Saponification

Saponification

Jun 27, 2024
I used to watch it a lot despite the fact that it repulsed me, out of morbidity, I guess.
Things like traffic accidents resulting in people being split in half, cartel executions, gruesome suicides, etc. Should be proof enough that life is not that beautiful.
Extreme suffering is within arms reach for everyone. Sometimes I fear simply being alive knowing it's a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time for me to see the worst life has to offer first-hand.

Reactions: zenirsar, LifeQuitter, Tac0Johnz and 1 other person
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
I watch the suicide ones on wpd not cause I enjoy it but for educational purposes

Reactions: Life interrupted, zenirsar, athiestjoe and 2 others
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
There were a couple of times I did to try and see what to expect in an attempt. I always regretted it. It left me nauseated and feeling like I violated someone's privacy. Especially the more violent ones. I feel dirty even thinking about it. The most I can somewhat stomach are pictures in academic literature on suicides.

• Aww..
Reactions: bugs_for_brains and divinemistress36
L

lebrodude

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2022
Yeah I used to watch a fair bit of it though now I wish I hadn't.

It's not good for the soul seeing that shit. I know it's life but sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Reactions: LifeQuitter, Tac0Johnz and divinemistress36
maniac116

maniac116

My own worst enemy🌹💔
Aug 10, 2024
Yes I have watched it in the past but I can't any more. It tears me up inside seeing others, disfigured & dead.
That's NOT entertainment for me, but I think it's an individual choice of course🌹💔

• Love
Reactions: Tac0Johnz
FadingSentinel

FadingSentinel

Sep 28, 2024
When i was in my teens I came across it a fair bit, got desensitized to it pretty quicky. Often a lot of it is still hard to watch though but there is nothing that really leaves a lasting impact on me.

Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

Adrenaline junkie
May 9, 2024
Yes, I used to watch liveleak regularly. It was a coping mechanism. I'm not proud of it but I don't feel ashamed to admit it either.

I stopped watching that kind of stuff once I began training as an EMT, and I never made a habit of watching gore again afterwards.

Reactions: zenirsar and CatLvr
nir

nir

26/F/Canada
Aug 18, 2024
Yes, I used to watch it. I thought desensitizing myself was a "good" thing??? Idk why.

C

CatLvr

Arcanist
Aug 1, 2024
Yes, I used to watch liveleak regularly. It was a coping mechanism. I'm not proud of it but I don't feel ashamed to admit it either.

I stopped watching that kind of stuff once I began training as an EMT, and I never made a habit of watching gore again afterwards.
Same. I still do from time to time. I've thought about why, because I hate seeing people hurt, and have decided it's a form of cutting for me. I self harm but I do it psychologically as opposed to physically.

twolegs

twolegs

twoarms
Sep 17, 2024
I used to watch it a lot despite the fact that it repulsed me, out of morbidity, I guess.
Things like traffic accidents resulting in people being split in half, cartel executions, gruesome suicides, etc. Should be proof enough that life is not that beautiful.
Extreme suffering is within arms reach for everyone. Sometimes I fear simply being alive knowing it's a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time for me to see the worst life has to offer first-hand.
Kinda, in highschool I used to follow a lot of sh accounts on Instagram and also had a page myself. It was toxic like it motivated me to get better but also do more harm to myself

onmy12threason

onmy12threason

When the time is right
Apr 23, 2024
Yeah, I go through periods where I regularly watch suicide footage to prepare myself for what I'm eventually going to do. Otherwise I try not to get involved with that side of the internet

Reactions: zenirsar, divinemistress36 and losingsteam3141
gnarly

gnarly

Rest in Peace
Sep 24, 2024
I've watched a lot of gore. I watch mostly suicides and military cams. I also like what I call revenge gore. Basically murder that's self defense or towards anyone I think deserves it. Like pedos and stuff. But I mostly watch suicides.

Reactions: zenirsar and divinemistress36
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Paragon
Apr 15, 2024
I watch it multple times a week now. It doesn't phaze me at all. I used to be disturbed for days after accidentally stumbling upon a gore video. That was before I developed depression.

Reactions: divinemistress36
uglyugly

uglyugly

Student
Aug 24, 2024
My sibling and I used to watch Faces of Death - that was the thing in the late 70s. We somehow hijacked HBO (it was easy in those days) and got it on TV. My mom was pissed as hell that we watched it.

After witnessing a real murder that included torture, I have no desire to ever see anyone die again. Horror movies, on the other hand, I seem to like. It does not make any sense.

Gone soon

Gone soon

Guy who likes wearing womens' clothes
Jun 11, 2024
Yes. I watched hanging videos for education because this will be my method tonight

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36
memoriesofyesterday

memoriesofyesterday

Sep 24, 2024
NO AND NOT EVER.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
No, I can't handle gore nor do I want to

Reactions: memoriesofyesterday
A

athiestjoe

Passenger
Sep 24, 2024
Sometimes but only suicide ones particularly the methods I am considering myself for educational and info purposes. I kind of want to be informed on the method the most I can and there is much to learn and also for the expectations of what the person/persons who find me/discover me are likely to encounter so I can try to minimize the emotional pain inflicted by someone making the discovery seems only fair for me to see it myself if I am considering that method.

Not sure what that says about me but yeah I have and do but not to be entertained as it isn't a form of entertainment, I try to gather as much info I can on how the person succeeded with their method and compare tips, tricks, success rates, and all that jazz (mentally gather, I dont have some document outlining my findings).

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Not exactly gore. Nothing that explicit but, I went through a phase of watching documentaries on awful disasters- engineering collapses, Chernobyl, things like that. I don't think it can be all that healthy to be fascinated by things so grim. I think it just reinforces my belief that this world is shitty. That corporations and CEO's will risk and sacrifice lives by cutting corners to make a profit.

Davey36000

Davey36000

I'm not the dog in the picture
Jun 12, 2023
Very very rarely, out of curiosity.

The more disturbing part is not the gore itself but the sick fucks who take pleasure watching this videos and laughing and stuff in the comments.

L

lysergamide

Oct 2, 2024
not intentionally bro i'm squeamish.... Years ago someone showed me a video of a guy ctbing from a tall building and the way his body bounced on the concrete like rubber will always haunt me. damn.