P

Phoenix

Student
Feb 27, 2021
I've never experienced this before - I'm unbearably painfully depressed (which is normal) but I have so much energy buzzing away in my body? It makes me so agitated and causes me to pace because I don't know how to get rid of this energy. My mind is racing everything in my head and around me feels so fast like it's going 100mph.
Is this a mixed episode? Because if it is I'm not diagnosed with bipolar and I definitely have never been manic. I'm just so unsure what's going on this is something I've never experienced before

• Hugs
Reactions: WornOutLife
I-can-only-imagine

I-can-only-imagine

Student
Apr 26, 2021
I get episodes like this Since my depression relapsed severely a few months ago. I'm not bipolar but I get the episodes and I can only describe them as "feeling manic", like you, thoughts going 150mph, feeling like I'm going to explode from all the pent up energy inside. Thoughts constantly conflicting each other and never ending, cycling. I have no recommendations for you because my coping technique is bad. Trying to exercise it out is definitely not a bad idea.

P

Phoenix

Student
Feb 27, 2021
I've never experienced this before and it's quite scary. Normally I'm totally depressed and can't move. Now I just feel full of energy racing thoughts jumping around my head and everything me is so fast! Music speeds up, things around me speed up, I gave 101 though and ideas bouncing around my head. Then BOOM I suddenly crash and I'm in pieces begging to die. Never experienced Mania thought. I just hope it's not another diagnosis to add to the list *sigh*

I-can-only-imagine

I-can-only-imagine

Student
Apr 26, 2021
I've never experienced this before and it's quite scary. Normally I'm totally depressed and can't move. Now I just feel full of energy racing thoughts jumping around my head and everything me is so fast! Music speeds up, things around me speed up, I gave 101 though and ideas bouncing around my head. Then BOOM I suddenly crash and I'm in pieces begging to die. Never experienced Mania thought. I just hope it's not another diagnosis to add to the list *sigh*
It is scary when it happens. You feel like you could run and run and never tire but then you can't run because there's too much other stuff going on. You literally feel like you are going to explode. So many emotions but none of them depression as such. And it comes for me, out of no where. I can be having a steady low day and then bang. It happens.

• Aww..
Reactions: Phoenix
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Yes, I used to have lots of those.

Pampering my dog was the only thing that calmed me down and helped me to control my "overenergy" when I was a "prisoner" at my parents's home.

Now, I'm living alone again so I don't have my lovely dog with me anymore but, I can get quite relaxed just by smoking or drinking in my balcony while looking at the stars.

Anyway, hope you can feel better soon.

Hugs and love,

Matt

• Love
Reactions: Phoenix
P

Phoenix

Student
Feb 27, 2021
Thanks lovely. I'm exactly the same, nothing helps me but the closeness of an animal. They are literal therapy.
Sorry to hear you no longer have your dog, that must be tough but star gazing and smoking is so relaxing!
I just wish I knew what it was some sort of name or diagnosis. *sigh* I don't know, it won't change anything anyway.
thanks for your kind words x
It is scary when it happens. You feel like you could run and run and never tire but then you can't run because there's too much other stuff going on. You literally feel like you are going to explode. So many emotions but none of them depression as such. And it comes for me, out of no where. I can be having a steady low day and then bang. It happens.
My mental health team are putting it down to anxiety which I very much doubt. I've suffered with anxiety since the age of 17, I'm now 28 and never experienced this.