Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
I just found this in an elevator, which makes me a little concerned.
Acensor
The graffiti reads "Get out! Fucking Venezuelans"

• Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Manaaja and 5 others
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
Ever since these weird spikey lobsters won at Abraham's Plains, we maple baguettes have been treated like shit for pretty much every reason ever.
resize

• Yay!
Reactions: GrumpyFrog and WrongPlaceWrongTime
bad luck

bad luck

Memento mori
Mar 2, 2021
Spain? I find it very inappropriate. I know Venezuelan immigrants and they are people mistreated by their government. It occurs to me that it may be because "Podemos", a leftist political party that governs in coalition with the PSOE, has some communists as its political reference. I can think of no other reason. I'm sorry.

Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
Yeah, a lot. I have lived my entire life as a minority and immigrant. People suck

• Aww..
Reactions: Manaaja and WrongPlaceWrongTime
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Never. Just hate when I cross borders and most border agents look at my passport and say I love Ronaldo. I'm like whatever.
I just found this in an elevator, which makes me a little concerned.
View attachment 86724
The graffiti reads "Get out! Fucking Venezuelans"
So sad to see racism in 2022. Don't listen to them, that's exactly what they want to upset someone. What a shame….

Reactions: notaboutangels and WrongPlaceWrongTime
Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
Never. Just hate when I cross borders and most border agents look at my passport and say I love Ronaldo. I'm like whatever.

So sad to see racism in 2022. Don't listen to them, that's exactly what they want to upset someone. What a shame….
What worries me the most is that 2 Venezuelan girls live in the apartment below, I'm worried that someone will hurt them, they are an easy target, I just talked to them

• Aww..
Reactions: Sherri and WrongPlaceWrongTime
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
What worries me the most is that 2 Venezuelan girls live in the apartment below, I'm worried that someone will hurt them, they are an easy target, I just talked to them
You girls take good care of each other. So that was actually on a elevator you took, speechless. Latinos are so hard working, that's sad to see. Hugs sweetie. Be strong.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Manaaja and Judah
deleted

deleted

Wizard
Jul 31, 2020
I grew up listening to Argentines calling us monkeys but now that their economy has crashed they are making mass immigration to my country, I try to take it as a joke of black humor and not care too much

• Aww..
Reactions: Crazy4u and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I've experienced a little bit of this and it's pretty scary. It contributed to my reluctance to leave the house. It's a result of people wanting to adopt a simplistic world view and scapegoat some outgroup for the fact that they are unhappy. Apparently we still haven't outgrown this as a society. Hope you stay safe.

• Aww..
Reactions: Crazy4u
Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019
It is really weird and petty and I probably shouldn't feel bad about this, but I've had immigrants make fun of me for being Austrian, but idk, I'm in the majority so it is pretty stupid that I feel attacked by a minority.
I've experienced a little bit of this and it's pretty scary. It contributed to my reluctance to leave the house. It's a result of people wanting to adopt a simplistic world view and scapegoat some outgroup for the fact that they are unhappy. Apparently we still haven't outgrown this as a society. Hope you stay safe.
We probably never will. Humanity developed as a bunch of tribes and that tribe eay of thinking is so deep inside our brains and cultures and society that it'll probably never go away unless we brainwash everyone.

Reactions: Un- and WrongPlaceWrongTime
Somber

Somber

Arcanist
Jan 6, 2022
Divide & conquer.

The easiest way to manipulate people into acting against their own best interests is to scapegoat a minority and provide simplistic solutions to complicated problems.

My tribe is better than yours.

Reactions: GrumpyFrog and WrongPlaceWrongTime
Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
Everyone hates Americans and trashes us all the time but then proceeds to drool over how great we are in other ways within the same breath. Even most Americans. Probably the nationality which evokes the most strangely mixed yet emphatic reactions in people. Also one of the only nationalities that everyone in the world thinks they understand better than the people of that nationality themselves. I haven't really travelled outside my country enough to be able to say I've faced discrimination though. As for race/ethnicity, that's another discussion.