P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
what was it like ?

I have never broke any of my bones although I am at risk

I remember when people used to break them on purpose to gain popularity at school

• Love
Reactions: cgrtt.brns
SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
Broke my arm when I was a kid. I don't remember feeling much pain as my arm went numb pretty fast and I couldn't move it.
Ofc I cried a lot.
But that's not the worst part. The worst part is when the doctor put it back in place...

And btw, I didn't get any popular, so I think that's a myth.

• Informative
Reactions: MiMif and psp3000
CandycanePuke

CandycanePuke

Sep 26, 2023
i've broken my collarbone, and i've fractured my rib and skull.
healing it was super annoying because it hurt like hell whenever any part of that arm moved since the collarbone is so mobile. my collarbone and rib also still hurt if the healed break is touched. my collarbone being touched or having weight on that shoulder makes me feel like im going to puke.

• Aww..
Reactions: psp3000
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Yep. As a teenager.
It was extremely painful and I nearly passed out.

• Informative
cosifantutti

cosifantutti

Student
Aug 27, 2023
My arm, as a teenager. The pain wasn't too bad.

• Informative
Lys_C15H25N3O_d3

Lys_C15H25N3O_d3

Student
Sep 19, 2023
1997 24th10 car crash 7yro bday

left arm

2018 right hand , " tenorrrhrrafya ? cut of 2 tendoms.... (goodbye guitar goodbye typing and writing good luck relearning how to use kitchenware
2018 - skull fractures. some fck asshole said he would break a glass bottle and i .. didnt think he was serious
2019 - meniscus (knee) broke this in a stupid drunken thing.. 5 years or more than 5 without surgery, goodbye muay thai good bye walking running
same year a necrosis due to spider poison (thought it was a ciggarete )

now ,. the mind is totally shattered ;.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: vampire2002 and psp3000
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
Broke my arm when I was a kid. I don't remember feeling much pain as my arm went numb pretty fast and I couldn't move it.
Ofc I cried a lot.
But that's not the worst part. The worst part is when the doctor put it back in place...

And btw, I didn't get any popular, so I think that's a myth.
I always thought that they only put dislocated parts of the body back in rather than broken parts

I remember watching a video of a guy getting his cast on and instead of doing it straight away without any medications or sedatives they gave him Ketamine

it was his leg

but I guess they won't do that since you were a kid at the time of the event

since it was painful I hope it was a quick action and they didn't take too long to put your arm back in place
2018 right hand , " tenorrrhrrafya ? cut of 2 tendoms.... (goodbye guitar goodbye typing and writing good luck relearning how to use kitchenware
did you only relearn how to use the right hand or did you also train yourself to be ambidextrous ?

also did you ever pick up any new hobbies since the incidents ?

Last edited:
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
Right arm, hurt like shit at first, but then I was numb to it and basically learned how to master dissociation from then on (2012, when I was 12). Lucky I'm left handed and people point out I'm left handed all the damn time and it's annoying af

• Informative
Reactions: Ruma and psp3000
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
Right arm, hurt like shit at first, but then I was numb to it and basically learned how to master dissociation from then on (2012, when I was 12). Lucky I'm left handed and people point out I'm left handed all the damn time and it's annoying af
I also forget that left handed people exist

just like those/companies who make popular food/food utensils and dinnerware and stationary products

this also makes me wonder what the percentage or probability/statistic is that someone will break their arm with their dominant hand versus breaking their arm not including their dominant hand

apoptosis_

apoptosis_

Sep 28, 2023
Yes. Not once, not twice, 3 times. First time was when I was 10 or something. Fell of my bike and broke my left forearm it was a terrible scene small tip of the bone came out and all and still traumatize me to this day. I didn't even know my arm was broken till look at it. It was numb for a first few seconds. The second time was when I was 16 at school. I was a having a meltdown and punched the wall and guess what one of my right palm bones broke. And the third one is not long ago, another bike accident broke my right forearm. Not as bad as the first one tho it was the worst.

• Aww..
NocturnILL

NocturnILL

She will become the wind…
Sep 11, 2023
I broke my left wrist when I was a kid. I was trying to balance on a orange cone with one foot…didn't go well 😂

• Yay!
avoid

avoid

⦿ ⦿
Jul 31, 2023
I had a complex double fracture in my forearm when I was a kid. I didn't feel any pain in the first 5 minutes or so. If anything it felt like a pressure from within my arm because it bent about 30 degrees upwards where it shouldn't. My gym instructor told me to hold it under the cold water stream from a faucet. I started to feel the pain a little more minute by minute. After about 10 á 15 minutes, I was driven to the hospital by another parent. It took about 30 minutes before I felt all the pain from the bone fractures. Eventually, every little movement with my right arm was excruciating: the uneven roadway; the door thresholds; the x-ray; standing up and sitting down; and the doctors' touchy hands. I was sent home for the night with a lot of support for my arm. The night leading up to the surgery I was restless. I cried from the pain and frustration of not being able to fall asleep. The pain was significantly less after the surgery with 2 metal rods in my forearm and a cast.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Ruma

Ruma

Experienced
Dec 26, 2021
Not broken but fractured two ribs,I've never felt pain like it,it was horrendous.
( Another left handed person here! )

• Aww..
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
2 metal rods in my forearm and a cast.
did you have to get screws as well or was the rod temporary?

someone I knew broke their ankle and they had to get rods and screws I think

so sometimes when it would rain or there was a thunderstorm they could feel it coming I don't know if that's a common experience but I find it very interesting

avoid

avoid

⦿ ⦿
Jul 31, 2023
did you have to get screws as well or was the rod temporary?
The rods were temporary and I got to keep them when they took them in the second surgery about 6 months later. I don't know how the rods were temporarily attached to my bones.

I wore the cast for 5 á 6 weeks and used just the arm brace for the remaining time until the second surgery. Some people didn't believe me that my arm was broken because they saw only the brace, no cast. So I had to be extra careful about people bumping into me. I walked around with my right arm T-rex style (90° elbow, hand hanging down) so it was difficult to unlearn this behaviour after I not needing the arm brace anymore. There are several pictures of me taken by my friends in which they drew a candle in my hand. I was kinda embarrassed about it but it was classic poking around and making fun of each other, and I can't help but laugh as I'm remembering this now.

• Informative
Inthewind

Inthewind

Wondering Waevern
Sep 19, 2023
Broke my bone as a kid fell off those fence poles that werent that high off the ground by this movie theatre. I passed out apparently on the ride and during hospital visit, woke up and had a cast on my arm. At some point it was half a cast that I had to hold, and so I decided to not hold it to see what would happen and my arm twisted itself.

• Aww..
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
There are several pictures of me taken by my friends in which they drew a candle in my hand. I was kinda embarrassed about it but it was classic poking around and making fun of each other, and I can't help but laugh as I'm remembering this now.
GGR2319.jpg

made me think of this haha

T

takyon

im just a girl
Oct 9, 2023
no but i always wanted to break my leg when i was younger so i'd get crutches... i really really wanted crutches for some reason.

B

blightoftheavenues

Sep 18, 2023
18 bones now, around 75% being intentional. the pain is like nothing else you can imagine, your fight or flight is overwhelmingly triggered. every time ive broken a large bone (femur, radius, clavicle), i've thrown up, gone non-verbal, and otherwise shut down. after about 48 hours though, the pain subsides for the most part, and you kinda get used to it

• Informative