Azzy69

Azzy69

-
Aug 8, 2019
It's about this 15 year old who commited suicide in 2005, he suffered from bipolar and had been depressed since a very young age. It's on youtube.

• Wow
Reactions: Saga
Azzy69

Azzy69

-
Aug 8, 2019
Never heard of it. Is it good?
It's really good. Sad, of course, poor boy. No one listened to him. Here if you would like to watch

• Love
Reactions: Saga, blanketyblk and Kjo
blanketyblk

blanketyblk

Mage
Jun 9, 2019
Such a sad fate for such a wonderful boy. his poor parents, you could see they had tried everything.
also noticed after watching this. on my youtube recommends list.. this one came up.

Unblinking and unsettling, this documentary lays bare a mysterious process that goes on all around us - what happens to people who die with no next of kin.

This one hits me pretty hard, as i have no family left alive..

Azzy69

Azzy69

-
Aug 8, 2019
Such a sad fate for such a wonderful boy. his poor parents, you could see they had tried everything.
also noticed after watching this. on my youtube recommends list.. this one came up.

Unblinking and unsettling, this documentary lays bare a mysterious process that goes on all around us - what happens to people who die with no next of kin.

This one hits me pretty hard, as i have no family left alive..

that just gives me the chills haha

blanketyblk

blanketyblk

Mage
Jun 9, 2019
been going down the rabbit hole and watching a few of these tonight.. this is another good doco..

Reactions: Azzy69
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I just watched this. It's very sad to see someone so young who suffers so much. We have no idea what was running through his mind regularly. It was probably worse than we imagine and more than most of us can handle even as adults.

There's a line in which the father says that this particular institution helped keep him alive for a few years. This got me thinking... does that count as helping? For a mind that suffers so much, isn't letting him fulfill his wishes to die really the most humane thing, regardless of age?

I know we've talked a bit about suicide and age before in this site and I know it can be a controversial topic. This film made me think about my own childhood thoughts. I used to think about killing myself when I was younger, but my mind didn't suffer like Evan's. There was no cure for what his mind was experiencing. Was working so hard to keep him alive really in his best interests, or was it in the best interests of the adults around him? (I'm really posing the question; not asking rhetorically.)

Reactions: BluesRunTheGame