Live Free or Die

Live Free or Die

A wise man can always be found alone.
Jan 12, 2022
I've lived alone for years. I have no friends and no family (that speaks to me). No pets, nothing to do. I only work, because I have to and would be homeless if I couldn't pay bills. I used to play videogames, but I've become so sad and depressed that I can no longer bring myself to play them. I've been in bed the past week every second I'm not working. I have the tv on just as a way of artificially living. Since I can get lost in a show and almost feel like I'm there. Does anyone else use tv as an artificial means of "living"‽

Reactions: TooConscious, LastFlowers and 𖣴 nadia 𖣴
KTbear

KTbear

This Be The Verse
Dec 15, 2021
I've lived alone for years. I have no friends and no family (that speaks to me). No pets, nothing to do. I only work, because I have to and would be homeless if I couldn't pay bills. I used to play videogames, but I've become so sad and depressed that I can no longer bring myself to play them. I've been in bed the past week every second I'm not working. I have the tv on just as a way of artificially living. Since I can get lost in a show and almost feel like I'm there. Does anyone else use tv as an artificial means of "living"‽
I definitely do (well just streaming services, so no cable or dish). Righteous Gemstones on HBO Max is good if you can overlook at least one shot of a dick in every episode.

Samsal112

Samsal112

Student
Dec 20, 2021
Superstore kept me entertained. I enjoyed Lovecraft Country and for some reason the Big Bang Theory helped me forget how sad I am. If you're older and a millennial, Pen15 was hilarious and nostalgic of a time when I didn't know what it meant to want to kill myself.

Reactions: Live Free or Die
Live Free or Die

Live Free or Die

A wise man can always be found alone.
Jan 12, 2022
I actually just finished super store today!! Loved the first few seasons. Was hard to get through the last 2 though. I've seen all the big bang theory. I love comedies, it's something I can have on that sometimes cheers me up or I don't have to pay attention and can catch a joke here and there.
Righteous Gemstones on HBO Max
Lovecraft Country
I'll have these check that out. Thank you for the suggestions.

Last edited:
Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I do not really enjoy anything, but watching TV can be a way to pass the time. That is all what life is, we are just passing the time until we eventually die. Life is very pointless. I do struggle to concentrate and there is not much I am interested in anyway. However I did like watching anime a few years ago, the series Death Parade and Black Butler were my favourites. I did watch the show How I met your mother last year and despite not liking comedy, I did like the show. I wish you the best.

• Hugs
Reactions: Live Free or Die and LastFlowers
lostautist

lostautist

wandering
Jan 12, 2022
What shows are your favorite? It's easier to recommend if share what you've enjoyed/

I really like educational audiobooks and scientific lectures and interviews a lot.

Arcane and The Witcher have been pretty good.

𖣴 nadia 𖣴

𖣴 nadia 𖣴

...member...
Dec 15, 2021
I know this is old, but one of my all-time favourite comedies is The Office. You've probably already seen it?

A more recent comedy I enjoyed is Back to Life on BBC.

Last edited:
B

bleeeeeep

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
Jan 5, 2022
i usually watch cartoons - mindless but can be a good distraction. bob's burgers is my go-to but i recently discovered all the shows i used to watch as a child on disney+ so i've been going through kim possible :)

i think the childishness makes it more palatable to my brain because i usually do not feel like processing a long story/plots/lore etc. though i make an exception for derry girls, it's quite funny

StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
TV, video games, and youtube. 'Artificial means of living' is a good way of describing how I use those things. They're not very fulfilling but they make great distractions. I have a lot of shows that I like but at the very top of that list is The Sopranos, it honestly might be the greatest piece of fiction ever imo.

StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
Crackle, TubiTV, Peacock, YouTube, Plutotv

grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
I've watched recently anime Neon Genesis Evangelion. Generally I don't watch anime but this series really made an impression on me. It has many deep psychological threads. I think it's a good recommendation.

Reactions: Live Free or Die and LastFlowers
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Ricky Gervais' "After Life" TV series, which has now run for three seasons, speaks to me. Ricky plays a character who has lost his wife and is grieving her passing, and he's just waiting for death to take him. A bit dark humor is also thrown into the mix and makes Rick's portrayal all the more compelling.

Samsal112

Samsal112

Student
Dec 20, 2021
If you like Pixar like movies, Ron's Gone Wrong is really good. It made me tear up. Also, I really enjoyed Encanto.
If you like Pixar like movies, Ron's Gone Wrong is really good. It made me tear up. Also, I really enjoyed Encanto.

Kalebri

Kalebri

Slave
Dec 18, 2021
Try Ghibli movies, it's the only thing that i can remember at the moment.

T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
I used to be able to watch TV all day and it would take my mind off things. I don't know what happened but I'd guess it was having my benzos cut from my medication left me less able to concentrate but I also think the sitting and watching TV was keeping me here whilst getting weaker taking my mind away from how cruel and evil the world is. I could recommend shows all day, depending what you like? For example in this weather in my country uk for me me nothing bests s Scandinavian thriller like 'the bridge'
'peaky blinders' makes you want to cut everyone who harms you but you have to remember there's penalties in a world of cowardly snitches who do the crime then go running to the police informing on others for immunity and protection.

Westworld shows you how hideous human beings are and the future isn't looking good.