StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
You know if this shit didn't happen to me I wouldn't believe it happens. Okay, so you all know I was working for an attorney who called me a fucking bitch among some other nice words. He fired me and left me screwed. Well, I worked for a different law firm after him. I worked there for six weeks. So, once I started they never had me fill out any paperwork (like you're supposed to according to the government), never looked at my driver's license, social security card NOTHING. So they paid me on the firm's check. Never thought anything of it - just figured this is the way they did things. So I quit for numerous reassons. Okay, it's tax time in the good old USA! So I text them to find out where my W2 is - nothing - I get nothing - texted again - again nothing. So this time I emailed the attorney (a/k/a AssHole)j. He sends me back an email stating that they didn't have me listed as a contractor or as an employee - now this is the guy I worked for. So, I'm pretty steamed. I call my state senator (BIG waste of time) talked to some girl who sounded like she was 13 years old. She says well, I guess you could call the IRS (really???) or I guess you could call the state tax office. Okay so I just hung up on her - I have no time for stupidity. Went to get my taxes done, now I owe the IRS because the assholes didn't withhold any money - but if they are saying I wasn't a contractor OR an employee - why do I have to pay at all. Well, if you live in the US you know the IRS will dig you up from your grave for you to pay your taxes unless you are (1) an attorney; (2) a government employee (high paying); you make a shit load of money - then you don't have to pay your taxes - the little guy will pay for you. Well, I was pretty apprehensive about moving but this has totally pushed me over the edge. I wouldn't stay in this god forsaken state if they paid me a million bucks. Thank you for listening to my rant. Oh, and the reason I hate the IRS so much is that when my father was dying from cancer they decided to audit him. They came to his house every day for two weeks - he died soon after from the stress of dealing with them.

• Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest, Manaaja, anxious_depressive and 2 others
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
You know if this shit didn't happen to me I wouldn't believe it happens. Okay, so you all know I was working for an attorney who called me a fucking bitch among some other nice words. He fired me and left me screwed. Well, I worked for a different law firm after him. I worked there for six weeks. So, once I started they never had me fill out any paperwork (like you're supposed to according to the government), never looked at my driver's license, social security card NOTHING. So they paid me on the firm's check. Never thought anything of it - just figured this is the way they did things. So I quit for numerous reassons. Okay, it's tax time in the good old USA! So I text them to find out where my W2 is - nothing - I get nothing - texted again - again nothing. So this time I emailed the attorney (a/k/a AssHole)j. He sends me back an email stating that they didn't have me listed as a contractor or as an employee - now this is the guy I worked for. So, I'm pretty steamed. I call my state senator (BIG waste of time) talked to some girl who sounded like she was 13 years old. She says well, I guess you could call the IRS (really???) or I guess you could call the state tax office. Okay so I just hung up on her - I have no time for stupidity. Went to get my taxes done, now I owe the IRS because the assholes didn't withhold any money - but if they are saying I wasn't a contractor OR an employee - why do I have to pay at all. Well, if you live in the US you know the IRS will dig you up from your grave for you to pay your taxes unless you are (1) an attorney; (2) a government employee (high paying); you make a shit load of money - then you don't have to pay your taxes - the little guy will pay for you. Well, I was pretty apprehensive about moving but this has totally pushed me over the edge. I wouldn't stay in this god forsaken state if they paid me a million bucks. Thank you for listening to my rant. Oh, and the reason I hate the IRS so much is that when my father was dying from cancer they decided to audit him. They came to his house every day for two weeks - he died soon after from the stress of dealing with them.

What a situation... that company sounds like they are corrupt.

If you want to take revenge on them, you could show the IRS that the company did pay you, which proves that you have worked for them, and say that they have tried to keep you off the books as if you were an illegal immigrant. It's just an idea :wink:

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime and Foresight
StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021

If you want to take revenge on them, you could show the IRS that the company did pay you, which proves that you have worked for them, and say that they have tried to keep you off the books as if you were an illegal immigrant. It's just an idea :wink:
It might work if it wasn't a law firm, but again lawyers are so fucking crooked they get away with shit none of us could. I'm not saying ALL lawyers are shit, just the ones I've had to deal with.

