E

emma99

Student
Jul 31, 2024
okay so im trying to think rationally about this topic rather than emotionally. Philip Nitschke has been the only modern spokesperson for assisted suicide that i have heard of. His a trained medical doctor and if you have seen any of this videos the way he actually became such a spokesperson. Basically the long and short of the story is that an old women visited his clinic one day and told him she wanted his help to die. He told her she wasn't sick and she told him that her reasons were none of his business, are you going to help me or not?

Historically speaking it is rumoured that the old and sick in the Eskimos, would be abonded by the tribe and left for dead. Does anyone know of any examples of other historical civilisations doing something similar as I dont want to assume.

Then we have modern medicine, which is actually very good, but obviously comes at a coat. antibiotic use creates antibotic resistant bacteria. mental health medications make people constipated, obese and diabetic. and so on.

Some modern medicines may be physically and mentally tolerable. but has society really adapted much to cater for the sick? I mean the sick live in poverty, and he poor live in sickness.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, AbsurdAbyss, thesaddestgirl and 1 other person
AbsurdAbyss

AbsurdAbyss

Lost, broken, empty, fragmented.
Mar 4, 2024
when society becomes sickness, 'sickness' becomes emancipation - there is no cure that can save us from ourselves.

Reactions: thesaddestgirl