• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Steff

Steff

Jun 21, 2024
I've been forcefully admitted to 3 different hospitals. First time when I was 11 y/o.

Last time, it was something like a prison-hospital.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: ToMoveOn, Hotsackage, DefinitelyReady and 1 other person
RoseGarden

RoseGarden

Alone & Unloved
Apr 10, 2024
nope. i work in a similar field so I know how to avoid hospitalization

Reactions: ToMoveOn and Steff
Upvote 0
fadedroses

fadedroses

I want to fly away from here
Nov 10, 2022
Yeah, a few times at different ones. One mental hospital I went to had horrible nurses who booty juiced everyone for everything, so everyone was drugged up all the time it was freaky, patients moving like zombies. The other one was really fancy and had a cafeteria with soda machines and bowling and a gym, but the bill ended up being like $30000 if you didn't have insurance... I wonder how that would not make someone who attempted suicide more suicidal.

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: ToMoveOn, Hotsackage, Mäximum and 1 other person
Upvote 0
Infinite Solipsist

Infinite Solipsist

Jun 20, 2024
Yeah, a few times at different ones. One mental hospital I went to had horrible nurses who booty juiced everyone for everything, so everyone was drugged up all the time it was freaky, patients moving like zombies. The other one was really fancy and had a cafeteria with soda machines and bowling and a gym, but the bill ended up being like $30000 if you didn't have insurance... I wonder how that would not make someone who attempted suicide more suicidal.
The saying goes that you can't squeeze blood from a lemon. I have nothing they could take from me. The last time I went to a psych ward (when I still had insurance), I never even bothered paying the copay. Medical debts aren't as heavily weighed when determining credit scores anyways. Fuck them.

• Love
Reactions: ToMoveOn, DeIetedUser4739, Steff and 2 others
Upvote 1
D

Daryl72

Student
Mar 12, 2024
Yes, I've been in a few over the years. I'm 51 and feel that I would be admitted any time due to how suicidal I've been feeling. I've actually told the crisis workers that came where I've been feeling like ending it all, so I'm surprised I wasn't forced to go to the ER a few nights ago. Regardless the few I've been in weren't terrible, I just didn't feel like other than getting some anxiety meds, that i really got much help. Now with all the social workers that are in staff, maybe that would be different.

Upvote 0
K-β

K-β

endlessly roaming across cyberspace
Mar 12, 2024
just once, a psychiatric emergency room for several hours. i was almost completely dissociated the entire time anyways.

• Hugs
Reactions: ToMoveOn
Upvote 0
touyathecat

touyathecat

Please let me go
Jun 23, 2024
yes, i lied my way out of one and then ended up going to two at separate times due to different attempts. it was at the same hospital, and it was a better off one compared to the one i almost went to, but it was still hell

Upvote 0
B

BardBarrie

Experienced
Mar 17, 2024
Twice. One stay for about a week, the other for just under a month.
Same hospital.
It was unusual but alright, all things considered.

Upvote 0
F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
No hospital, I did get shipped off to "hell camp" when I was a kid. All in the name of mental health.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: ToMoveOn and DeIetedUser4739
Upvote 0
G

Gone soon

Jun 11, 2024
Yes, after my failed attempt to hang myself when I was 14. I was hospitalised for three months and it didn't help

• Hugs
Upvote 0
D

Daryl72

Student
Mar 12, 2024
The saying goes that you can't squeeze blood from a lemon. I have nothing they could take from me. The last time I went to a psych ward (when I still had insurance), I never even bothered paying the copay. Medical debts aren't as heavily weighed when determining credit scores anyways. Fuck them.
Right there with you, fuck em when your so far gone and you have nothing left I'm not going to suffer about a medical bill.

Reactions: permanently tired, ToMoveOn, DeIetedUser4739 and 1 other person
Upvote 0
catoid

catoid

Jul 25, 2022
only once when i was 17 (im 20 now). i try hard to hide my ods and mental problems but i had one od that resulted in me puking for hours straight so i called an ambulance to make it stop. got sent to a ward for a week and nothing changed

Upvote 0
Steff

Steff

Jun 21, 2024
Btw, I never had a positive experience. A year ago was absolute hell.

Plus I live in Southeast Europe where it's hard to find a proper mental hospital.

Upvote 0
purplegrape8

purplegrape8

Jun 23, 2024
yes i have once. i went to the ER because i was having a psychosis episode and they sedated me and transferred me to a psych hospital. i had no idea how i ended up there and thought i was put into area 51. they gave me meds and i snapped out of it. it wasn't too bad in there, if anything it was sort of comforting besides being around a couple crazy patients. all we did was sit around, watch tv, and eat snacks

Upvote 0
T

tankapi

May 19, 2024
I was stuck in ER psych ward for 3 days. It could have been worse, I suppose.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
N

noname27

May 21, 2024
Yeah, I was in there for a week after a failed attempt. It wasn't that bad honestly. The worst thing I had experienced was someone had drawn an evil clown holding a knife on the bathroom door.

Upvote 0
snowbird

snowbird

Jun 17, 2024
I've only ever been once as a visitor when I was 16 - it was a strange experience.
I was in boarding school back then and my best friend staged to CTB because they wanted a few free days from school (don't ask...)
Well, it worked. They thought their flimsy attempt of swallowing a handful of sleeping pills was a cry for help and the hospital stuff then forwarded my friend to the closed youth psych ward, where they wanted to keep an eye on them for at least a week.
I remember after 3 days I was allowed to visit, in the company of a teacher from school.

It was all so strange, similar to a prison what you see on TV shows. With bars in front of the windows and every hallway had locked doors that could only be opened by staff.
We were lead into the visitor room where there was only a table and 4 chairs, nothing else.
My friend was then brought to us and we wanted to hug but a member of staff immediately said "no physical contact!"
We were allowed to speak for 10min, then had to leave. I remember I cried on our way back, thinking I need a plan to rescue my friend if they don't let them leave after the week. Luckily they were allowed to go after the 7 days.

Upvote 0