J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
It might work if it wasn't a law firm, but again lawyers are so fucking crooked they get away with shit none of us could. I'm not saying ALL lawyers are shit, just the ones I've had to deal with.

Yeah, I know. Also, they would probably try to ruin your life even more, so it's probably not a good idea to try to punish them. It was just a thought in case you do go ahead and end your life - it could be a nice send-off.

StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
Yeah, I know. Also, they would probably try to ruin your life even more, so it's probably not a good idea to try to punish them. It was just a thought in case you do go ahead and end your life - it could be a nice send-off.
Oh, trust me I have been writing a book on the attorneys I have worked for. Before I go I will definitely make sure it lands in the hands of a publisher.

Reactions: Julgran
callme

callme

I'm a loose cannon - I bang all the time.
Aug 15, 2021
If you hate them so much, stop paying them. Tell them you spent the money on bingo, which they also tax, so they already have your money.

StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
If you hate them so much, stop paying them. Tell them you spent the money on bingo, which they also tax, so they already have your money.
With my luck, they'd put me away for life for not paying taxes. Trust me if I thought I could get away with it I wouldn't pay taxes.

• Hugs
Reactions: callme
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
I'm a lowly tax preparer for a living so I'll try to assist the best I can. You're not responsible for the employer payroll taxes. I'm curious how you went about reporting the wages you were paid on your return. Whatever tax liability you came to is likely not right. I'm so sorry for what happened to your father. My experience with the IRS so far is that they can be much more reasonable than you would think, especially for small situations. I doubt after 6 weeks of no FICA/income tax withholdings you're in that deep.

Please reach out to me by pm this weekend and I'll help you with this. I promise you it doesn't need to be a huge roadblock.

Reactions: miserableforever
StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
I'm a lowly tax preparer for a living so I'll try to assist the best I can. You're not responsible for the employer payroll taxes. I'm curious how you went about reporting the wages you were paid on your return. Whatever tax liability you came to is likely not right. I'm so sorry for what happened to your father. My experience with the IRS so far is that they can be much more reasonable than you would think, especially for small situations. I doubt after 6 weeks of no FICA/income tax withholdings you're in that deep.

Please reach out to me by pm this weekend and I'll help you with this. I promise you it doesn't need to be a huge roadblock.
Thank you I will pm you on Saturday. I appreciate it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Foresight
Kristicide

Kristicide

I am a prisoner locked up behind xanax bars
Dec 16, 2021
I saw on the news today that the IRS is totally backed up from last year still trying to audit the people who got PPP loans that shouldn't have. So maybe just don't do your taxes. They probably won't notice šŸ˜‰

StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
I saw on the news today that the IRS is totally backed up from last year still trying to audit the people who got PPP loans that shouldn't have. So maybe just don't do your taxes. They probably won't notice šŸ˜‰
The last attorney I worked for received that loan and shouldn't have. I wasn't allowed any time off during COVID - even when he came down with it and brought it into the office after his christmas party - suck a dickhead. I'd love not to pay taxes, but with my lousy luck, they'd audit me and cart my ass off to jail - I saw what they did to my Dad.

miserableforever

miserableforever

Arcanist
Oct 23, 2020

That IS a great idea, but good luck getting ahold of anyone at the IRS. Phone lines are clogged for days and no one ever answers. I'm dealing with them too.

Kristicide

Kristicide

I am a prisoner locked up behind xanax bars
Dec 16, 2021
The last attorney I worked for received that loan and shouldn't have. I wasn't allowed any time off during COVID - even when he came down with it and brought it into the office after his christmas party - suck a dickhead. I'd love not to pay taxes, but with my lousy luck, they'd audit me and cart my ass off to jail - I saw what they did to my Dad.
Yeah I'm like you and have the "blessing" of Murphy's Law in my life. Hoping things work out for you.