• Yes

Votes: 34 58.6%
  • No

Votes: 24 41.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
UninformedLover

UninformedLover

If you see me active on here...its gotten worse...
Nov 12, 2019
I've only experienced this once with a girl I went to highschool with. It was such a magical feeling. Even though we weren't officially dating (she had a bf who I don't even think was real) we shared so many intimate moments.

I loved her quite dearly (and surprisingly she like me too.) and I still do. But it had seemed we were nothing more that star-crossed lovers. Ultimately we stopped being friends due to my own stupidit and our relationship was never the same even though I apologized. I will forever be heartbroken. I can not get over her.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Luchs, Circles, SawItOnce and 3 others
W

wendydong1

Experienced
Jul 31, 2019
yes. but i wish i never were

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: azucaramargo, lizinha, Enabran255 and 4 others
F

Flora1

Nov 23, 2019
I thought I had been maybe 4 times before.. but I'm getting so cynical thinking what even is love anyway? Familiarity and affection with a sprinkling of lust if you're lucky. Now I look back and realise what I thought was love was more like obsession/ sexual chemistry. True love is what a mother feels for their child.

Reactions: Astral316, Circles and UninformedLover
snowman626

snowman626

Mage
Jan 28, 2019
im a 33 yr old virgin who never had a gf, never been on a date, never fallen in love and probably never will but want to real bad, but too damaged to form any real relationships. i hope there is an afterlife where dreams become real and i get to live my dreams of dating, having sex, and all the things i never did in this life

• Love
Reactions: Astral316, NordNihilist, Enabran255 and 3 others
seekingoblivion

seekingoblivion

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
I don't think so. I've had a strong ass crush before but that's it.

Reactions: azucaramargo, Astral316, Circles and 1 other person
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I think I've attached to people because of sex but I've never actually been in love. I think love is when u really know each other and there is no question about the commitment to each other. It is not a feeling since the short lived being in love feeling fades after 18 months with the other person and what actually matters is your compatibility, ability to compromise and resolve conflict in the relationship. I missed out on love in part because I was not educated about choosing a man correctly or how to navigate relationships with men. Women have a relatively short window to get this right otherwise we miss out completely.

Last edited:
Reactions: azucaramargo and Circles
Woodnote

Woodnote

Goodbye
Oct 23, 2019
No. I've never been in a relationship.

I met a boy online when I was younger. We talked everyday for years. I didn't have any real friends. He was all I had. We said we'd meet each other in person when we're older and that we'd be together after that. So I waited for him. For years. But turns out.. he didn't wait for me. He lied the whole time and was seeing other girls.

I wouldn't say I was in love but that was the closest I've ever been.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Cold, Astral316, lizinha and 3 others
angele

angele

gay trans man (he/him)
Nov 20, 2019
Yeah, I wish I hadn't.

It was like getting a taste of a happy life that I knew deep down I would never have.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: azucaramargo, noctiva, OreoWellington and 4 others
U

Unsurebaker

Nov 24, 2019
I was in love with my husband. I really thought he could make me happy.
Then he told me his fantasies. They are the completely the opposite of what I thought was shared beliefs. Thought I could make him happy, and pretend. Wasn't enough he wanted it not only real for our relationship but for the world. Felt disgusted.
Realized all he did was lie during our entire time together. He also tried to cheat. Today he said he wouldn't open his phone to me because he is sad I don't accept his fantasy. But what about my happiness. So the suicidal tendencies that I had most of my life are back with a vengeance. I really hate myself for how I look and act.
Love used to be real, but I learned I don't even deserve a good life with my soul mate. He really is and it makes me even sadder I fell out of love with him.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Brink, azucaramargo, Circles and 1 other person
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I'm still in love, with a woman who no longer loves me. 13 years of marriage and two sons. She's my true soulmate and always will be. Maybe one day before I die I'll see her again, hold her again, hear her voice again.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: azucaramargo, OreoWellington, noctiva and 1 other person
Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
Yes and it was a horrific mistake, she turned out to be a sociopath and controlling af. In fact, that's why I'm here, she was the most evil fucking person I had ever met, zero empathy and I literally mean zero. There were times she was nice but those were overshadowed by her sociopathic ways, I'm a fucking retard for not ending it at the start when red flags started popping up all over the place...fuck!!!!
Peace/hugs

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Meretlein, Brick In The Wall and UninformedLover
sadgirl2002

sadgirl2002

Fallen Angel
Apr 9, 2019
Yes, I still am and I, forever will be. I can only hope that he will come back one day and realise that I'm the only one for him.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Meretlein and Worthless_nobody
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
Yes I still am. I wish it never happened because he just discarded me in the end...yet I still want him back.

