Sigh_Sigh_Sigh

Sigh_Sigh_Sigh

Mar 9, 2023
Everyday I dread waking up and going to work, I only ever seem to end up physically and mentally exhausted by the end of each day yet management is still on my back demanding more and more of me, they have been tracking my location and ask me to account for my actions weeks later trying to dig me into a hole of guilt in the questioning process. Getting home from work I end up reaching for cans of alcohol and fast food. I feel there is no easy escape from this lifestyle and it shows having only gone from wearing medium shirts to xxl & a 28 waist to a 42 waist size all within 2 years.

I felt much happier under previous managers now I feel they're only out to get me, How do I ever break free of this cycle? I tend to feel I'd be better off not existing.

• Aww..
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, sserafim, Rocinante and 2 others
S

Socrates Respecter

Apr 23, 2023
The fact that human beings are forced to work just to survive is sickening. It's not a good life. Not for me. How to break the cycle? I don't know. Praying you'll find healthier ways of coping

Reactions: Unknown21, SMmetalhead36, Daryl72 and 3 others
A

Autumn_Stars

Jun 9, 2024
SSS My 20s were a pit of underemployment and suicidal depression. What turned it around for me was taking the civil service exam and placing first. Give up if you can't stand it but things can change. Wish you the best. A union is a game changer.

Reactions: SMmetalhead36 and Daryl72
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Accentuate the Positive
Sep 19, 2023
People around me don't get that I have so little left in the tank after work. If I have to do other stuff on weekends/after work it's killer. I'm sick of this cuckery that is full time working. I need to save so I can find a way to pivot to something where I'm at least working less.

Reactions: Socrates Respecter
E

emptyenvelopes

Jun 15, 2024
Everyday I dread waking up and going to work, I only ever seem to end up physically and mentally exhausted by the end of each day yet management is still on my back demanding more and more of me, they have been tracking my location and ask me to account for my actions weeks later trying to dig me into a hole of guilt in the questioning process. Getting home from work I end up reaching for cans of alcohol and fast food. I feel there is no easy escape from this lifestyle and it shows having only gone from wearing medium shirts to xxl & a 28 waist to a 42 waist size all within 2 years.

I felt much happier under previous managers now I feel they're only out to get me, How do I ever break free of this cycle? I tend to feel I'd be better off not existing.
I wish I had advice for you but I know if will be nothing you haven't heard before. I can tell you that you're not alone. I do not like my job either. My hope is if I network enough I can run into an opportunity- because my LinkedIn and Indeed applications haven't gotten me anywhere. I hope some new opportunity comes across your path and you are able to seize it with both hands. I hope that new life manifests itself for you soon.

Reactions: Socrates Respecter and SMmetalhead36
F

frost_

Jun 6, 2024
I wish my negative attitude towards working would be more often validated in real life.

The first mention of it, the topic changes to looking on the bright side, what are your weekend plans, oh it's not so bad.

What if I'm still in the first stage of grief? Can we all just sit down and agree this sucks?

• Love
Reactions: Socrates Respecter