N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
When I was a little boy I was addicted to watching TV. I watched a lot of bullshit. I also watched trash content things I would cringe about nowadays. I am glad I quitted that.

Though this TV addiction was replaced by an internet/youtube addiction. I am way more satisfied with that. On youtube there is a lot of high-quality content also for educational purpose. There are some shows produced for TV which I stream online. I watch some news shows (daily), some comedy formats (though I have more and more doubts about them), sometimes interesting documentaries, seldom animes. Though I don't have any TV reception anymore. And I don't miss it. On the internet you are not dependent on linear broadcasting. I mean with that you can watch content whenever/whereever you want. That's a huge benefit for me.

I can't really imagine that my internet addiction gets replaced by another addiction. Maybe a metaverse addiction. Lol. But I doubt that.

How was your TV cosumption affected by the internet? How much do you watch daily? Except of animes I don't watch fictional stories anymore. I quitted TV series they made me depressed and could not distract me anymore. They feel for me too artificial. I think the only reason I am still watching animes because they shaped my childhood.

Reactions: Fragile, 710, Lost Magic and 2 others
U

unimaginativelamp

Apr 9, 2022
Same. As a kid, I watching a disgusting amount of TV. Now, I watch a disgusting amount of Youtube.

But SciShow lets me pretend I'm smart, so that's nice.

• Yay!
Reactions: archipelago
V

Vyking

Apr 15, 2022
As a child I watched TV because I had nothing else to do. As an adult I know it is just a propaganda box, there is no valuable information on it, so I don't even own a TV anymore.

Reactions: demuic and Famous Last Words
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
I always liked to watch TV and I still do. With the depression I started watching TV on mute, don't know why.

• Wow
Reactions: whatevs
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I still watch the TV, but it is only as a way to pass the time. I do not enjoy it at all, and I struggle to concentrate. I do not have that much interest in the programmes I watch. My days really are so long. I think the TV can be quite boring as well. I have family members who would happily spend the rest of their lives watching boring TV all day. I could never do that. There is nothing enjoyable about living at all. For me it is just trying to distract myself until I die.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic and GentleJerk
G

Gordy99

Student
Jan 7, 2022
I always liked to watch TV and I still do. With the depression I started watching TV on mute, don't know why.

I also watch TV on mute a lot. Never really figured it out. Even if I turn up the volume it's usually very low. Always been a habit of mine.

Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood
sorrynormal

sorrynormal

Apr 13, 2022
I only watch the boil down clips on youtube, usually news shows. TV is outdated.

Reactions: Lost Magic
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
I also watch TV on mute a lot. Never really figured it out. Even if I turn up the volume it's usually very low. Always been a habit of mine.
Interesting. I, too, have always listened to the TV softly but now I can't even seem to tolerate that anymore. I prefer silence.

Spiritual survivor

Spiritual survivor

A born again but occasionally suicidal
Feb 13, 2022
I don't own a tv. I don't want to watch programming that causes me harm consciously or unconsciously.

Insomniac

Insomniac

𝔄 𝔲 𝔱 𝔦 𝔰 𝔪
May 21, 2021
I only use a TV for the Internet (netflix, Hulu, hbo etc).
otherwise I don't have an abonnement to any tv chanel.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Unfortunately no. I have my TV on constantly just to have some type of "noise" in my house since I live alone. And I think the worst part about having to do that is being inundated by the relentless, terrorizing, fifty-times-a day, ad-campaign by the Medicare Coverage Helpline, and specifically, the Jimmy Walker ones. That alone, without even taking into account my other reasons for needing to ctb soon, is just about enough to do it, at least for me. I will not be missing them when go, unless I end up in a place where all they do is play those commercials, over and over and over, for infinity. Man, I hope that doesn't happen.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
I hate commercials. I don't know how anyone can suffer through the same commercials over and over again. It's quite bullshit. I always have an adblocker on online. Most media live TV does not appeal to me as they usually try to appeal to the widest possible audience which means they rarely do anything interesting.

Reactions: Fragile and Message In A Bottle
Message In A Bottle

Message In A Bottle

đź“ś Just me, myself, and I
Apr 1, 2022
I wouldn't have it at all if I could - All TV is good for is controlling how you think, believe, and feel. Along with putting little pieces of propaganda here and there. I am smart enough now to notice, but It's still malevolent noise to listen to - so I'll usually try to distract myself with something else.

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Same. I haven't watched tv in years. I am a youtube addict myself.

Dec 19, 2021
I stopped watching TV a couple of years ago. I used to watch the news everyday, however, it just seems like a lot of propaganda now. I just watch a lot of you tube videos and get my news from various websites.

S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Just waiting for The Boys new season to start on Prime. But other than that, I rarely watch TV since I can't seem to keep focus on many TV shows or get bored quickly.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I was about to say that I only really watch shows I'm familiar with but that's not actually true since there are a few ongoing series now that I'm keeping up with though I don't think about them much. Right now the main ongoing series I'm watching are The Flash, Family Guy, The Proud Family reboot, and Moon Knight.

Reactions: Squiddy
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
I used to love watching TV as a kid where I would even record shows that I didn't want to miss. Nowadays it's rare that I watch TV as I end up starting a show and not finishing it thanks to my ADHD. To pass time, I mostly listen to music, browse through social media and search things

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc