N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I don't have much sophisticated to say about the topic. I am anxious people could blackmail me under certain circumstances. I think my first intuition would be to go onto the offense and throw some dirt at the other person. I am a principled person. And people who blackmail other people want to take advantage of their weaknesses. When someone tried to blackmail me I would try to be stronger and say I don't let that happen. Though practically it depends on the consequences.
I try to surround me only with trustworthy people. I am paranoid about people when I feel like I cannot trust them. I have made some bad experiences with humans and I am more careful since. I try to be independent but this is often not possible.

In some sense my dad is blackmailing me. When I talked about my wish to die he threatened me to stop giving me money in case I contacted an assisted suicide organization. I am in desperate need of that money
I find that pretty ingorant. Though my dad in general is an extremely ignorant person. People like him are the reason why this world is so unfair. Always scapegoating people who are already victims of injustice etc.

I could make another rant about my ignorant dad but i have told this story so often. I try to circumvent certain topics when I talk to him so that his ignorance does not annoy me further. He really is really so stupid, ignorant. I am not sure whether his cognitive state or ignorance is responsible for the following. He seemingly forgets most of the things that I tell him which could be the uncomfortable truths. I am shocked about his congitive decline. This seemingly can happen if one does not treat depression properly. I am so envious that he can work and I can't. It must be a gift being unable to shield yourself of everything that might be uncomfortable for you. I have met some people like that. With a huge ego, disgusting world view. Called everyone except them losers and when people treated them badly they felt like the victim of injustice. Honestly some of them disgust me. I think many of them are lonely because they treat other people badly or they offend other people with their takes too much.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Ghost
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
No I've not been blackmailed I don't think. Maybe a little bit of emotional blackmail from my partner, she can't handle that I might CTB some time and doesn't handle it well. Sorry about your dad and your situation, it sucks! Sorry you're suffering ❤️

• Hugs
N

never mind me

Student
Nov 7, 2022
Yes, my mother tried to blackmail me once. When I went to college there was a fund that provided financiel support for students with low income. However, apart from your own income the eligibilty for this program also depended on the income of your parents. So my parents needed to fill a form declaring their income for me to get the financial support I needed to continue college. As I had at this point refused for several years to visit my parents and even refused to talk to my father on the phone and my mother thought that she had the right to force me into being nice to her, because I am her daughter she told me that she wouldn't fill out the form unless I visited her and my father and would have a "normal" relationship with them. Of course I refused. Luckily it had no bad consequences for me. I told the people occupied with the program that I had asked my mother to declare her income and that she had refused to do so and then I had to sign a piece of paper stating exactly that and with this people checking my eligibilty for the program were able to find out what they needed to know about my mother's income by checking how much income tax she had paid. In the end I got the money I needed.
Obviously the whole thing only made me more determined to not see my parents ever again, although it wasn't completely unexpected as I had known before that my parents were not to be trusted.

I can certainly relate to your fears of being blackmailed. I try not to give people information that they can use against me unless I'm sure I can trust them. So trying to only surround yourself with trustworthy people seems a very reasonable thing in my opinion. But I also think that it makes one very lonely, if one is too paraoind about people taking advantage of you. At least it was like that for me for a long time.

Last edited:
  • Hugs