SuicidalSymphonies

SuicidalSymphonies

I think I'll take a dirt nap.
Oct 13, 2019
I've found that some shows, movies and games I play with dark undertones and suffering main characters to be very relatable.

The anime movie "I want to eat your pancreas" (weird name, I know. There's a reference as to why in the movie) has a very relatable character to me because of the circumstances she is suffering from.

I don't want to spoil the movie, so I won't say what it is, but that's how I feel.

As well as a character in an animated series who wants to ctb.

Anyone else?

~H x

• Love
Reactions: disabledandhopeless, Whisperinyourear, Deleted member 19276 and 3 others
L

limpingtowardfreedom

Apr 19, 2020
Night in the Woods

• Hugs
Reactions: Tragoedia Vitae and SuicidalSymphonies
TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
Kousei Arima from Your Lie in April and Shinji from Evangelion – both depressed characters, I can easily relate to them. Rei from Evangelion too.

Also, and this is dumb, Kakyoin from JoJo. Feeling like no one could truly understand him because he had a secret he couldn't talk about...yeah, relatable.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Sinai Silence, casctb and SuicidalSymphonies
L

limpingtowardfreedom

Apr 19, 2020
I think a lot of people here, myself included, could also relate to the show Bojack Horseman.

One of the most realistic portrayals of depression in fiction, and that's really just the tip of the iceberg.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sinai Silence and SuicidalSymphonies
SuicidalSymphonies

SuicidalSymphonies

Oct 13, 2019
I think a lot of people here, myself included, could also relate to the show Bojack Horseman.

One of the most realistic portrayals of depression in fiction, and that's really just the tip of the iceberg.

Bojack Horseman was tough for me to watch. Felt like nearly every episode was inside my brain. Amazing show, nonetheless.

Hugs x

• Hugs
Reactions: Sinai Silence and limpingtowardfreedom
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
I think I always relate to some detail regardless. Like I'll always relate to ctb or something dark. But those scenarios or details would be very much to list lol.

When I play or watch, I feel and imagine the characters and everything even if I don't relate. I think its a good experience and see different perspectives.

However, I relate to many of them and not necessarily male characters.
Anime: Jiraiya/Naruto, Edward/FMAB, Winry/FMAB, Hinata/Naruto, Deku/Boku no hero, Leorio/HxH, Franky/One piece Itachi/Naruto and much more.

Games: Cloud/FF7, Link and Zelda/All Zeldas specially MM which is dark and BOTW, Ryu and Nina/breath of fire 1&2, Phoenix Wright and Maya/Ace attorney and much more

The list actually is much longer but thats what I remember now. XD

• Hugs
Reactions: Sinai Silence, Tragoedia Vitae and SuicidalSymphonies
SuicidalSymphonies

SuicidalSymphonies

Oct 13, 2019
I think I always relate to some detail regardless. Like I'll always relate to ctb or something dark. But those scenarios or details would be very much to list lol.

When I play or watch, I feel and imagine the characters and everything even if I don't relate. I think its a good experience and see different perspectives.

However, I relate to many of them and not necessarily male characters.
Anime: Jiraiya/Naruto, Edward/FMAB, Winry/FMAB, Hinata/Naruto, Deku/Boku no hero, Leorio/HxH, Franky/One piece Itachi/Naruto and much more.

Games: Cloud/FF7, Link and Zelda/All Zeldas specially MM which is dark and BOTW, Ryu and Nina/breath of fire 1&2, Phoenix Wright and Maya/Ace attorney and much more

The list actually is much longer but thats what I remember now. XD

Loving this reply! I definitely understand what you mean. I'm envious that you could list off that many at once. Ahaha.

• Love
Reactions: Life sucks
Acerakis

Acerakis

Carer
Jun 5, 2020
Another member here recently recommended me the manga Oyasumi Punpun which I think I is the most realistic depiction of what living with social anxiety is like that I have encountered.

• Hugs
Reactions: SuicidalSymphonies and Deleted member 19276
SuicidalSymphonies

SuicidalSymphonies

Oct 13, 2019
Another member here recently recommended me the manga Oyasumi Punpun which I think I is the most realistic depiction of what living with social anxiety is like that I have encountered.

I'll have to look into that! Anxiety is something I seriously struggle with. I'm at the top of the anxiety scale, so I'm sure I'd like it.

• Love
Reactions: Acerakis
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Definitely! Mob psycho 100 has some really relatable themes of self improvement and rejection. As for games the beginner's guide is pretty much about depression and self worth. Celeste is also about depression and has relatable moments.

• Hugs
Reactions: Whisperinyourear and SuicidalSymphonies
D

Deleted member 19276

Wizard
Jun 28, 2020
The Life is Strange series probably. Always did my best to make good choices in that game.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sinai Silence, Tragoedia Vitae, SuicidalSymphonies and 1 other person
illbeinthegarage

illbeinthegarage

funs fun but who needs it
Jun 14, 2020
The Life is Strange series probably. Always did my best to make good choices in that game.
one of my favourite games ever, from the soundtrack to the meaning to the graphics. its a beautiful amazing game

• Hugs
Reactions: Sinai Silence, Deleted member 19276 and SuicidalSymphonies
the box is empty

the box is empty

Sometimes the fall kills you. Sometimes you fly.
Mar 8, 2020
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 19276, SuicidalSymphonies and Brick In The Wall
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Yes absolutely. When looking at my favourite films I find they're all relatable in some way. Open your eyes speaks to me. You know at that moment at least one person felt what you did. It's impossible not to have a slight bias in these instances. Is it the best film ever made? Probably not but it's made me feel like it is.

• Hugs
Reactions: Tragoedia Vitae, SuicidalSymphonies and Brink
catsarecool

catsarecool

Remember me for me, I need to set my spirit free
Jul 2, 2020
Persona 3. I heavily relate to the main character and their journey.

Kakeru Naruse from Orange also hits very close to home.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Tragoedia Vitae and SuicidalSymphonies
SuicidalSymphonies

SuicidalSymphonies

Oct 13, 2019
Yes absolutely. When looking at my favourite films I find they're all relatable in some way. Open your eyes speaks to me. You know at that moment at least one person felt what you did. It's impossible not to have a slight bias in these instances. Is it the best film ever made? Probably not but it's made me feel like it is.

Very well said. I know what you mean. I've got some random movies I've felt were relatable that aren't really popular or anything, and I have no problem being open about it.

Reactions: Mr2005
N

netrezven

Mage
Dec 13, 2018
Most of the time i'm having fun comparing real life and what's in the movies. I really wann see how you fight with bare hands 15 guys with loaded guns, yeee.
Anyway, i'm like the cat in Alice in Wonderland. We are 100% related.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Skathon and SuicidalSymphonies
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Very well said. I know what you mean. I've got some random movies I've felt were relatable that aren't really popular or anything, and I have no problem being open about it.
It's well worth watching though. Definitely a good film it might just not mean as much to you as it does to me.

• Hugs
Reactions: SuicidalSymphonies
SuicidalSymphonies

SuicidalSymphonies

Oct 13, 2019
It's well worth watching though. Definitely a good film it might just not mean as much to you as it does to me.

I'll give it a whirl. :-)

Reactions: Mr2005
Acerakis

Acerakis

Carer
Jun 5, 2020
Have also just been thinking about one of my all time favourite films, Repo Man which I think really nails how meaningless life can feel at times.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 19276, SuicidalSymphonies and LivedTooLong
D

Deleted member 19276

Wizard
Jun 28, 2020
one of my favourite games ever, from the soundtrack to the meaning to the graphics. its a beautiful amazing game

Couldn't agree more! :smiling: A game that is all about the choices a person makes and what will happen as a consequence. :hug:
But yeah, the art style of the game / graphics are truly unique as well. :)
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Now that is a game that is truly epic too! The whole, fighting your inner demons in a sense. I never properly finished it, but I plan to. :)

• Hugs
Reactions: Sinai Silence and SuicidalSymphonies
Sinai Silence

Sinai Silence

I think I'ma die alone inside my room
Jul 6, 2020
The Beginner's Guide really hit home, not an entertaining game as such but very powerful in its own right. It's made by the same developer as the Stanley Parable; it isn't anywhere near the same tone though. I loved Doki Doki Literature Club, although it could be triggering for some people.

Movie wise I didn't stop crying at A Silent Voice (make fun of me all you want I love that film haha) Joker is an obvious one to mention too even with the controversy around the film its hard to not appreciate the effort Joaquin Phoenix put into the role.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 19276 and SuicidalSymphonies
SuicidalSymphonies

SuicidalSymphonies

Oct 13, 2019
The Beginner's Guide really hit home, not an entertaining game as such but very powerful in its own right. It's made by the same developer as the Stanley Parable; it isn't anywhere near the same tone though. I loved Doki Doki Literature Club, although it could be triggering for some people.

Movie wise I didn't stop crying at A Silent Voice (make fun of me all you want I love that film haha) Joker is an obvious one to mention too even with the controversy around the film its hard to not appreciate the effort Joaquin Phoenix put into the role.

I couldn't laugh at you for that. I literally always bawl my eyes out when I watch a Silent Voice or I want to eat your pancreas.

Sinai Silence

Sinai Silence

I think I'ma die alone inside my room
Jul 6, 2020
I couldn't laugh at you for that. I literally always bawl my eyes out when I watch a Silent Voice or I want to eat your pancreas.

I bought the books for A Silent Voice, haven't got round to reading them yet though; think I'll need a week to compose myself first haha. I'm looking forward to reading them though.

The Midnight Gospel is a great example too, loved the existential questions of life and death it raised. I hope they do a second series soon. I could get lost in the world and still resonate with the messages from the podcast. Charlotte is super cute too

• Hugs
SuicidalSymphonies

SuicidalSymphonies

Oct 13, 2019
I bought the books for A Silent Voice, haven't got round to reading them yet though; think I'll need a week to compose myself first haha. I'm looking forward to reading them though.

The Midnight Gospel is a great example too, loved the existential questions of life and death it raised. I hope they do a second series soon. I could get lost in the world and still resonate with the messages from the podcast. Charlotte is super cute too

Cool! My cover photo on here is The Midnight Gospel. :-) x

• Hugs
Reactions: Sinai Silence
ArtySchopenhauer

ArtySchopenhauer

Jun 25, 2020
I'd say Der Todesking is a really good(german cult "horror" movie), it mainly deals with depression and suicide. Great movie. Relatable.

• Hugs
Reactions: SuicidalSymphonies and Deleted member 19276
the box is empty

the box is empty

Sometimes the fall kills you. Sometimes you fly.
Mar 8, 2020
I heard Senua's sacrifice is a really good game!

Just a warning for anyone who's wonder what it's like to experience psychosis, here's your chance. I wouldn't say it's a fun game, but I felt acknowledged.

• Hugs
H

Heart Shards

The shards of my broken heart cut deep.
Feb 3, 2019
The Dark Tower. I'm always in search of death, while Roland searched for The Dark Tower. Maybe I'll stumble across my own Dark Tower soon.

• Love