suicidebabyseal

suicidebabyseal

Nothingness just lasts a second
Jun 5, 2020
I have the problem that any time I start to study some career, I left it unfinished because it feels like I don't belong in them. I start having suicidal thoughts and anguish about my future. I think I'm not fit for life so it makes me want to CTB anytime I'm about to quit.

I deal with depression a lot. I have been depressed since my teenage years and now I'm 25 and still have not found my way. I don't know how to bear with the feeling that I'm not fit for anything. I don't want to be a burden for my parents anymore.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Bct, _Minsk and GravityUtilizer
socrates

socrates

I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.
Dec 3, 2019
I can totally relate. I'm 25 too and I've basically been NEET my whole adult life. I've tried various means of making money, and I've looked at careers, but I feel like an invalid.

• Hugs
Reactions: suicidebabyseal and _Minsk
NorthernStar

NorthernStar

All that glitters is not gold
Jun 5, 2020
Most people aren't a perfect fit for any job. You find one hopefully that suits you enough to pay the rent and not dread showing up for every Monday. Even then you'll have bad days or weeks or even months at your job.

Also many people's careers change trajectory drastically throughout their lives. Circumstances and also your own preferences will contribute to this. You change throughout your life so your work will too.

I'm 47 and I still feel like I don't know what I'm doing. This is normal.

One last thing, you're probably pretty decent at a fair few things. Most people are. In fact, I can't think of anyone I've ever known who wasn't. But the learning of a skill requires being out of your comfort zone. I used to get terrible design block on top of it and just constantly imagined being judged before I had even created anything. You know what helped me? CBT and Lexapro. I can't recommend them enough.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Bct, suicidebabyseal and _Minsk
RestingGirl23

RestingGirl23

Nov 2, 2019
I sympathize with how you are feeling as well. I am studying a career, but sometimes I feel like its a drag and I wish I could do something creative. However, I know that I'm not the creative type in the long-term so I'm stuck with what I am doing for now. I think no matter what age you are or your circumstances, most people don't know what they are doing. Also, I know it sounds cheesy but there's been lots of people who become successful later on in life. Maybe you still need to do some more soul searching to find your passion?

• Love
Reactions: suicidebabyseal, _Minsk and NorthernStar
Bct

Bct

Disqualified from Being Human
Apr 20, 2020
I can relate with you. I am 26 and have tried 4 careers and try to built 1 tiny business, yet all but one ended horribly. I could survive at 1 job for around 1 and a half year just because I was moved to a more supportive team, but that still involved a lot of anxiety & mental health issues. I don't think I'm suitable to any job.

• Love
Reactions: suicidebabyseal
I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
I completely empathize with you . I am in the same boat even at the age if 40

• Hugs
Reactions: suicidebabyseal