Kaczka86

Kaczka86

Looking for...?
Dec 15, 2019
I had maybe 2 at the time when I was reading a lot about LD. I tried couple techniques but they never really worked for me.

What about you?

Reactions: Never Free and Circles
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I went on an astral projection course in an attempt to leave my body, travel to the past, re-enter my younger body and make a different decision thus changing the present. It was ambitious to say the least

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: almaranthine, Never Free, Oyoy and 4 others
Shaw

Shaw

Dec 22, 2019
I try from time to time but only succeeded once. I woke up from my alarm and set it to ring in 10 minutes. Told myself I will lucid dream and went to sleep again. When the alarm rang I didn't turn it off. Tried doing a reality check. Touched my finger on my palm but it actually came through. I was so excited it finally worked that I woke up from it. So yeah I think it just only lasted for abt 10 second or more.

Now when I try I think it doesn't work anymore because I'm hesitant. I'm afraid that instead of a lucid dream I might get sleep paralysis. Lol I read it somewhere, others contradict the points of that site but I still find it kinda scary.

Reactions: Never Free, enjoy, Circles and 1 other person
TearyEyedQueen

TearyEyedQueen

In the wrong timeline
Nov 14, 2019
Yes but I can't manage them to last long enough, as soon as I realize I'm dreaming I wake up. Though one time I made myself have some sort of light and speed related powers and it felt awesome. Lots of astral projections too.

Reactions: Never Free, Circles and Kaczka86
Kaczka86

Kaczka86

Looking for...?
Dec 15, 2019
Now when I try I think it doesn't work anymore because I'm hesitant. I'm afraid that instead of a lucid dream I might get sleep paralysis. Lol I read it somewhere, others contradict the points of that site but I still find it kinda scary.
Actually I'm scared if this too. I remember this one time when I had sleep paralysis. It wasn't that bad but still. Not being able to move while feeling like something is looking on you and lightly touching you is not a good experience for sure!

• Hugs
Reactions: Oyoy, Circles and Shaw
Bleak Stoic

Bleak Stoic

Goodbye, Cruel World.
Dec 22, 2019
Yes! I used to practice lucid dreaming techniques religiously. Still have them on occasion.

Reactions: Kaczka86 and Circles
K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
I had maybe 2 at the time when I was reading a lot about LD. I tried couple techniques but they never really worked for me.

What about you?
Yeah, I spent many years learning how to dream lucidly. Remember, if you are on meds, using drink/drugs/ overtired, it's unlikely you will manage it. I recently quit using benzos and started accessing the plane of sleep that is required to do this.
But anyone can start the journey. Keep a notebook by your bed and record your dreams as soon as you wake.
Once you start to recognise being in a dream state, you've taken the first step towards controlling it.

Reactions: Kaczka86 and Circles
charlottewilts

charlottewilts

read Dostoyevsky
Jun 15, 2019
just had one last night, i was so happy in my dream when i realised. didn't accomplish much because my brain decided to spawn zombies, and i spent the rest of it running away from them.

Reactions: zeroambition and Kaczka86
Z

zeroambition

Recovered
Nov 3, 2019
I've been practicing lucid dreaming consistently for 7 months but I've only had about 5 lucid dreams. I can't get over how accurate everything feels, tastes and smells..

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Yeah, I spent many years learning how to dream lucidly. Remember, if you are on meds, using drink/drugs/ overtired, it's unlikely you will manage it. I recently quit using benzos and started accessing the plane of sleep that is required to do this.
But anyone can start the journey. Keep a notebook by your bed and record your dreams as soon as you wake.
Once you start to recognise being in a dream state, you've taken the first step towards controlling it.
I did exactly that with a notebook. Turned into a massive tome. Had to stop eventually cus it was taking too much time to write the dreams down. They were always so vivid and lucid, usually in control with the ability to move from dream to dream, to wake up on demand then restart an old dream. I also used to dream I was different people at the same time both observer and observed. Sounds odd but felt perfectly natural. I did lots of flying and often had complete control, or at least felt like I did.
Now I barely sleep and my dreams are nearly always hidious.

Reactions: faraway_beach and kkatt
Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
Any of my dreams are "lucid" (I am always aware of the plot and its structure, rather often being able to also... "discuss" its course), but I usually prefer to ignore it to not ruin the story.

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019

What about you?

I tried too, and all that happened was my normal dreams beat me up. They don't want my ego barging in all over.

enjoy

enjoy

Creature
Dec 20, 2019
i used to lucid dream when i was 12 or 13. i would spawn toothless from how to train your dragon and go on joyrides all over the place. it was cool.

now, i don't dream at all. it's weird.

• Love
Reactions: Soul
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I had one where I was back at my grandparents house. I suddenly remembered we'd sold it and didn't live there anymore and realised it was a dream. Calmed down and just went about exploring. Was nice after the initial panic. Had similar moments where I realise its a dream.

Reactions: Soul
K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
Any of my dreams are "lucid" (I am always aware of the plot and its structure, rather often being able to also... "discuss" its course), but I usually prefer to ignore it to not ruin the story.
Many dreams/aspects of dreams are frequently repeated. That's why it is so helpful to write them down in order that you might easily recognised it as such
There is a great deal of confusion as to what lucid dreaming actually is. Often understood simply as dreaming clearly (lucidly), the actual goal is to use your recognition of the brain's activity in order to be able to change the dream (as you describe doing), without waking up.
Such a tool can be used to help sufferers of P.T.S.D. or possibly sleep paralysis or night terrors. However, learning to identify the state of mind required in order to control persistent and/or distressing dreams may take a great deal of time and effort (as you describe in creating your tome). Not unlike riding a bike,once you learn the basics, it is a skill which can be returned to throughout life. Indeed,it takes a lifetime to master such an art.
Remember that even the most practiced amongst us will struggle when impeded by drugs,alcohol or plain old tiredness. Hence, it's impossible for anyone to never experience a bad dream ever again.
Don't be intimidated by the writing of a veritable "tome". Too often,lucid dreaming is regarded as too great of a task or that one has insufficient skills to even begin learning the technique. Believe me, it can be achieved by anyone given enough time and practice.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: H.O.Xan
Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019
I had a ton as a kid, they stopped as soon as puberty hit me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Oyoy
Never Free

Never Free

Student
Feb 6, 2019
i used to lucid dream when i was 12 or 13. i would spawn toothless from how to train your dragon and go on joyrides all over the place. it was cool.

now, i don't dream at all. it's weird.
I would lucid dream more as kid, and teen I think. I used control my dreams in a sense. I'm an Enneagram 6. Supposed to be the most fearful Enneagram types. Dreams are supposed to be very closely related to fear. Basically a lot of my dreams would revolve around me being afraid of something, and then trying to get away from it. Only things would happen instantly. Often not realistic. I am being chased, I can fly, and oh no they can also fly. However when I would realize things were happening instantly after I thought them I would realize I could control my dreams. I would typically fly, and levitate. I would do stuff like flips in the air a lot too. Have thought about getting more into intentional lucid dreaming. I can't really do it on command so much. I also often have had false awakenings, and sleep paralysis.

Oyoy

Oyoy

Spatula
Feb 2, 2020
I've heard if you don't smoke you can take nicotine patches to give you lucid dreams.
My favorite lucid dream was grinding down a mountain on the tail of my skate board. There was a pill that I took to give me the power.