Nov 9, 2020
Anyone else feels the same?

• Love
Reactions: UglyDuck666, mediocre, TheSoulless and 10 others
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
Oh my god...me! I love sleeping so much. It's the one time my body is not just a broken piece of shit but I can "move" it freely (in my mind) and I generally have a good time.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Gnip, All washed up, Metalhead and 14 others
dropdeadfred

dropdeadfred

Boarding the bus to Everlasting Dreamland ♡
Oct 19, 2020
I am a sleep queen. I figure I might as well sleep forever. My body craves it more than anything else.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: All washed up, Buffy5120, searchingfreedom and 8 others
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
9-12 benadryl will always solve your problem.

Reactions: Metalhead, NodusTollens, justsad&done and 3 others
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
I love sleeping, but I find it so hard to go to bed at night. I am staying up til around 7am, then going to bed and sleeping til 12/1pm. But I could sleep longer. I also drink through the night.

• Love
Reactions: mediocre, AprilsBlessings, Metalhead and 6 others
I

imjustanemptyshell

A nobody
Nov 9, 2020
I love sleeping, but I find it so hard to go to bed at night. I am staying up til around 7am, then going to bed and sleeping til 12/1pm. But I could sleep longer. I also drink through the night.

yeah same.....

• Hugs
Reactions: AprilsBlessings, Ghost2211, sadworld and 1 other person
I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
Hate being awake too .. The time of getting up in the mornings is the worst time of the day

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Leiden, Metalhead, DFFP and 4 others
LooksAtMoonDog

LooksAtMoonDog

Too Long in the Wasteland
Nov 10, 2020
I love to sleep, my dreams are so much better than "reality". It's like my mind says to me "You need something nice, here's the best I can do."

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: AprilsBlessings, Ghost2211, sadworld and 3 others
M

Moon Flower

I'll soon be sleeping sound
Oct 14, 2019
I think sleep is just about the only thing I still get excited for

• Hugs
Reactions: All washed up, Ghost2211, sadworld and 4 others
newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
Sleep is wonderful!......being awake is horrible.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Leiden, DFFP, justsad&done and 5 others
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
I sleep 5 hours tops each night. I never dream and I love that. It is the closest to non existence I can get.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sªmunu123, x~Sophia~x, Ghost2211 and 2 others
Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
Sleep for max 2 hours generally broken sleep for 30 mins at a time. My dreams will torture me as much as the day time does

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211 and sadworld
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
Sleeping is the best thing in life.

• Love
Reactions: DFFP, x~Sophia~x, Ghost2211 and 1 other person
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I love sleeping. I love how comfy and warm my bed is, and I love how I get to rest and close my eyes and it's dark and quiet. It's definitely one of my favorite activities it might even be better than weed.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Gnip, DFFP, x~Sophia~x and 3 others
A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
The only time I'm not suffering is when I sleep pretty much and even then I wake up when I sleep. :/

• Hugs
Reactions: Leiden, Gnip, DFFP and 1 other person
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
I feel that. Gotta smoke just to stay asleep.

ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
sleep is good. death is better. but of course the best thing would be to have never been born at all.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Leiden, Gromit-CTB, Sªmunu123 and 5 others
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I have a love/hate relationship with sleep. If I had it my way, I'd just stay in bed and sleep all the time. But I'm incapable of sleeping for very long without interruption. And I have weird, unpredictable sleep patterns.

The sleep I get is extremely broken. Sometimes I manage to fall asleep for 3-4 hours straight, but it's usually after I'm so exhausted my body just quits at the least convenient times. Mostly I wake up every hour or two, usually in an absolute panic. I suffer from PTSD flashbacks in dreams, so there are a lot of nightmares.

• Love
Reactions: NodusTollens
Metalhead

Metalhead

Born slippy
Sep 21, 2020
Hate being awake too .. The time of getting up in the mornings is the worst time of the day
Oh how I detest mornings & waking up with a passion

Reactions: Leiden, Gnip and NodusTollens
violetsaturn

violetsaturn

Oct 28, 2020
I honestly hate them both equally. Yes, being awake is miserable in every possible way. But so is sleep. For me at least. Every night is the same: fall asleep around 9, wake up every hour or so until 2am, and then I'm awake for the rest of the day until the cycle repeats. Even when I do get some sleep, I have nightmares. If they aren't nightmares, they're just random, off dreams that make me feel uneasy for no discernible reason.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lastsauce and Metalhead
CoalmineCanary

CoalmineCanary

Jul 15, 2020
Oh boy do love to sleep but damn, I hate those night terrors.

Reactions: Metalhead and Gnip
MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
Oh boy do love to sleep but damn, I hate those night terrors.

Lol i was just gotta post that. Sometimes i just have this vivid dreams about living a different life, then bamn! I woke up.

You can count it as nightmare if i cry when i woke up, right?

Reactions: Metalhead
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
This is horrible, but I've been dealing with insomnia for the past three weeks. I'll admit, it's entirely my fault. I decided to stop taking my meds, and I knew this would be a side effect of doing that (since it's happened before). Normally it stops after two weeks though. This has persisted, which has me a bit worried. At one point last week, I managed a total of 8 hours of sleep over the span of 5 days. It is currently 5:30 am here and I still haven't gone to bed. Being awake is painful. I would much rather sleep and not have to think about the world. My body aches. My brain aches. My inner monologue is relentless. I feel completely exhausted, but my body can't make that final step. Not even my Trazodone is helping. Wish I could just sleep forever...

• Love
Reactions: Metalhead and Tinhoo
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
9-12 benadryl will always solve your problem.

No, it won't, not if you have biological Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. With AD/HD, diphenhydramine acts like an alertness drug the way caffeine pills do, rather than making those of us who have AD/HD sleepy.

This paradoxical systemic response is so sharply defined and acute that I advise people who suspect they might have AD/HD to use their response to Benadryl as a diagnostic indicator. If they do NOT have AD/HD, then Benadryl will make them sleepy. But if Benadryl, ZzzQuil, or any other OTC sleep medication revs them up and leaves them wide awake all night, then I strongly recommend that they get themselves an evaluation for AD/HD. (If Benadryl does make them sleepy, then I automatically rule out AD/HD and tell them not to bother seeing any medical doctor or psychologist about it.)

For years, i used Benadryl to keep myself wide awake during overnight shifts, because diphenhydramine is a far more potent alertness medication for me than Jolt Cola was.

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I wish I could sleep, and when I do manage to I have constant nightmares or wake up every 30 minutes...still better than being awake though.

Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
I have a love/hate relationship with sleep. If I had it my way, I'd just stay in bed and sleep all the time. But I'm incapable of sleeping for very long without interruption. And I have weird, unpredictable sleep patterns.

The sleep I get is extremely broken. Sometimes I manage to fall asleep for 3-4 hours straight, but it's usually after I'm so exhausted my body just quits at the least convenient times. Mostly I wake up every hour or two, usually in an absolute panic. I suffer from PTSD flashbacks in dreams, so there are a lot of nightmares.

"Broken sleep." You see, I have this double whammy of classic AD/HD which causes diphenhydramine to act like a central nervous system stimulant, and severe congenital obstructive sleep apnea which remained undiagnosable through the salvageable portion of my life, and remains essentially treatment proof. (Positive airway pressure equipment, when used as directed every night for a torturous year and a half is the most decisive failure of any prescribed treatment I have ever complied with precisely as directed. All it ultimately did was give me a two and a half month bout of bronchitis which nearly killed me, despite my correctly cleaning it daily with obsessive diligence. Every medical doctor who is retarded enough to glibly claim, "CPAP always works!" deserves not only to have medical licensing stripped, but also thrown in jail for fraud.)

Regardless, as I type here wide awake because i haven't dosed myself with 20 mg crushed zolpidem, I strongly urge anybody with this kind of experience with sleep to get evaluated by an overnight sleep lab study. Then, if OSA is confirmed, REJECT any attempts to immediately get prescribed CQUACK equipment in favor of a diagnostic evaluation (typically called a surgical evaluation, but many surgeons in otolaryngology are money hungry and incompetent hacks, quacks and charlatans). Topical anesthesia is applied, then a fiberoptic camera laryngoscope is placed up a nostril and down your throat, often as you have an opportunity to watch on the monitor.

Fuckhead sleep physicians will often tell you this horseshit that the best way to reduce the severity of sleep apnea is to lose weight if you are heavy, but my evaluation revealed a severely deviated septum in the first second which every single health care provider who ever previously shined a light up my nose completely missed. Not one of those medical degree cocksuckers has ever been able to explain to me how weight loss can somehow magically correct a septum severely deviated from birth, and these assholes have nothing to say about the enormous number of anorexic girls who have severe sleep apnea.

Never forget when dealing with any medical doctor that "doctor" is an abbreviation for "indoctrinated," that they are called quacks and charlatans for excellent reasons, and that their ability to kiss ass for high grades combined with a strong stomach is what enabled them to get through med school, as most of them are actually quite stupid. You are the boss and they are your servants. They work for YOU! (On the other hand, while I've known some nurses who went to jail, and a lot of other awful ones, they're called "The Noblest Profession" for valid reasons. Medical doctors need to actually EARN your respect, while nurses deserve the benefit of a doubt until they've proved themselves unworthy.)
I wish I could sleep, and when I do manage to I have constant nightmares or wake up every 30 minutes...still better than being awake though.

