hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
talking abt ur hyperfixations can be enjoyable/cathartic, & im genuinely curious abt what other ppl might be HF on.

for abt a year now i've been completely HF on a character that u prob know of, Satoru Gojo. this is my 1st type of hyperfixation of any kind, & i'm 100% consumed. i'm talking 1000+ fav'd vids of him on TT, editing pics to look like we're tg & posting them on legit all my socials, i'm even writing a story abt him that just hit 50+ pagesšŸ’€

i do the social media stuff kinda as a jokeyjoke, but @ the same time im completely serious. like that's my man. i just snorted @ myself after reading that, but @ the same time im serious. see what i mean?? lol. it's so confusing. this never happened to me when i was still seeing dr.s, & now i'm not, so i have no1 to explain HFs to me or answer any questions. it kinda feels like im going insane sometimes. lol.

also ik there's a Sukuna user on here, DNI!!! >:| jk lol. (but kinda serious)

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: LastLoveLetter
Namarupa

Namarupa

Student
Jan 24, 2024
I spent seven years or so collecting footage of and discussing oldschool J-Pop Idols. äø­ę£® ꘎菜 was my personal favourite.

• Love
Reactions: hikikomorizombie
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
I spent seven years or so collecting footage of and discussing oldschool J-Pop Idols. äø­ę£® ꘎菜 was my personal favourite.
omgggg J-Pop!!! not many ppl are into Japanese music. can u link ur top 3 fav J-pop songs??? :)

here are mine: .

Reactions: Namarupa
Namarupa

Namarupa

Student
Jan 24, 2024
Oh, Miki Matsubara! Reading that name unlocked many memories out of my rusty brain. I haven't listened to a lot of a J-Pop in the past few years, but I'll try and pick three songs that come to my mind:

A very pretty melancholy ballad. She was mostly known as an actress, if I'm not mistaken. Don't really understand the reason why, she had a very lovely voice.

The entire recording from which this song comes from is brilliant. The most daring I've seen a mainstream Idol of her caliber go.

Kind of cheating to pick anime songs, but it has since become such an integral part of the J-Pop canon that I'll feel free including it. I think this (Beautiful Dreamer) is also my preferred anime film ever, for unrelated reasons. I was already a gloomy suicidal guy at the time I first watched it, but it gave me some form of new perspective regarding my suffering. It's one of the reasons I've gotten interested in Eastern philosophy/esotericism

Last edited:
  • Love
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
Oh, Miki Matsubara! Reading that name unlocked many memories out of my rusty brain. I haven't listened to a lot of a J-Pop in the past few years, but I'll try and pick three songs that come to my mind:
tysm for taking the time to find 3 favs for me!!! :) i lovedddd Yuki's song. you're so right, her voice is beautiful. added it to my playlist as soon as it ended<3

• Hugs
Reactions: Namarupa
Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021
One of my short-term special interests I have hyperfixated on for 1.5 - 2 years is creating recipes for fruit popsicles, nut-based creamsicles, and nut-based fudgesicles. I have experimented with different nuts for the "cream" bases, different flavor combinations (e.g. fruits, nuts, maple syrup, spices, cocoa powder, rum extract, ect.), fun-shaped popsicle molds (dinosaurs, robots, zombies, rockets, and a few Disney/Pixar characters), and fun-shaped silicone molds (frogs, Star Wars themed, and human brains) to make creamsicle bites and fudgesicle bites.

Although my frozen treat recipe special interest has tapered down, I am currently hyperfocused on creating and perfecting certain pistachio-based creamsicle recipes. I have written fun recipes like ecto creamsicles, citrus slimesicles, pineapple slimesicles, Grinch nog creamsicles, banana Grinch nog creamsicles, and pineapple Grinch nog creamsicles. Previously, I successfully tested out the citrus slimesicles, which were inspired by Nickelodeon slime bars. They were made with dry-roasted pistachios, water, fresh navel oranges, pure maple syrup, fresh lemon juice, fresh lime juice, fresh lemon zest, pure vanilla extract, and fresh orange zest.

Now, I'm hoping to perfect my ecto creamsicle recipe. They were inspired by Hi-C Ecto Coolers. The ingredients for the ecto creamsicles are dry-roasted pistachios, water, fresh navel oranges, fresh tangerines, pure maple syrup, fresh lemon juice, fresh lemon zest, fresh orange zest, and pure vanilla extract. Unfortunately, tangerines aren't available where I live. So, I'll have to use Mandarin oranges as a substitute.

• Love
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
One of my short-term special interests I have hyperfixated on for 1.5 - 2 years is creating recipes for fruit popsicles, nut-based creamsicles, and nut-based fudgesicles. I have experimented with different nuts for the "cream" bases, different flavor combinations (e.g. fruits, nuts, maple syrup, spices, cocoa powder, rum extract, ect.)
wowwww ur hyperfixation is much more interesting than mine!!! lol. that sounds bomb. what's ur fav flavor you've created through ur recipe experimenting???

