Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
I absolutely HATE my job. I've done this shit for 30 years. I got up this morning with a migraine - I get them to where I can't see to drive. They always cop an attitude with me. I'm constantly on pins an dneedles as to whether they'll fire me or not. This totally stresses me out (anxiety issues). I wouldn't mind if it were just me but I have to be here for my cat until it is her time to go. She is doing much better and I'm happy for that but I feel so responsible for her. Im constantly crying at times not able to stop. Wish I could die during the night. I have to get ready to go to work now.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: katagiri83, Forever Sleep, Shepherd's boy and 3 others
I

isitjustme

Jun 14, 2023
I absolutely HATE my job. I've done this shit for 30 years. I got up this morning with a migraine - I get them to where I can't see to drive. They always cop an attitude with me. I'm constantly on pins an dneedles as to whether they'll fire me or not. This totally stresses me out (anxiety issues). I wouldn't mind if it were just me but I have to be here for my cat until it is her time to go. She is doing much better and I'm happy for that but I feel so responsible for her. Im constantly crying at times not able to stop. Wish I could die during the night. I have to get ready to go to work now.
Absolutely relatable. I can relate to every single word you said lol.

Do you have savings/401k/emergency money/assets(maybe a house you own)?

What do you do for a living if you don't mind my asking? Have you tried looking for a different job or company or are you (like me) over-invested to leave your current job?

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It must be really awful and tiring feeling trapped in that situation, there certainly is too much suffering in existing, of course it's really understandable just wishing to sleep. But anyway I wish you the best.

Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
Absolutely relatable. I can relate to every single word you said lol.

Do you have savings/401k/emergency money/assets(maybe a house you own)?

What do you do for a living if you don't mind my asking? Have you tried looking for a different job or company or are you (like me) over-invested to leave your current job?
I'm a paralegal - working for attorneys is horrible. they dont care if you drop dead in front of them just so long as the work gets done- I guess it's like that everywhere nowadays. It's just me I'm responsible (and my cat). No savings - used all that up for the kid. Oh, well

• Hugs
Reactions: (¥) and BornHated
jazzcat

jazzcat

dark eyed and miserable
May 19, 2023
I'm sorry your job is so stressful, I hope things get better!!
I've help rescue many cats and dogs that have been abused or abandoned by their owners so I just wanted to say that I really admire that you're sticking around and taking good care of your cat, that's very selfless of you, I wish you the best of luck

Zulu

Zulu

Aug 10, 2022
I'm a paralegal - working for attorneys is horrible. they dont care if you drop dead in front of them just so long as the work gets done- I guess it's like that everywhere nowadays. It's just me I'm responsible (and my cat). No savings - used all that up for the kid. Oh, well

I deeply sympathize. The legal industry is really brutal at times, especially if you're working directly for attorneys (in my case, I'm just in administration, but even then, that can be rough in its own way, especially when attorneys escalate their anger/problems directly towards you). When attorneys are pissed, they KNOW how to twist daggers deep into you and get under your skin. Had one of my hardest weeks ever last week and barely slept. I suffer from anxiety and question at times if I'm one mistake away from getting fired, and I inadvertently made two semi-big ones last week. 12 hour days (or more) aren't healthy for any living being. Stress is legitimately breaking me. Money is almost not worth the stress. And like you, the work stress is contributing to my own ideation. I've only been at it for 4 years. I don't know how I'm going to last 30-40 more years of this. Kill me.

Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
I deeply sympathize. The legal industry is really brutal at times, especially if you're working directly for attorneys (in my case, I'm just in administration, but even then, that can be rough in its own way, especially when attorneys escalate their anger/problems directly towards you). When attorneys are pissed, they KNOW how to twist daggers deep into you and get under your skin. Had one of my hardest weeks ever last week and barely slept. I suffer from anxiety and question at times if I'm one mistake away from getting fired, and I inadvertently made two semi-big ones last week. 12 hour days (or more) aren't healthy for any living being. Stress is legitimately breaking me. Money is almost not worth the stress. And like you, the work stress is contributing to my own ideation. I've only been at it for 4 years. I don't know how I'm going to last 30-40 more years of this. Kill me.
I get ya. Every day I go in I feel as if I'm waking on glass. Have to tip toe around their dumb asses. I had one attorney call me a "fucking bitch" because there was a problem with a client. I hate all of them.
I'm sorry your job is so stressful, I hope things get better!!
I've help rescue many cats and dogs that have been abused or abandoned by their owners so I just wanted to say that I really admire that you're sticking around and taking good care of your cat, that's very selfless of you, I wish you the best of luck
My little girl is my life. As long as she is here Ill be here, but when it's her time to go, I'm right behind her.

• Love
Reactions: Joarga and (¥)
theslasher

theslasher

psychonaut
Jun 12, 2023
The fact that you were able to do this crap for 30 years shows how strong you are.