I keep reading classic obstructive sleep apnea in these posts. Nightmares and waking up frequently are definitive symptoms of OSA.

Reactions: k75
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
"Broken sleep." You see, I have this double whammy of classic AD/HD which causes diphenhydramine to act like a central nervous system stimulant, and severe congenital obstructive sleep apnea which remained undiagnosable through the salvageable portion of my life, and remains essentially treatment proof. (Positive airway pressure equipment, when used as directed every night for a torturous year and a half is the most decisive failure of any prescribed treatment I have ever complied with precisely as directed. All it ultimately did was give me a two and a half month bout of bronchitis which nearly killed me, despite my correctly cleaning it daily with obsessive diligence. Every medical doctor who is retarded enough to glibly claim, "CPAP always works!" deserves not only to have medical licensing stripped, but also thrown in jail for fraud.)

Regardless, as I type here wide awake because i haven't dosed myself with 20 mg crushed zolpidem, I strongly urge anybody with this kind of experience with sleep to get evaluated by an overnight sleep lab study. Then, if OSA is confirmed, REJECT any attempts to immediately get prescribed CQUACK equipment in favor of a diagnostic evaluation (typically called a surgical evaluation, but many surgeons in otolaryngology are money hungry and incompetent hacks, quacks and charlatans). Topical anesthesia is applied, then a fiberoptic camera laryngoscope is placed up a nostril and down your throat, often as you have an opportunity to watch on the monitor.

Fuckhead sleep physicians will often tell you this horseshit that the best way to reduce the severity of sleep apnea is to lose weight if you are heavy, but my evaluation revealed a severely deviated septum in the first second which every single health care provider who ever previously shined a light up my nose completely missed. Not one of those medical degree cocksuckers has ever been able to explain to me how weight loss can somehow magically correct a septum severely deviated from birth, and these assholes have nothing to say about the enormous number of anorexic girls who have severe sleep apnea.

Never forget when dealing with any medical doctor that "doctor" is an abbreviation for "indoctrinated," that they are called quacks and charlatans for excellent reasons, and that their ability to kiss ass for high grades combined with a strong stomach is what enabled them to get through med school, as most of them are actually quite stupid. You are the boss and they are your servants. They work for YOU! (On the other hand, while I've known some nurses who went to jail, and a lot of other awful ones, they're called "The Noblest Profession" for valid reasons. Medical doctors need to actually EARN your respect, while nurses deserve the benefit of a doubt until they've proved themselves unworthy.)

I keep reading classic obstructive sleep apnea in these posts. Nightmares and waking up frequently are definitive symptoms of OSA.
Thanks for that info. I'm so sorry you suffer from that, though. But I found it helpful. I actually do also have sleep apnea. My last sleep study showed up to 90 obstructions per minute. It's not weight related for sure. My mom told me she can remember when I was very little having to sometimes stay up and watch me sleep because they were terrified I'd just stop breathing! I have no clue why I was never diagnosed until well into my 30s...

I absolutely hate the CPAP. I never got bronchitis from it thankfully (had no idea!!) but it doesn't seem to help my sleep quality. So I rarely bother. Anyway, that combined with my PTSD makes for pretty shit sleep. That's actually the cause of the major sleep disruptions for me. My flashbacks mostly manifest as vivid nightmares, and I'll wake up in a panic a lot. I'm sure not breathing probably makes a lot of that worse, but I don't really notice that normally.

Reactions: Gnip
Tinhoo

Tinhoo

I want to sleep forever, let me die in peace
Dec 16, 2019
This is horrible, but I've been dealing with insomnia for the past three weeks. I'll admit, it's entirely my fault. I decided to stop taking my meds, and I knew this would be a side effect of doing that (since it's happened before). Normally it stops after two weeks though. This has persisted, which has me a bit worried. At one point last week, I managed a total of 8 hours of sleep over the span of 5 days. It is currently 5:30 am here and I still haven't gone to bed. Being awake is painful. I would much rather sleep and not have to think about the world. My body aches. My brain aches. My inner monologue is relentless. I feel completely exhausted, but my body can't make that final step. Not even my Trazodone is helping. Wish I could just sleep forever...
I'm suffering from insomnia too, I also take Trozodone and Zolpiden but nothing :/ it is pretty painful not to sleep

TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
Same... Just woke up to and the difference is like night and day, or heaven and hell.