Oyoy

Oyoy

Spatula
Feb 2, 2020
I went to alanon for my addicted parent as a 8 year old. It was one of the more awkward experiences.

• Hugs
Reactions: K-O, Yomyom, Sensei and 2 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I've spent time in both programs and they're very similar. They have the benefit of building relationships with like minded individuals. I've met some good people that would go out on a limb for you.

I personally didn't gain much else from these types of groups. I'm not saying they're a waste of time though as some people get more out of them then I did. I found the whole higher power aspect to be a bit cultish at times. There's also addiction based groups without the higher power dynamic if it's off putting.

• Love
Reactions: Sensei and Oyoy
Oyoy

Oyoy

Spatula
Feb 2, 2020
It was a vulnerable setting for me I went to AA and I was offered to relapse upon arrival . I moved to Philly to get away from drugs in the Midwest. It was actually easier to obstain naturally from drugs where there was less of an illusion of innocence. Also Philly had a lot of art.

Last edited:
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Yea I was going to them. Then I had to move to a tiny town. I think this might be the end for me out here. I'm basically trapped. The meetings are helpful.

• Love
Reactions: Oyoy