W

wasteofspace22

Aug 20, 2022
I am medicated for bipolar currently with an antipsychotic and am gonna start taking an ssri soon. Curious if anyone has experience doing this and if it made them have more hope and not wanna commit suicide

Reactions: obafgkm
hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
Yes, for almost 2 years together with therapy. I then stopped because I did not see any improvement and they had side effect. Also the problem with antidepressant is that the cheered me up just to the point of making me able to make really poor life choices.

Reactions: Ashu, obafgkm and wasteofspace22
W

wasteofspace22

Aug 20, 2022
Yes, for almost 2 years together with therapy. I then stopped because I did not see any improvement and they had side effect. Also the problem with antidepressant is that the cheered me up just to the point of making me able to make really poor life choices.
Like what really poor life choices? If you don't mind sharing. I've also made very poor life choices

Reactions: Ashu and jodes2
hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
I lost my job due to poor post on social networks. When I was taking antidepressant I would create fake accounts to start post crap. Not sure if any of that was illegal and if it will catch up with me.

Reactions: Ashu and wasteofspace22
iiiinfinityyyy

iiiinfinityyyy

Aug 19, 2022
I started taking an SSRI a few months ago. It helped my depression but my anxiety is still bad. Though, from all my research online and from what my doctor told me, it's a hit-or-miss. There's no way of knowing if it'll help until you actually try it.

Reactions: Ashu and wasteofspace22
Degen

Degen

Aug 28, 2021
Started them like 2 days ago so not supposed to get side effects yet but I get chills rn and some nausea.

Reactions: wasteofspace22
L

Lookingtotalk

Sep 5, 2022
I am medicated for bipolar currently with an antipsychotic and am gonna start taking an ssri soon. Curious if anyone has experience doing this and if it made them have more hope and not wanna commit suicide
Totally, taken them all, thats why i am here after years of awful side effects tried to get off and now none of them work my brain and nervous system is fucked and i want to die, but they may work for you

Reactions: Ashu, Hollowman and wasteofspace22
jane

jane

death is not the end
Sep 5, 2022
when i was younger i was put on many many SSRIs and they only did damage. When i got older i tried it again and it did help but only for a wile. I also have other health issues that work against the meds though

W

wasteofspace22

Aug 20, 2022
when i was younger i was put on many many SSRIs and they only did damage. When i got older i tried it again and it did help but only for a wile. I also have other health issues that work against the meds though
In what ways did they do damage

Reactions: jodes2
L

Lookingtotalk

Sep 5, 2022
You know i did one smart thing, but then fucked it up, in high school i REFUSED to take any antidepressant medication, i got all the way to like summer before 12th grade and don't remember how but got on them, through like every day essentially shoving them in my face. luckily i took a super low dose and got off after a year relatively unscathed.

PROBLEM WAS 4 years later i fucked up and got back on them BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE. I had no clue at the time and psychiatrist was like "hey and lets add an antipsychotic to boost the ssri" how is there job fucking legal, i will never understand, that are worse than drug dealers and the shit they push is fucking GARBAGE

I did not understand what I was taking or how harmful what I was taking was, but i did once i ended up in the ER two years later with an afib episode and had to be cardioverted, i told them all it HAS to be the drug and all the psych say is 'it doesnt do that', like bro, yes it fucking does never had a heart issue before this med, and once i got off IT WENT AWAY, uurrgggghhh i hate these fucking doctors DAMMNIT

• Love
Reactions: Ashu, Lily (Osako), Hollowman and 2 others
W

wasteofspace22

Aug 20, 2022
You know i did one smart thing, but then fucked it up, in high school i REFUSED to take any antidepressant medication, i got all the way to like summer before 12th grade and don't remember how but got on them, through like every day essentially shoving them in my face. luckily i took a super low dose and got off after a year relatively unscathed.

PROBLEM WAS 4 years later i fucked up and got back on them BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE. I had no clue at the time and psychiatrist was like "hey and lets add an antipsychotic to boost the ssri" how is there job fucking legal, i will never understand, that are worse than drug dealers and the shit they push is fucking GARBAGE

I did not understand what I was taking or how harmful what I was taking was, but i did once i ended up in the ER two years later with an afib episode and had to be cardioverted, i told them all it HAS to be the drug and all the psych say is 'it doesnt do that', like bro, yes it fucking does never had a heart issue before this med, and once i got off IT WENT AWAY, uurrgggghhh i hate these fucking doctors DAMMNIT
Which med(s) so I can be aware for myself. I already ended up in hostpial over an allergic reaction to geodon but have since switched and I'm doing better, but bro I gotta take it for my bipolar

Reactions: jodes2
L

Lookingtotalk

Sep 5, 2022
Which med(s) so I can be aware for myself. I already ended up in hostpial over an allergic reaction to geodon but have since switched and I'm doing better, but bro I gotta take it for my bipolar
yeah take it, just dont stop it, im not a doctor i can only tell you so much

O

outatime_85

Warlock
May 17, 2022
No, I have not tried antidepressants, and the steps required are too expensive for me.

That said, even though antidepressants are not perfect and may have side effects or may not work for everyone, I think those who can get them should try them, as they may be of some help.

H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
I've tried at least 25 of them, what a dumbass I was, now I'm really fucked. They are a dangerous scam that should be outlawed.

Reactions: Ashu, Lily (Osako) and Skathon
Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
All major tranquilisers cause brain damage. They should only be taken in case of acute psychosis.

Lily (Osako)

Lily (Osako)

Everything all at once
Jul 30, 2022
I've been on them off and on since I was 13.
Currently on Prozac. It's doing nothing, but I have to play the game to get the help I need.

theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
I have taken for 7 years

Reactions: Lily (Osako) and jodes2
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
I've been on them off and on since I was 13.
Currently on Prozac. It's doing nothing, but I have to play the game to get the help I need.
The game could possibly make you much worse.

