• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

SpiderMolt

SpiderMolt

Jun 10, 2024
Have any "strange" or uncommon phobias? What bothers you about it?

I deal with trichophobia, the fear of loose or detached hair, but it's not super serious. If I run my fingers through my hair and a few loose strands come out I usually get nauseous and my skin feels gross. I've thrown up quite a few times because of it. I can't even take a shower if there's hair sticking to the wall, so I usually get someone else to take it off for me. Idk why they usually agree lol. Getting my hair cut doesn't bother me much because being able to see the individual hairs is what bothers me. Random hair strands on my clothes also makes me feel gross, especially when it's not my hair.

That phobia seems kinda silly, but thankfully I don't have to deal with it often. It definitely doesn't effect me much, so that's good. I also really hate needles, but I wouldn't say I have an actual phobia.

• Hugs
Reactions: Saturn_ and annxietty
enduringwinter

enduringwinter

flower, water
Jun 20, 2024
Yeah hair and dirt and such gross me out, I hate cleaning. My low disgust tolerance is genuinely crippling. I do a lot of upkeep but still never wear my glasses at home to prevent gag reaction.

Last edited:
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Proud Normie
Sep 19, 2023
nicolas cage bees GIF

• Aww..
Reactions: annxietty
Fleki

Fleki

Machine Elf
Jul 7, 2024
My hair is down to my hips and I shed like a dog. We would NOT be able to inhabit the same space lol.

I do have this weird irrational fear about people reading my mind. I know it's impossible, but some part of me keeps believing that someone out there can hear me. Someone "reacting" to something I thought (read: coincidentally doing anything slightly awkward after I think something weird) is enough to put me off for at least the next couple of hours. I find myself yelling at people in my head pretty often to try and get another reaction out of them, just to prove to myself that they can't actually hear anything lol. It can be a little distressing but it doesn't typically manifest in physical symptoms, so it's no big deal.

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: mediocre, derpyderpins and annxietty
annxietty

annxietty

“Is there no way out of the mind?”
Mar 27, 2023
Oooh Ive known people with that same phobia, maybe not as extreme as you describe it tho, must be hard, having phobias of any type is hell, and its more difficult if its something you are exposed to daily like hair. I hope you are able to deal with it...

Im afraid of everything, and many things trigger me, Im agoraphobic for example, fortunately I can go outside, Im even working, but I have to prepare myself before exiting my house every time, Im not in control when Im outside and people are watching me... but the phobia that controls my life the most is one that makes me embarrassed ngl I have an extreme fear of needing to go to the bathroom and not being able to, my psychiatrist said it was very curious but I know many people suffer the same thing... its horrible and when you think you are over it, it comes back, sometimes I dont want to go outside and do things and I dont know if its because all my phobias or because I really dont want to do that specific thing, I dont even know who I am...

Of course all this has made me unable to have relationships of any kind, never had a partner, and its been ages since I had a friend... And it terrifies me, thinking about having relationships...

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Proud Normie
Sep 19, 2023
  • Yay!
Reactions: thebelljarrr and DefinitelyReady
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I do have this weird irrational fear about people reading my mind. I know it's impossible, but some part of me keeps believing that someone out there can hear me.
Ha, I also have this fear. Sometimes I try to clear my thoughts or think without using words or visuals as an attempt to keep people from reading my thoughts. I know that I'm just being paranoid but I can't help it. One minute, I'm not just daydreaming or thinking about something and then the next, I'm feeling embarrassed and scared that those around me are reading my thoughts.

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Life is definitely not a song...
Mar 14, 2024
Ha, I also have this fear. Sometimes I try to clear my thoughts or think without using words or visuals as an attempt to keep people from reading my thoughts. I know that I'm just being paranoid but I can't help it. One minute, I'm not just daydreaming or thinking about something and then the next, I'm feeling embarrassed and scared that those around me are reading my thoughts.
That's unexpected :/
Contamination. Like I get my eggs at the store with a produce bag. (It's so fun to scan them...) and it's even harder to use them. I don't touch that hand scanner at walmart. I have to grab it with a bag. I hate touching screens. I never let my items actually touch the scanner scan because it's gross. I could write a book about this stuff, no joke. I keep talking and I'll make you take on my same fears.

Others I can't even talk about.

Last edited:
lacrimosa

lacrimosa

Student
Jul 1, 2024
Other than the typical psychotic thoughts that people are watching/following/stalking me/trying to kill me...

