MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
Are there times when you feel like you have to settle for more in life, just to feel satisfied with yourself?

because you know you can do more. Like with your job, hobby or other aspect of life.

Do you feel immense embarrassment from just a small mistake?

Have you ever rejected help from people, because you think you should be to handle things yourself? And when it gets worse you berate yourself.

I feel like I crippled myself because of my overblown pride. I can't handle rejection and failure well. I feel so useless for not being able to meet goals that I know are unrealistic, that rather than settling for less, I'd rather not try at all.. I thought it was a good thing to push myself hard until I broke and I dont want to get up anymore.

Have you ever feel this way? If yes, have you done something about it?

• Hugs
Reactions: 262653 and WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Yes, my pride has brought me some problems during my life.
Then, I knew things couldn't be done only by me and I learnt to be a good co-worker and friend.
Still, depression turned me into a NEET and I lost most of my friends and my pride and loneliness won't allow me to reach them again.

However, little by little, I'm recovering because I've even started to work again.

To sum up, yes, pride is a bi*ch

• Love
Reactions: MindFrog
BornofDust

BornofDust

Student
Dec 11, 2020
Yep. My pride has made me lose a LOT of opportunities because of my prideful constant fear of humiliation. And even if my pride was justified, usually something(or in most cases someone)quickly nips that in the bud. I've been realizing lately, which I might make a post about today, that my pride is very much motivated by my toxic shame. Which explains a lot tbh.

• Love

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Yes, I guess. I would say that I'm capable of performing basic, life sustaining tasks, but I don't feel like the effort is worth it. It's like loving apples but refusing to by them for 5000$ per kg. I love the good things in life but the cost is simply unacceptable. No, it's an insult of the highest order, knowing that there are people with healthier, more efficient bodies and with life-compatible mindset, who can afford to put colossal effort to get the good things of life.

How do I know if I'm capable of handling life? Just because I can imagine myself doing the necessary work? I can also imagine myself flying out of the window, Peter Pan style, but that doesn't prove that I can fly.

• Love
M

Moviement

Dec 16, 2020
(sorry for my english)
I have my own flat, and to be still alive, i need money. I can sell this, but to do this, i need to contact with my father (he is still owner too). He make my childhood terrible. So... I don't want.

• Love