afutility

afutility

-
Dec 27, 2020
I find it very enjoyable, because everything around me slows down and becomes unimportant. It's only me and my thoughts. Of course it's best at home, where there's absolute silence and peace. I would like to see if anyone else has tried this method and if it helps somehow.

Reactions: binturong
Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
This sounds a lot like meditation which I used to get a ton of benefit from and it was enjoyable. Although, for a while now, it has resulted in invasive and intense thoughts that are overwhelming. These thoughts happen constantly throughout every day but it becomes more intense if there is nothing to distract me.

Reactions: afutility
Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
Holy shit I should try this. Not only for how my body would respond but also to see how my family would react to it

Reactions: signifying nothing
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
When I was young I used to go out into the middle of a field and lie down and just stare at the sky for ages. Did it once in a thunderstorm, that was something.

Reactions: afutility, binturong and signifying nothing
Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
When I was young I used to go out into the middle of a field and lie down and just stare at the sky for ages. Did it once in a thunderstorm, that was something.
Damn, I should try this one day

Reactions: Mentalmick
InTheAirTonight

InTheAirTonight

I tried
Feb 29, 2020
I find it very enjoyable, because everything around me slows down and becomes unimportant. It's only me and my thoughts. Of course it's best at home, where there's absolute silence and peace. I would like to see if anyone else has tried this method and if it helps somehow.
Yeah that's called laying in bed depressed

Reactions: fly away and Nymph
aeon

aeon

XIII
Dec 6, 2020
Every single day, I rarely play alive .

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
I don't have to play dead, I'm already the walking dead. I spend my days like a zombie, I'm tired and I am spent. There's nothing left of me.

• Hugs
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Yeah, just lay in my bed and do nothing. I do that a lot

• Hugs
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Yes when I stopped taking my thyroid medication I was semi comatose. I can't say it was fun. I genuinely felt like a rotting corpse. There were no thoughts.

What you describe sounds more like meditation.

MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
Yeah, sometimes when my grandmother wakes me up, I dont move until I get tickled. I know it's just a joke, but a part of my mind wonders what 'll happen if one day they find me dead on that bed. Selfish thoughts.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Mentalmick and Pookie