouldn't try jumping now, unless I was at least 20 floors high. Terrified of jumping then surviving, even just for a few minutes. The possibility of surviving and living the rest of my life as a vegetable or paralyzed just sounds like a hell. but at least jumping seems quick, just less than a second of pain, then you are gone.

• Hugs
Reactions: BrainShower, Praestat_Mori and rozeske
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I've never witnessed suicides irl.

• Yay!
Reactions: MorsVoluntaria
BrainShower

BrainShower

Tiny storm
Nov 7, 2023
When you jump you want to go splat. If you are alive when they come you picked the wrong place to jump from.

I hate to be this insensitive but I have thought about it a lot for the last 30 years.

I have a fear of falling so jumping won't be my method but it is a very accessible method and can be very foolproof if the right location is selected.

I actually worked in a place where multiple people who failed suicide survived with brain injuries. It's not a good way to live. I really urge everyone here to make sure their method is fatal. (Hint: od, pistol wound to head, and partial hanging are all good ways to end up as a drooling pants-shitter from my experience)

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and MorsVoluntaria
MorsVoluntaria

MorsVoluntaria

Dec 27, 2018
When you jump you want to go splat. If you are alive when they come you picked the wrong place to jump from.

I hate to be this insensitive but I have thought about it a lot for the last 30 years.

I have a fear of falling so jumping won't be my method but it is a very accessible method and can be very foolproof if the right location is selected.

I actually worked in a place where multiple people who failed suicide survived with brain injuries. It's not a good way to live. I really urge everyone here to make sure their method is fatal. (Hint: od, pistol wound to head, and partial hanging are all good ways to end up as a drooling pants-shitter from my experience)
I'm terrified of the world where I do survive my attempt, but I am too brain-damaged to realize. and yes I'm definitely an over achiever and would hate to fail at anything, especially dying. In the country where I currently reside, there is a bridge known for suicides, they haven't installed any nets yet, but probably soon will. But if I don't die from the fall impact, maybe drowning will kill me, though agonizing. Thank God. I have purchased SN years ago when it was still widely available.

Reactions: BrainShower
inaminute

inaminute

Student
Dec 12, 2023
I'm terrified of the world where I do survive my attempt, but I am too brain-damaged to realize. and yes I'm definitely an over achiever and would hate to fail at anything, especially dying. In the country where I currently reside, there is a bridge known for suicides, they haven't installed any nets yet, but probably soon will. But if I don't die from the fall impact, maybe drowning will kill me, though agonizing. Thank God. I have purchased SN years ago when it was still widely available.
Careful, your SN may have degraded to N. Hence not likely viable anymore

Reactions: MorsVoluntaria
dinosavr

dinosavr

and if i’m turning blue please don’t save me 🌛
Dec 14, 2023
I haven't seen any suicide in real life but I've seen many online and to be honest it doesn't scare me. I can imagine the sound of the body hitting concrete in my mind but it's rather neutral, not negative.
All I ever think when I see these videos is how much I wish it was me…

Spectre

Spectre

I am serious about not taking things seriously
Nov 27, 2023
I haven't seen that happen but I have walked by a building in my university that was twice a suicide spot when it was surrounded by ambulances

inaminute

inaminute

Student
Dec 12, 2023
I've witnessed a jumper and the aftermath of a train, there were entrails hanging from the front of a virgin train near Milton Keynes station not very nice

H

Hopeless_Eagle

Jan 26, 2024
I was with a friend when he overdosed with Heroine. I'm not sure if it was an accident or intentional

mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
I work in the death industry and not seen someone actually do it, but been there right after.
There are good ways and bad.
I've witnessed a jumper and the aftermath of a train, there were entrails hanging from the front of a virgin train near Milton Keynes station not very nice
I've seen the aftermath
Not nice

Reactions: BrainShower