Reactions: Ashu and Lily (Osako)
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I've taken over 10 antidepressants over 25 years, none have done anything for me. SSRIs, SNRIs, plus others I think. The worst one was effexor (venlafaxine), I'm still having bad night sweats from it 20 years later

• Hugs
Reactions: wasteofspace22, Ashu and Lily (Osako)
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I've tried 4 medications
3 antipsychotics and buspar (off label anxiety). For my specific problems (bpd ect) I think meds could help me a lot but so far I only have 1 helping and I don't take it

hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
Well the messages I see here about anti depressants are not really encouraging. I think I did right to stop taking them by myself and pretending to still take them with the doctor. The issue is that he now prescribed another anti depressant called venlafaxina. Any experience with this? According to wikipedia is not really recommended in that it could increase the mortality due to suicide. This is hilarious.

Reactions: ColorlessTrees and Ashu
InjuredBrainGamer

InjuredBrainGamer

Sep 8, 2022
Look into lithium orotate for bipolar, I use it for that, it is better than lithium that is prescribed and it is a natural element.
I take microdose psilocybin mushrooms to help with depression they help a little, but I find that dark chocolate help more with my depression as they release a lot of dopamine and help with happiness.

Reactions: wasteofspace22 and Ashu
artificial_ineptness

artificial_ineptness

Nov 14, 2021
The thing that bothers me about threads like this is that there is a selection bias. I mean: the people who actually got better are less likely to hang out on a suicide forum and the people who didn't or got severe side effects would be more likely to end up here, so negative experiences are overrepresented. Anyway, whatever

I was on a handful of anti-depressants (citalopram, venlafaxine, venlafaxine + bupropion, venlafaxine + mirtazapine) around a year ago (for some 9 months). It was overall "ok": it somewhat helped with energy levels, motivation and concentration with no or ignorable side-effects.

Reactions: Jonbonesjones, Celerity, pikku.tiikeri and 3 others
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
I had experience with SSRI (fluoxetine and citalopram) and it helped after my previous attempts. I wouldn't exactly describe it as "made me have more hope", but it helped me feel more energetic and have a less clouded thinking, made it easier to focus. That kind of helped with hope, especially the fact I was able to think more clearly. Also when I got sad it was "normal sadness" not the overwhelming woe-is-me state when I would cry for hours over small things that happened before antidepressants.

Reactions: pikku.tiikeri and wasteofspace22
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
The results here will probably not be super encouraging given the particular sample of the population being surveyed. A lot of users would not be here if psychotropic medications worked for them. That said, add me to the list of those who had a horrible experience with them. Fluoxetine (Prozac) in particular nuked my brain and I am still recovering 6+ weeks later. Will definitely not try anything else after this. I hope you have a better result.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Lily (Osako), Celerity and 2 others
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Yes, I have tried multiple SSRIs, an SNRI (Bupropion/Wellbutrin), tricyclcic antidepressants, atypical psychotics, hypnotics (for sleep), and an anti-seizure med prescribed as a mood stabilizer.

Of these, I did not experience debilitating side effects until I upgraded to the atypical antipsychotics and the mood stabilizer. I had to quit both when my pdoc upped my dosages to therapeutic levels. I only take quetiapine occasionally for sleep and acute anxiety/manic symptoms now.

I will try lithium next despite the risks because why not at this point? I don't have much hope that it will do anything, but it is worth a try. My most recent pdoc diagnosed me with BP2 (Bipolar II). I had been treated under MDD (Major Depressive Disorder) and GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder) before that.

I don't believe any of these medications were remotely effective besides perhaps Bupropion, Quetiapine (<100 mg doses), and Ambien as a sleep med. YMMV, but I don't think the vast majority of the meds prescribed are worth the paper the side effects are printed on.
Look into lithium orotate for bipolar, I use it for that, it is better than lithium that is prescribed and it is a natural element.
I take microdose psilocybin mushrooms to help with depression they help a little, but I find that dark chocolate help more with my depression as they release a lot of dopamine and help with happiness.
How is lithium orotate any more natural than lithium carbonate? Taking lithium without bloodwork can also be dangerous. I am also wary of the naturalistic fallacy. Cyanide, after all, is perfectly natural.

P

paleperson

Sep 5, 2022
Diagnosis of ptsd & depression. I've been diagnosed with both multiple times but I do not really identify with the ptsd diagnosis. I'm 21 and have over a year of talk therapy spread across three different professionals. Medication wise through my life I have been on: zoloft, prozac, lexapro, wellbutrin, prazosin, cymbalta, seroquel, ativan and risperdal. I have also abused edibles and diphenhydramine. Both of the later helped but were habit forming for myself. If cost were not a factor I would start using both again.

S

Suicidе

Life is unacceptable
Sep 11, 2022
Have tried SSRIs (Lexapro, Zoloft, Risperidone) before for "psychotic" depression, symptoms reduced but essentially made it worse by disconnecting self from reality and becoming delusional by imitating other's behaviors and possibly also imitating what they might believe because of OCD,
After SSRI brainwash, tried to hold in PTSD fear from failed suicide attempt without benzos, and was success. Have also been on Stimulants and sleep meds a few times, but decided to quit because self couldn't see a reason to get attached to elevated levels of unnecessary comfort.
Brain is now sensitive to most psychoactive drugs. If it wasn't for those meds and lack of self control, then brain would not have worsened to the point of constant drowsiness and indecisiveness, along with memory worsening from sleep issues and concentration. Consciousness would already be long gone and there would be no pointless suffering.