I fear the ocean and deep and shallow water, hell, even lakes give me panic attacks ever since I watched Jaws.

I fear to discuss some of my other fears on here, fearing someone will do those things to me... lol

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
  • Hugs
Reactions: DefinitelyReady
Saturn_

Saturn_

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
Apr 22, 2024
I wouldn't really say that I'm scared of bugs, even spiders, but I'm fucking terrified of house centipedes specifically. After my dad started letting himself go and his house became run down and filthy, I'd see huge ones racing around at night when I'd go to the kitchen to get water or a snack or whatever. I would barricade the bottom part of my bedroom door with a towel to try and prevent them from getting in through that space. Didn't work. Once I turned around from my laptop and saw one inches behind my head, standing on a window curtain. Another time I walked into my room and saw one racing towards my feet. I would stay up until morning and fucked up my sleep schedule because I knew they were nocturnal and I was terrified of the thought of them crawling on me in my sleep. I really tried to help my dad get the house back in shape but he just wouldn't help himself. There are so many other reasons I moved out, but that by itself was still really distressing.

• Aww..
Reactions: DefinitelyReady
Arachno

Arachno

oh no :(
Apr 10, 2023
I have a phobia of dogs, it used to be especially bad when I was younger, literally no one around me could understand why would I be afraid of dogs, so that didn't really help with my phobia. I had a few unpleasant incidents with dogs through my life but I was never be bitten by one fortunately.

I also have a medical fear, fear of things like hospitals, doctors, getting pathological health issues and medical procedures, surgeries especially, I never had to go through any type of surgery in my life and I sure never want to.

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Life is definitely not a song...
Mar 14, 2024
I have a phobia of dogs, it used to be especially bad when I was younger, literally no one around me could understand why would I be afraid of dogs, so that didn't really help with my phobia. I had a few unpleasant incidents with dogs through my life but I was never be bitten by one fortunately.

I also have a medical fear, fear of things like hospitals, doctors, getting pathological health issues and medical procedures, surgeries especially, I never had to go through any type of surgery in my life and I sure never want to.
My two girl dogs who hated each always had to be separated when I was little. Sad, both sweet great dogs. Don't why they couldn't get along... Anyway, somehow they both got out when it was only my older sibling and I home. They found each other and began fighting viciously😪 I don't know if I would've thought of a broom or hose even if it were handy, but I just wanted them apart so I used my hands. Naturally someone's tooth got my finger. It was a bleeder. 3 stitches. It was harder on my mom lol. She acted liked they ripped my arm off. Thankfully they were okay too. But maybe because I had always been around dogs and loved them, that I've still never been scared of them. They can't help it... Even a few years later my mom rescued this Alaskan husky looking dog, brought him home from wherever she found him. Then when she got home she told me, and we walked to the car because he wouldn't come out and was growling at her. I got him to come out. He was a sweety too. Still never became scared. Glad you're not scared.

Hospitals do carry a fair share of germs ironically. A lot of elderly get pneumonia or C. Diff during their hospital stays. During my wait for my surgery, I heard a lady say they sent this woman home because she had said she was coughing up green snot when she came in to get checked in for surgery. Um, so wtf was she even near any of us who were about to go into surgery. You have to take care of yourself even as people are trying to take care of you in hospitals; it's bs.

3/4Dead

3/4Dead

Peace, Love, Empathy
Feb 27, 2024
I'm agoraphobic but I don't think that's much of a strange one.
I have a little bit of trypophobia, it's not as bad as it was when I was younger but it sucks that nobody understands that I'm being serious and they'll try to trigger it as a joke and stuff.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'm afraid of butterflies and moths. I blame that one episode of SpongeBob. I first saw it on my 6th birthday and it made me scared to go out and get dinner on my birthday.

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: SpiderMolt and Saturn_
Saturn_

Saturn_

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
Apr 22, 2024
I'm afraid of butterflies and moths. I blame that one episode of SpongeBob. I first saw it on my 6th birthday and it made me scared to go out and get dinner on my birthday.
You may already know this, but that close-up wasn't even a butterfly at all. It was a horse fly.

• Wow
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
You may already know this, but that close-up wasn't even a butterfly at all. It was a horse fly.
I actually didn't know that, I did know that the sound wasn't a butterfly though. I was already terrified of most other winged insects too but some of them make more sense to be afraid of.

Reactions: Saturn_