N

NeverGrowUp

Oct 2, 2020
This is just a rant but I'm sure many of you share similar opinions...
So I was recently diagnosed Bipolar II and Borderline.

So because I live in this "great nation" I...
1). Have tons of student loan debt after dropping out because our nation doesn't provide free tuition
2). Can't afford the full spectrum of medical treatments like DBT since it is astronomically expensive and we don't have universal healthcare
3). Do not have even the dignity of a medically assisted death
4). Cannot purchase a peaceful reliable method with certainty as it has been restricted and could lead to legal issues (bringing more terror, suffering, and financial cost)

So it seems like since I will never be able to work my only option is to MAYBE (IF IM LUCKY) receive a tiny pittance sum from social security in supplemental income and be forced to live either in squalor or with my parents as long as they will have me. Then in addition to this difficult lifestyle, I will be looked down upon by people simply because I can't function within society's 40 hour work week.

I watch so many documentaries on young people having a medically assisted death overseas and it just enrages me to no end that America is so antiquated as to just shove all "undesirables" through a hellish process just to get some basic needs met, and won't even let them die in a dignified way because religion is still so huge here. Makes me nauseous thinking of there being literally no escape.

Pegasos takes some mentally ill people on a case by case basis seemingly starting at age 50 (so ~3 decades from now I could have the POSSIBILITY of a proper exit). God I wanna throw up. Anybody feel as trapped as I do?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: TheGoodGuy, Heart Shards, Samsara and 14 others
peacechoice

peacechoice

Experienced
Oct 11, 2020
Same exact feeling toward America. IT SUCKS BALLS. Life is terrible.

• Love
Reactions: Heart Shards, Despairing, DetachedDreamer97 and 5 others
K

Kornyboyo

Student
Aug 7, 2019
You live in the freest country in the fucking world.

• Love
  • Hmph!
Reactions: ISeeRed, 2Min2Midnight, Heart Shards and 5 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
  • Love
Reactions: Heart Shards, voyager, sadworld and 5 others
K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
America is very conservative, and the politicians are very religious, I doubt assisted suicide will be nation-wide in the next 100 years.
That's why I feel like we need age caps on the seats, it's not cool having a boomer that doesn't want to change in office.

• Love
Reactions: Heart Shards, LastFlowers, puppy9 and 5 others
SmellyRat

SmellyRat

Arcanist
Nov 5, 2018
America is very conservative, and the politicians are very religious, I doubt assisted suicide will be nation-wide in the next 100 years.
That's why I feel like we need age caps on the seats, it's not cool having a boomer that doesn't want to change in office.

I think religion is just used as an excuse so that people aren't given the option to escape the 9/5 rat race.

• Love
Reactions: Heart Shards, Sprite_Geist, antigone_iris and 9 others
K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
I think religion is just used as an excuse so that people aren't given the option to escape the 9/5 rat race.
Yeah I feel like it is. Also, nice to see you again Rat :hug:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Heart Shards, puppy9, sadworld and 2 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
As fucked us as this country is I'm still able to keep perspective that I'm very lucky to be born in this bad country instead of one of the many other more difficult to live in countries.

• Love
Reactions: ISeeRed, 2Min2Midnight, Heart Shards and 12 others
N

NeverGrowUp

Oct 2, 2020
It's true I could have it far far worse, there are places where even viewing this site could probably be against some laws. I don't mean to argue my plight is the worst possible scenario, at least there is some social safety net and I won't die of hunger on a street somewhere. It's easy to be jealous when I'm comparing the USA to select few countries that have pioneered very advanced laws. It makes me feel like I live in some alternate reality where the suffering isn't truly validated because they don't offer you all available options.
Completely agree, I cannot envision it ever being even seriously proposed in this country within my lifetime. If universal healthcare is still controversial here, "putting down mental defectives" would be unimaginable. I can just picture the religious outcry and illogical false comparisons to Nazism or something :meh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Brink, sadworld, Kat! and 1 other person
R

ronigail9

Student
Oct 5, 2019
And it still sucks, because this whole world sucks
Does the elk like to be eaten by the wolf?