• Love
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: OreoWellington, Meretlein and sadgirl2002
E

eSpJon

Oct 17, 2019
Yes, but it didn't work out because I was too passive and not enough good looking. Eventually I grew into my looks and became more self centered and had a few girls take interest and approach me so I went with the ride despite not feeling much but that's because I've been numb to life since I can remember and to me getting a gf was more interesting than actually having a gf

• Hugs
Reactions: Meretlein and UninformedLover
MourningHeart

MourningHeart

Oct 26, 2019
Yes, deeply - i still am and will ever be. I married her. To imagine a world without love... whats the purpose of life then? Its the greatest feeling of all, for those who can feel real, deep unconditional love, not just short-termed superficial fake affections. True love never ends - how could it? But it hurts like hell if it is taken away from you.

I am deeply sorry for all those broken and suffering hearts out there, who found their true love just to lose it again, that is something which should never had happened. :heart:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: OreoWellington, Meretlein, UninformedLover and 2 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Perhaps when I was a young teenager in high school. Then again, maybe it really isn't real love, but just puberty setting in, hormones going wild, and then mostly lust during that time. I'd say I've grown cold and heart has been more guarded/hardened during my college years. I simply just don't have the "romantic" feelings for any particular person most of my life. I don't really think "true romance" really exists, but that's another topic for another time.

Reactions: UninformedLover and Meretlein
Sans

Sans

Protesting the conditions of an inhumane world
Oct 2, 2019
I've had feelings for so many different girls, but not a single one had ever even like me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Woodnote and Meretlein
Detour

Detour

Detour Ahead
Oct 25, 2019
I always stopped myself from getting to close to girls I really liked because I was uncomfortable asf with my body. I always thought they wouldn't like me for who I was, and would leave me for someone better. I fucked up by never giving it a chance. Maybe I wouldn't even be on this site who knows

• Hugs
Reactions: Meretlein
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
No. I don't get romantic feelings for anyone.

Perhaps when I was a young teenager in high school. Then again, maybe it really isn't real love, but just puberty setting in, hormones going wild, and then mostly lust during that time. I'd say I've grown cold and heart has been more guarded/hardened during my college years. I simply just don't have the "romantic" feelings for any particular person most of my life. I don't really think "true romance" really exists, but that's another topic for another time.

Romance is just a rush of chemicals in someone's brain. It's as real as happiness, anger, or platonic bonds. Being chemical and conditional doesn't make something less real. Maybe it makes it less magical to some people.

OreoWellington

OreoWellington

Ready To Die
Sep 28, 2019
No. I don't get romantic feelings for anyone.

Lucky. Ideally, I wish I didn't have feelings at all either. I've always said I wish I could be an aromantic asexual.

Reactions: UninformedLover and Meretlein
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
Lucky. Ideally, I wish I didn't have feelings at all either. I've always said I wish I could be an aromantic asexual.

The one drawback is feeling out of place since 99.80 percent of people experience some sort of romantic and/or sexual attraction to people. Romantic love and sex seem to be what most people strive for in their lives. I had a friend tell me that if I changed, I would feel like I was seeing the world in color for the first time. It's a bit like being born without the ability to taste sugar. You're probably much healthier but you're also going to be missing out on a lot of pleasure.

Personally, I wouldn't choose to change but i'm not sure if we have an advantage over most people.

Reactions: UninformedLover and Skathon
hypatia

hypatia

Nov 26, 2019
I thought I was at the time but looking back I realised I was just addicted to their attention as my only source of dopamine.

• Love
Reactions: UninformedLover
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Twice. I loved it and hated it in equal measure. To need someone that much, to hurt when you are not with them. After my second heartbreak I closed myself off to feeling like that again.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: UninformedLover, azucaramargo, OreoWellington and 1 other person