N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Yeah kind of interesting question isn't it? I think I lie seldomly but only on small details. I sometimes change details of my stories to protect my privacy. I have a huge number of posts. It is a precautiory measure if someone wants to dox me. I am pretty scared about that.

But you don't have to worry I was a faker. About my struggle I am fully honest. I would find it pretty hypocrtitical and immoral to lie about your situation just to get attention. I made a thread about such people a while ago. Myths say there are probably people like that on suicide forums. Maybe these people also have a lot of mental problems but just in another way.

I cannot really remember whether I ever lied in this forum for another purpose than to hide my privacy. As I said I am quite an honest person but I think some little changes really help to protect my privacy and gives me reassurance.

I don't remember a time I lied for another purpose. I rather stay out of some topics which I prefer to avoid. It is similar to my thread: do you censor yourself when you are writing here.

And do you have to make a little confession too?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest and obafgkm
Sibyl Vane

Sibyl Vane

Experienced
May 28, 2022
I never lied, but I constantly refrain from commenting or giving my full opinion on certain things. My thoughts differ a lot from the majority of the members here. The glimpses already reward me with enough antipathy. I can only wonder what would happen if I did a complete reveal.

I wish that such a place where I could be myself entirely existed.

• Hugs
Reactions: Message In A Bottle, waitingforrest, Life_and_Death and 1 other person
Rapière

Rapière

On the brink
Jul 7, 2022
I'm autistic- I already sound disingenuine enough when I tell the truth, so I'd rather not lie.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: akana, Life_and_Death and chocolatebar
chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
I never lied, but I constantly refrain from commenting or giving my full opinion on certain things. My thoughts differ a lot from the majority of the members here. The glimpses already reward me with enough antipathy. I can only wonder what would happen if I did a complete reveal.

I wish that such a place where I could be myself entirely existed.
I also hold myself a lot around here and, maybe, everywhere.
But I got curious on how you diverge. If you don't mind, I like to hear about it. Perhaps in private, to avoid unnecessary antipathy? But I understand if you prefer not to talk about it.

I'm autistic- I already sound disingenuine enough when I tell the truth, so I'd rather not lie.
I couldn't be the only person who felt this way... is this an autistic trait? I got diagnosed recently and I stumble upon some weird things I never really understood about me that are autistic traits like every week.

Now, answering to the main question from the thread, the lies I make are the ones I tell to myself, like that my life will improve and I will achieve certain things or be able to to some others. Deep down, I know that very little can change.

• Hugs
Reactions: akana, waitingforrest, Sibyl Vane and 1 other person
Sans

Sans

Protesting the conditions of an inhumane world
Oct 2, 2019
Not that I know of. This is the one place I can actually be honest, being honest on other sites would get me banned and being honest in the real world would get me alienated and/or put in a concentration camp "mental hospital".

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest
C

Cheza_mus

Experienced
Jul 1, 2021
I have not lied on this forum because I think it wouldn't help me in any way...I am not scared of being doxed or anything..

• Hugs
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
lying and i have a weird relationship. i mentally can not come up with a lie. my brain draws a blank. so i physically cant directly lie. well unless its really basic like saying no instead of yes, but anything past that im screwed so i might as well not (this of course makes writing and other art slightly more difficult, which sucks). i can however leave out information, which is a form of lying. but when i do that here its most likely because i dont feel comfortable talking about it.

so no, i havent lied

• Hugs
castler

castler

Enlightened
Jul 11, 2022
Everything that comes out of my beady mouth is a lie... Why?

I think he says it well enough.

W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Lie, never, but like everyone not going to give all the info also. Have had ID theft once and that was horrible.

Walter

W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
I would only change the time of day as to not give away my time zone and also region specific words.
My only concern is being sectioned by someone I know in real life.

I only really lie when talking to mental health workers. Like if they as me if I'm having suicidal thoughts right now.
And I would say no because technically I am thinking about how to not be suspicious at that moment. Sometimes I see how far can I go until it is clear l'm lying when people try to hospitalize me. Moraly questionable, but involuntary hospitalization is as well, so we are even.

Mostly I just try not to bring it up in the first place if I can to avoid lying.

But the more I read other members experiences, the more I realize that I could have written the same thing because how much I relate to them. So I don't feel as paranoid because it is in pit of endless similar posts.

l'm sure the average bloke would not be able to stand reading depressing stories in the off chance to stumble onto mine.

I think it's okay to change some minor details as long as it has no effect on the posts. I get stupidly paranoid about things like ''what if they knew I ate toast last morning on the 6th of december at 5:45 with two people in a dinner while it was raining and I was late on turning in my thesis for mechanical bioengineering to my professor because my phone drowned and have allergies to fish because of the time Steve sneaked a Bluefin Tuna through security.''