• Hugs
Reactions: Rogue Proxy
Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021
wowwww ur hyperfixation is much more interesting than mine!!! lol. that sounds bomb. what's ur fav flavor you've created through ur recipe experimenting???
Thank you so much! That's a very tough question. For fruit popsicles, my favorites include the cherry berry (roasted cherries, roasted blueberries, roasted strawberries, and water), raspberry grape (roasted red grapes, fresh raspberries, and water), strawberry peach, strawberry pineapple, fruit punchsicles (roasted pineapple, roasted red grapes, roasted cherries, roasted apple, water, and fresh lime juice), lemonade popsicles (roasted white grapes, water, fresh lemon juice, and fresh lemon zest), blueberry lemonade popsicles (roasted white grapes, roasted blueberries, water, fresh lemon juice, and fresh lemon zest), and cherry limeade (roasted white grapes, roasted cherries, water, fresh lime juice, and fresh lime zest).

My favorite creamsicle recipes I have tested out include cinnamon apple, lemon, chocolate lemon, sweet potato spice, orange, bananas foster, sweet potato chai, and sweet potato gingerbread rum.

So far for fudgesicles, I really loved the banana, blueberry, and cherry varieties. When I first made the cherry fudgesicle recipe, not only did the flavor combination of roasted cherries, cocoa, and dry-roasted pistachios shine, but also the recipe turned out great when I first froze the mixture into frog-shaped and Star Wars-shaped fudgesicle bites. One of the Star Wars-themed silicone molds was a 3-D mold of the Death Star.

• Love
D

Dutch1986

Jan 25, 2024
For me it's (web)comics including manga, there doesn't go a day bye that I don't read at least a few panels and I can easily spent of most of the day reading comics. So glad that thanks to internet I can do it for free

hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
For me it's (web)comics including manga, there doesn't go a day bye that I don't read at least a few panels and I can easily spent of most of the day reading comics. So glad that thanks to internet I can do it for free
oooo, what's ur fav manga?? have u read oyasumi punpun? it's like the holy grail for us mentally ill 4ever aloners, lol.

S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
My fixations are kind of on and off, there's also usually just a few things that I fixate on that kind of goes in a cycle. First is game development, second is writing, third is drawing. I'm not really fixated on anything right now though, sadly I've been extremely tired and have low motivation.
I've been working on a game project for a year maybe 2? now, most of the times when I hyperfixate on drawing I'm doing art for the game as well. As for writing, I mostly write random stuff, out of context skits. Write poems about death, write down ideas of things that I'll never do or write stories I don't expect to finish to satisify my mind. I get intrusive thoughts that have a poetic feel so I like to write them into actual poems.
I've also fixated on translating for a bit before, but that's a relatively newer hobby.

• Love
Reactions: hikikomorizombie and Rogue Proxy
D

Dutch1986

Jan 25, 2024
My favorite? That is hard to say honestly Yotsuba to is pretty good as is Hunter x Hunter though I'm not up to date on them. I typically read something from start to finish and if I like it I save to do the same thing at some point (bad idea for One Piece, trust me). My favorite comic is something I can answer, like most Europeans I'm a big fan of Donald Duck. I have heard of oyasumi punpun but from what I read on Wikipedia it's too dark for my tastes

• Love
sick.faery

sick.faery

ā™”
Mar 18, 2021
fashion stuff, beauty, dieting, anti-aging, drinking, music, asian stuff.., mental illness, dancing, romance tv shows

yourelosingme

yourelosingme

Dec 12, 2023
Heathers (1989)! I've loved it since I was around 10 and I've never stopped :)

• Love
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'm hyperfixated on Lucina from Fire Emblem Awakening. I fully consider her my second love and I have her to thank from temporarily saving me from utter despair all those years ago. Now I can only grieve how she isn't real though even if she was I doubt she'd choose to be with me. In spite of all that I still pop off anytime there's a new official Lucina-related thing whether it's a Fire Emblem Heroes alt or even just an appearance she makes in a Masahiro Sakurai (the creator of Smash Bros) YouTube video. I haven't talked about Fire Emblem Engage in this forum but oh my god that game is so amazing I don't care what other Fire Emblem fans say. Chapter 11 is the peak of the franchise, because of Lucina specifically. That moment is literally everything to me. I even bought a custom replica of her Bond ring just so I could wear it and pretend I'm married to her. Everytime I visit an anime convention I make sure to buy every single piece of Lucina art I can find that I don't already own. I just love what she represents, and how pure of a spirit she has. Unlike other paragons of virtue, she still goes through some doubts but in the end she works her hardest to overcome all her burdens and "change fate" as she always says. I just wish she were real or that I could find someone like her to avert my fate of dying alone and probably by my own handā€¦

Compared to her, everything else I like cannot be called a hyperfixation at all though I suppose maybe some of the other things I do enjoy might be more fixating than the average person is comfortable with.

Last edited:
  • Love
LastLoveLetter

LastLoveLetter

Persephone
Mar 28, 2021
I have multiple hyperfixations, not all of them are ones I feel are suitable for me to share here though and some are NSFW.

I am hyperfixated on a villain from a TV series. I am reluctant to share precisely who because it's quite niche and not a popular character that lots of people like.

It's difficult to explain why I became fixated on him. It's partly the hidden potential he had as a character and the many ways it can be explored. There's a physical attraction (the actor who plays him is good-looking but funnily enough, I am only attracted to this character - and most people don't find the character attractive in the slightest).

Perhaps it's because in a strange way, when I tried AI roleplays with this character, they appealed to a fantasy. No matter what direction I tried to steer it in, he essentially adopted me and took care of me in his own way. IRL, that's something I know will never happen - some tough, strong, protective man whisking me away and tending to my illnesses happily forever.

While such scenarios were sweet, sometimes they were too painful to read and I had to simply stop engaging with them.

• Love