N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I cannot remember the last time I donated something. I am extremely anxious about poverty so I am very selfish concerning money issues.
But I think also the way I was raised influenced me. My parents thought stuff like donating only was a facade or charade. Like going to church.
They were idiots and I am sure I undertook some world views which I am not self-aware about.

I make gifts to my friends. But only when they have birthday. Sometimes they tell me I don't have to give them anything because they know my extreme anxiety about poverty.

I once gave a present to my friends when I was delusional. I thought they would be angry on me and demanded it. This was not true but my paranoid brain thought that.

Mabye I should consider to donate my organs when I die. There is some misinformation about it on the internet. But I read some things which concerned me. I won't repeat what I have in mind it could be wrong.

When I was a child I donated stuff. But my mom made negative comments about it. At christmas, or cloths that did not fit anymore. Not exactly donating but I bought stuff which/whose (?) revenue went to charity. Lol. This sentence broke my thinking ability.I hope you get what i wanted to say. It is late and I need some sleep. I struggle to sleep well recently.

• Hugs
Reactions: GrumpyFrog
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Yes, Wikipedia usually bullies me into donating a little.

I have also donated to campaigns, newspapers, food banks, and the various charities my job bosses like to get the disposable rank and file involved in.

When I lived in a city with lots of homeless, I often bought them food or gave them little packs of supplies or water.

Reactions: lex and jodes2
Raskolnikov's Axe

Raskolnikov's Axe

Aug 31, 2022
I donated a few dollars to an open source chess site. I don't mind giving and helping someone, but I feel strong disdain towards any charity organizations that seek people's money. They are shady at best and crooks at worst. I prefer to cut out the middle man and just help a disadvantaged person on the street. It doesn't grant me any personal satisfaction, though. I am not deluded enough to think that a few coins I give them will make any noticeable change in their life. I lament my uselessness, shrug it off and move on.

Reactions: jodes2 and Celerity
Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
I make money donations semi-regularly and I'm also an organ donor. I got really upset when my organ donation paperwork got messed up because it meant that if I commit suicide there'd be a 0% chance of me being useful to anyone. Luckily I cleared things up but I've heard most suicide corpses aren't used for organ donation anyway.

Reactions: Celerity and jodes2
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I am extremely anxious about poverty so I am very selfish concerning money issues

Same, I've never donated anything. Besides my money I just have junk nobody wants so I haven't donated anything to charity shops either. But I'll donate my ogans when I die, assuming SN laden organs are useable

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I make money donations semi-regularly and I'm also an organ donor. I got really upset when my organ donation paperwork got messed up because it meant that if I commit suicide there'd be a 0% chance of me being useful to anyone. Luckily I cleared things up but I've heard most suicide corpses aren't used for organ donation anyway.
Unfortunately, that's likely anyway unless you die in a hospital.

GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
I've donated a bunch in this year. Like, more than 50% of money I've been making. I've also been volunteering lots. It doesn't give me "warm fuzzies". I just feel obligated to do so, because of how shitty reality around me has gotten, but I am still sad because all of my effort is like desperately shoveling sand into an ocean and hoping it will stop a tsunami, it doesn't really change anything. This is actually a huge factor that is pushing me to CTB - I feel under an obligation to keep pushing on and on non-stop to help others, even if I feel completely worn out and exhausted.