• Hugs
Reactions: NeverGrowUp, SmellyRat and sadworld
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
What were you studying?

Reactions: NeverGrowUp and Fragile
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Unfortunately there is an equal amount of younger people who think it's cool to "fight" suicide.

MichaelNomad123

MichaelNomad123

Jesus
Oct 15, 2020
America is a machine and most people are trapped inside. It's unfortunate, but that's the way the country was designed to be. It is similar to the UK in that there is a grander game than the meritocracy facade that is force fed. You never had a chance.

That being said, there are some beautiful people and places in America. It will always remain a curiosity to me, despite having absolutely no intention of ever going back. The people there feel primordial, for better and worse. The wealth is out of control, though. If you have ever had any personal dealings with rich academics or the business elite in the US, they're on another planet entirely. It reminds me a lot of Victorian England. Even the affluent school boys that run the UK can at least pretend to be in touch with reality. This is not so much the case in the US.

My advice to anyone that is poor in America is to be a criminal. Drop your morals and stop abiding by the law. Rob the rich. Burn them out. They're bleeding you dry and they don't give a fuck about your life, so you have to make them understand.

• Love
Reactions: Silvermorning, Panna, Heart Shards and 2 others
N

NeverGrowUp

Oct 2, 2020
What were you studying?
Management! Absolutely thrilling i know. :meh: Nothings ever really interested me so I soon asked myself why the hell I was doing something I didn't want to do, smoked too much weed and impulsively charged up credit cards.

Cannot envision ever having a job to be honest, if they won't let me die properly the least they could do is let me sit around imo

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Management! Absolutely thrilling i know. :meh: Nothings ever really interested me so I soon asked myself why the hell I was doing something I didn't want to do, smoked too much weed and impulsively charged up credit cards.

Cannot envision ever having a job to be honest, if they won't let me die properly the least they could do is let me sit around imo

Not that studying anything in the US is a lot of fun.

Reactions: NeverGrowUp
H

Heart Shards

The shards of my broken heart cut deep.
Feb 3, 2019
So free that we can't even have voluntary euthenasia, that doctors and society have to babysit us (the mentally ill) and tell us what we want--life. I don't want that shit, I'm too exhausted. I just want to sleep. The whole reason voluntary euthanasia is illegal in America is because the government and medical community would lose so much money. A lot of people would exit because this life is less than ideal. America needs wage slaves. The only reason we're born is to be indoctrinated by the public school system and then later replace a cog in the workforce. Fuck America. America isn't free when we are more compassionate to suffering animals than humans. Conservatives go on and on about welfare and financial strain disabled people put on the country. You know, If you tried to stop saving people and offered a medically observed death, your "precious" tax dollars could be spent on some other frivolous thing, and we wouldn't have to suffer anymore; everyone wins.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Silvermorning, ronigail9 and NeverGrowUp
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
So free that we can't even have voluntary euthenasia, that doctors and society have to babysit us (the mentally ill) and tell what we want--life. I don't want that shit, I'm too exhausted. I just want to sleep. The whole reason voluntary euthanasia is illegal in America is because the government and medical community would lose so much money. A lot of people would exit because this life is less than ideal. America needs wage slaves. The only reason we're born is to be indoctrinated by the public school system and then later replace a cog in the workforce. Fuck America. America isn't free when we are more compassionate to suffering animals than humans.

Problem with fucking America is, nobody wants to make her pregnant. The horror.

N

NeverGrowUp

Oct 2, 2020
So free that we can't even have voluntary euthenasia, that doctors and society have to babysit us (the mentally ill) and tell what we want--life. I don't want that shit, I'm too exhausted. I just want to sleep. The whole reason voluntary euthanasia is illegal in America is because the government and medical community would lose so much money. A lot of people would exit because this life is less than ideal. America needs wage slaves. The only reason we're born is to be indoctrinated by the public school system and then later replace a cog in the workforce. Fuck America. America isn't free when we are more compassionate to suffering animals than humans.
This is the essence of my rage towards this nation. I am solely being kept alive for others to leech profit out of. It's exactly why they're so eager to shove pills down my throat every time I complain of the philosophical reasons I don't wish to be here. In some kind of perverse way I tell myself want to stay alive long enough to get SSI just to "take back something" before I die. To me it wouldn't matter if I made $9/hr or $100k a year... work in any capacity when you do not wish to be alive is akin to being a slave. Slave to a mortgage on the big house/apartment, slave to the car payment on the S-class or the Honda. I'll pass.

Reactions: Silvermorning
H

Heart Shards

Feb 3, 2019
This is the essence of my rage towards this nation. I am solely being kept alive for others to leech profit out of. It's exactly why they're so eager to shove pills down my throat every time I complain of the philosophical reasons I don't wish to be here. In some kind of perverse way I tell myself want to stay alive long enough to get SSI just to "take back something" before I die. To me it wouldn't matter if I made $9/hr or $100k a year... work in any capacity when you do not wish to be alive is akin to being a slave. Slave to a mortgage on the big house/apartment, slave to the car payment on the S-class or the Honda. I'll pass.
I think most people are oblivious to the fact that we're here just to be some old geezer's replacement. And then you work for 50+ years, and for what? So you can ACTUALLY live a year or two before you croak? And your suffering for 50+ plus years is passed on to some other oblivious 20-25 year old. Life is a vicious cycle that's happened since the beginning of time.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Silvermorning and NeverGrowUp
N

NeverGrowUp

Oct 2, 2020
I think most people are oblivious to the fact that we're here just to be some old geezer's replacement. And then you work for 50+ years, and for what? So you can ACTUALLY live a year or two before you croak? And your suffering for 70+ plus years is passed on to some other oblivious 20-25 year old. Life is a vicious cycle that's happened since the beginning of time.
Yep, tale as old as time...:eh:
Can't forget about the shiny "new" material possessions you collect along the way to "reward yourself" for your enslavement/convince yourself it's all worth it.
Nevermind the fact that once you get to retirement age and you're finally "free" your body is failing and you can probably barely get out of the recliner anyways.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Silvermorning and Heart Shards
H

Heart Shards

Feb 3, 2019
Yep, tale as old as time...:eh:
Can't forget about the shiny "new" material possessions you collect along the way to "reward yourself" for your enslavement/convince yourself it's all worth it.
Nevermind the fact that once you get to retirement age and you're finally "free" your body is failing and you can probably barely get out of the recliner anyways.
Life's a gift, right?

• Love
Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
I always find it funny how originally suicide was a honor in early religion, going so far as forcing someone to kill you in order to obtain that glorious martydom was something to be proud of. Then all of a sudden, god says that suicides bad, you go to hell if you do it, oh noes!

• Love
Reactions: Silvermorning, Kat!, NeverGrowUp and 1 other person
H

Heart Shards

Feb 3, 2019
I always find it funny how originally suicide was a honor in early religion, going so far as forcing someone to kill you in order to obtain that glorious martydom was something to be proud of. Then all of a sudden, god says that suicides bad, you go to hell if you do it, oh noes!
Controlling others is the new type of honor.

• Love
Reactions: ronigail9, NeverGrowUp and Panna
Silvermorning

Silvermorning

The polar bears made me do it
Oct 10, 2020

Before agriculture and the concept of property, after that, life became a commodity and slaves can't kill themselves without the ok of their masters. Thats why religions were monopolized by giant states empires , to preserve the slave system status quo and give it ideological validity.

But In the not so long distant future , i think suicide won't be a taboo anymore, cause machines will replace the work force and a reserve army of unemployed won't be necessary.

Reactions: NeverGrowUp, Panna and StuFin
StuFin

StuFin

Arcanist
Oct 21, 2020
Before agriculture and the concept of property, after that, life became a commodity and slaves can't kill themselves without the ok of their masters. Thats why religions were monopolized by giant states empires , to preserve the slave system status quo and give it ideological validity.

But In the not so long distant future , i think suicide won't be a taboo anymore, cause machines will replace the work force and a reserve army of unemployed won't be necessary.
I've been thinking about this as well, and I think they'll let people ctb if they want to, since half+ of the world is going to be unemployed.