N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I am out of school since a long time. But when I follow the news schools and colleges are scared because chatGPT could disrupt their current system. Nowadays students can get help with AI. I was always a very conscientious and eager student. In fact I had OCD related to homework because of my abuse. From the perspective that I will ever earn money with these skills I am far away. I am a mental wreck, anxiety is through the roof and I am neurotic as fuck.
However I think I benefited from doing my homework a lot.

The most evident examples are my language skills especially English. If you are able to understand English the internt opens a lot of doors for you. I prefer an English forum it is more diverse and I don't want to write too much German due to the fact I might have some idiosyncrasies in German which could help to identify me. My favorite artists are Americans. I am fascinated by the USA. Would I want to live in that country? (Hell) no. At least when I compare it to Germany.

I think I am quite eloquent and articulate and get compliments for that. I think doing my homework trained that skill. I think this gem would have been lost without my education. I think I am quite good at it and I like it. Especially when I can mix it with some witty jokes. I can remember how I started. Once I wrote an essay and I copied a lot of passages from a famous German newspaper. The memory is quite beautiful for me because I learned to find my love for language as a method to express my feelings, thoughts and emotions. Someone in this forum complimented me and told me I should become a ghost writer. Honestly I think I am pretty far away from being that good. I mimic sometimes David Foster Wallace techniques. He was a genius in mimicing the voice of any person imaginable. However compared to people who earn money with such a skill I am light-years away from that. I don't read enough literature and maybe I am too stupid for perfect grammar to be very good at it. When I read literature I just start to ruminate excessively. For DFW I do it anyway. But it can be a struggle.

There was once a debate on assisted suicide in religious class at my school. The homework was to prepare arguments.
I elaborated on that in detail. It was before my first suicidal thoughts. This was the first time I ever seriously thought about assisted suicide. I was a christian conservative to that time and kind of a sheep in an herd. Though when I read about the pain some people are in I got really angry. In the debate at school I destroyed the opponents of assisted suicide which were some pretty intelligent girls from deeply religious families. The rest of my team were just some idiots (one guy bullied me sometimes.) My religious teacher (very conservative and I am quite sure against assisted suicide) praised me a lot for my contrarianism. I think this was one of the first times I used my brain for analysis. I am kind of proud I already had this stance before hell broke loose in my own life. I was pretty good at that debate and I think I will never forget that in my whole life. I was aware that some people are in excruciating pain over a very long time period and that such people should have the right to choose.

I never did my homeworks in sports. Well there were none. But I almost never trained. It is kind of a shame but I am doing literally nothing for my fitness. I starve myself to keep thin but sports no way. Maybe this will backfire and crush my bones one day. But I have so many more severe problems which will torture me even more and earlier so that this is not that important for me. I always thought if I became thin I would become automatically become good in sports. Nothing of that. I am still too lazy for that shit.

I think discussing philosphical questions and interpreting texts helped me to become thoughful. I think I already was quite thoughtful as a kid. Though I never had the right words to express myself. I can remember as a child wasting money in theme parks and eating the most unhealthy food there was. Every single day. To a point I recognized I don't want that anymore. Everything felt superficial and shallow to me. I realized that money cannot give me everything. I think then I started to become interested in ascetcism. I wanted to get control over my own desires. I was very determined to reach my goals and I had hell of a discipline. Sadly this escalated in torturing me so much that I mentally collapsed. But mania played a major role in that too.

I could imagine with AI I might never had developed such skills. But it is rather unlikely. I read the good students will become even better with AI and the bad students even worse. I think my OCD would have forced me to generate more and more better texts.

noonipie

noonipie

Student
Apr 5, 2023
i've always been diligent with my homework or what had been assigned to me because i think it reflects positive attributes to be steadfast in your work and show some commitment and hardwork. while this practice can help improve or refine your skills or knowledge as well, i think the simple fact of putting in the effort is the most important aspect of doing your homework. even if the homework assignment felt obsolete to me, i made an effort to complete the task and i found many positive reinforcements of my future prospects in that.

• Hugs
Reactions: noname223