MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
There has been a time in my life where i was aware of my depression, but hated that idea of suicide. I was pretty much a naive teen back then. Each time I hear a story of someone breaking down or giving up on life, i would think of them as being "overdramatic". I even go as far as profiling them and comparing them to my situation. I couldn't even wrap my head around people commuting suicide. I had this sense of superiority, thinking i was more resilient and my experiences are harsher than theirs. I guess it didnt help that i was extremely religious. I do not know if its my age or my current state of mind that changed my views but i'm glad it did.

Does anyone ever been like this? And so how did you change?

• Hugs
Reactions: imjustanemptyshell and Lost in a Dream
CoalmineCanary

CoalmineCanary

Jul 15, 2020
Only the privileged who have been been so sheltered from the realities of life they are in a perpetual state of victimhood. They are just *so* fragile they can't even accept the slightest bit of self-awareness that might shatter their superiority complex over those less fortunate and privileged. Too often they lack empathy and it shows.

Last edited:
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I think we all have to some degree. As humans we tend to feel superior to others because we are blind to our own glaring faults, so we value what we're strong in while looking down on those who have a different set of problems - often just because we don't share those particular problems.

Whoever wired us up did a pretty bad job.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream