card1nal

card1nal

trying to find peace by whatever means possible :)
Jan 23, 2023
I don't purposefully try to look for people I may know in person on here, and I know how unlikely it is, but sometimes I'll see a comment from someone that reminds me of someone I know. I always have to tell myself that it's probably not them. Does anyone else experience this? Or, has anyone ever confirmed that someone they found on here was someone they knew in real life?

Reactions: loopdaloop, psp3000, CandyK__ and 2 others
card1nal

card1nal

Jan 23, 2023
Good question. Not until now.

"Not until now" as in, you've never thought about or questioned it until now, or as in you've never seen someone on here you know in person until now?

ThomasJ

ThomasJ

Feb 16, 2023
I sincerely hope that never happens.

And if I did, I'd sure hope that we would not recognise each other.

Reactions: StolenLife, Red Desert, LoiteringClouds and 2 others
redisblue

redisblue

"cut me clean, till i can't think anymore."
Feb 12, 2023
I've not found anyone here that I know irl (I hope), but sometimes I do find comments that remind me of people I know. I'm more paranoid about people finding my account or posts and realising it's me

Reactions: card1nal
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
I know who @Weebster is on other forums
free him

Reactions: whatevs and card1nal
LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Jul 4, 2020
I don't know if that person is registered here but once I was on Ikea parking lot and saw someone browsing the forum while sitting in it's car. However, I didn't talk with them or anything because not everyone is comfortable talking about their problems with strangers. Especially since we know that there are some haters who want to shut down this forum and our freedom of speech. You know about which groups I'm talking about.

• Wow
Reactions: Red Desert, LossOfMe, Minegelina and 3 others
R

RW__Asher23

Global Mod
Dec 11, 2022
I hope not but recently get IM from person not member of a social media I use who was asking to chat with me, the title line suicide methods. That scares me. How they find me and who and I never give out that info in here. But that title hit a nerve. Like who??? How?? From here???? Nooo I hope not. idk. I did not reply to request ! But if it is someone from here and thinks they know me , maybe they do? If they are from here I guess I wouln't mind too much but I would not want social media I use to see messages to me with "I have new suicide method" or something. I am being watched enough already. Ugh! Peace
Happens when you have history...

Reactions: card1nal
Parting Sorrow

Parting Sorrow

Feb 18, 2023
I see stories on here that remind me of myself sometimes and it definitely isn't me so hopefully people just generally remember it is a world of over eight billion people with a statistically sound number of consequences in it, which is vast.

• Love
Reactions: loopdaloop and card1nal
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
No, however I am a member of another, more niche forum (unrelated to CTB) and I sometimes run into members of it online. A few days ago, I saw one of them by chance in the comments of a video and freaked out.

• Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: loopdaloop, Mimi_, card1nal and 1 other person
D

Dayrain

Arcanist
Feb 3, 2023
"Not until now" as in, you've never thought about or questioned it until now, or as in you've never seen someone on here you know in person until now?
The second. I definitely thought about it, and I think everyone overthinks what he posts here because of the possibility of being recognized as well.

Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and card1nal
Apathy79

Apathy79

Arcanist
Oct 13, 2019
I came here looking for posts from someone I knew who ctb. But didn't find any. He mentioned the site to his mother so she could easily figure out who I am if she came here. But if she has, I haven't heard about it. One person here has discovered who I am through a post I made and mentioned it privately, but I didn't know them. I also know who a handful of people here are through their posts but have never met any of them personally.

Reactions: Red Desert, anguila_anguila and card1nal
card1nal

card1nal

Jan 23, 2023
I hope not but recently get IM from person not member of a social media I use who was asking to chat with me, the title line suicide methods. That scares me. How they find me and who and I never give out that info in here. But that title hit a nerve. Like who??? How?? From here???? Nooo I hope not. idk. I did not reply to request ! But if it is someone from here and thinks they know me , maybe they do? If they are from here I guess I wouln't mind too much but I would not want social media I use to see messages to me with "I have new suicide method" or something. I am being watched enough already. Ugh! Peace
Happens when you have history...

Yeah, that sounds terrifying. Being found in this place by someone I know would feel like a total invasion of privacy despite the site being public. I would feel even worse if they actually brought it up to me though! That sounds very uncomfortable.

L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
I don't purposefully try to look for people I may know in person on here, and I know how unlikely it is, but sometimes I'll see a comment from someone that reminds me of someone I know. I always have to tell myself that it's probably not them. Does anyone else experience this? Or, has anyone ever confirmed that someone they found on here was someone they knew in real life?
No, but I know of 1 account that I think one of my stalkers made to follow what I post on here. I don't mind because I've gotten so used to their weird obsessions by now and they clearly need this site more than I do.

Last edited:
anguila_anguila

anguila_anguila

Feb 27, 2023
I see stories on here that remind me of myself sometimes and it definitely isn't me so hopefully people just generally remember it is a world of over eight billion people with a statistically sound number of consequences in it, which is vast.
Sorry to burst your bubble. It is highly likely that at least 2 of the members in this site know each other.
I know it was probably in some just but the 8 billion you quoted includes people who don't use the internet (e.g. babies, those without computers/internet access and technophobes).
Then you also have to disregard pretty much anyone who can't read or write any English (except the really persistent folks here who exclusively use translators).
Then you have to factor out most of the population who aren't suicidal, the places where the site isn't visible or isn't that well known.
Etc. Etc.
So that 8 billion number is significantly smaller. Plus as the website gets more popularity then more people are going to use it - those who are suicidal and those who are worried about someone they know who is and others trying to find dirt on the site itself.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but most posts are visible without a login right? So people could see the posts and then think it sounds like someone they know, and then join.
So the moral is, I'm not trying to alarm anyone but don't give away too much info if you don't want to be found on here.

crowbait

crowbait

they/them
Oct 4, 2022
not in real life but i feel like there's some people on here i may know on twitter

Parting Sorrow

Parting Sorrow

Feb 18, 2023
Sorry to burst your bubble. It is highly likely that at least 2 of the members in this site know each other.
I know it was probably in some just but the 8 billion you quoted includes people who don't use the internet (e.g. babies, those without computers/internet access and technophobes).
Then you also have to disregard pretty much anyone who can't read or write any English (except the really persistent folks here who exclusively use translators).
Then you have to factor out most of the population who aren't suicidal, the places where the site isn't visible or isn't that well known.
Etc. Etc.
So that 8 billion number is significantly smaller. Plus as the website gets more popularity then more people are going to use it - those who are suicidal and those who are worried about someone they know who is and others trying to find dirt on the site itself.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but most posts are visible without a login right? So people could see the posts and then think it sounds like someone they know, and then join.
So the moral is, I'm not trying to alarm anyone but don't give away too much info if you don't want to be found on here.
Whatever then. If you know me, come pull up.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
No. And I follow some rules to avoid that. I think there are not that many people in this forum from my country anyway. Moreover most people in real life don't have a fucking clue which hell I am going through. And the ones who know it are not suicidal and they would not doxx me anyway.
Maybe therapists could if they studied suicide forums but why would they do that?

Reactions: Iva
Sulyya

Sulyya

Synergist
Mar 6, 2023
No but yesterday I was browsing in public (site name hidden so just looks like a forum) and briefly spoke to someone who I learned has depression. Didn't mention anything but makes me wonder.

whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
I met a guy that had browsed (but not posted) in this forum. He was a haggard and crouched individual, he looked beaten down by life. Some people just look like shells, like victims, you could tell. He was very sensitive and quite cultured, we spoke about Schopenhauer and had a few (overpriced) drinks. Basically, he wasn't shit ethically and behaviorally, which has to do with being abused in a hell realm such as this.

He told me his father was a psychopath and that he had been bullied at a prior job but now was succesfully holding down a teacher position. When he browsed the forum he was strictly business and almost did it, he was amused to learn I was a poster, not a goner. lol

I do think that if you meet people that look destroyed it'll be likely a few of them now of the place, nowaydays everything is online, including death.
I know who @Weebster is on other forums
free him
I misss Weebster :(

• Love
Reactions: loopdaloop, Red Desert and Rocinante
themisbelow

themisbelow

they/them
Mar 5, 2023
I learned a close friend of mine had used it in the past due to discussing it in regards to the YouTube video that was published recently about this site, but beyond that no.

strawb12

strawb12

Student
Mar 26, 2023
Theres one person I know is on this forum. We actually meet up in real life sometimes to hang out. & we'll talk about methods & experiences with each other & its great. I know everyone values their privacy & all that but its great knowing that I personally know someone else on the forum.

• Hugs
Reactions: loopdaloop