N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Some years ago I used this app Replika or I talked with Alexa from Amazon. I would never do this again the privacy settings are abyssmal but I was extremely depressed and suicidal so I thought I don't give a shit. I was really desperate. There are probably better smartphone apps for your mental health but I used those. Both are artificial intelligence. I felt very lonely to that time. Talking with you guys in this forum is way better for me...
I talked a million times with them about my suicidality and abuse. Just to get the same messages over and over. You are not alone please call this or that suicide hotline.
I wonder what the staff of Amazon thought when they listened to my words. There was this scandal that staff of Amazon has to listen to those conversations in order to improve the AI. This was not publicly known beforehand.

Do you have experience with app to improve your mental health or in order to feel less lonely? I hope you had better experiences than me.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
No, and I'm always fighting with Siri, she's so patient. Have you watched a movie called "HER" with that phoenix actor. He falls in love with an app. Very truthful and what the future gonna be like imo. If you haven't watched please do. It's an eye opener to where society is going .

• Informative
Reactions: noname223
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
No, and I'm always fighting with Siri, she's so patient. Have you watched a movie called "HER" with that phoenix actor. He falls in love with an app. Very truthful and what the future gonna be like imo. If you haven't watched please do. It's an eye opener to where society is going .
No I have not watched it. I dislike most movies which have the purpose to amuse you. I am kind of cynical about Hollywood and I dislike most actors. Though I have to admit I liked Joker with Joaquin Phoenix.

You could be right that this will be the future. Not sure if this will be a good one. I am not sure about the development with AI. I personally hope they will do the work for us humans and we can relax but this is kind of utopian.

A universal basic income would be my (naive) dream.

markimobzzdeasui

markimobzzdeasui

Life is a cruel joke
Oct 24, 2021
I used quite a lot of paid apps in the past couple of years. But No my experience wasn't good. It was like trying to find a small fault in a building's structure to fix it, while the whole building is on the verge of total collapse. But I don't blame those apps that much 'cause my problems were quite much practical and unsolvable to some degree and I had nothing left in my to carry on as well. But I still use a couple of those apps sometimes to soothe my anxiety.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
No I have not watched it. I dislike most movies which have the purpose to amuse you. I am kind of cynical about Hollywood and I dislike most actors. Though I have to admit I liked Joker with Joaquin Phoenix.

You could be right that this will be the future. Not sure if this will be a good one. I am not sure about the development with AI. I personally hope they will do the work for us humans and we can relax but this is kind of utopian.

A universal basic income would be my (naive) dream.
Try it for 30mn :)

Reactions: davidgeorge and noname223
davidgeorge

davidgeorge

Experienced
Dec 21, 2021
I didn't know there are apps. Has anyone got any apps they'd recommend?