• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

I

iwantdeath6969

Oct 17, 2022
i'm on vacation in sydney australia, and apparently funnel web spiders are everywhere here. the sydney funnel web spider is the most dangerous spider in the world, and the venom supposedly can kill you in 10-30 minutes. i would go into a secluded forested area, find a web, and then "accidentally" step on the webbing, or maybe reach my hand in and pick up the spider. if i'm really lucky, maybe i could find 2 of them and get both to bite me to ensure that the venom gets through my system properly. my phone doesn't have data since i don't live here, so i can't call emergency services, and i obviously won't have any antivenom on me, so even if SI kicks in, there won't be anything i can do about it.

i work with bugs and love them, especially spiders, and everyone in my life knows that i regularly go on long hikes alone, so when people find out, it would be very in character for me to die that way. i really don't want anyone to know that i ctb, especially not my family, so even though this method isn't at all peaceful, it sounds really ideal to me.

does anybody know of anyone who's tried this? i wouldn't want to fail at this method, the bites are excruciatingly painful, and i wouldn't want to go through that pain for nothing. i only just thought of this idea, so if you have any advice i would really appreciate it.

• Love
Reactions: Huntfish34, Asphyxiater, treetop.grazer and 1 other person
T

treetop.grazer

Student
Jan 11, 2022
Personally I love this plan and if we had any venemous creatures in my country as accessible as Australia I'd be a feast for them already 🤣

• Hugs
Reactions: sad_dude, Huntfish34 and Asphyxiater
M

missingpeace

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2023
Your idea is a good one to disguise the ctb as accidental death but really don't know how reliable it will be.. these spiders here aren't that common as you think. You would be spending alot of time just to look for them..

• Hugs
Reactions: downndone2 and Huntfish34
Dizzylady80

Dizzylady80

Experienced
Nov 5, 2020
With the amount of pain you'd put yourself through, the potential for dry bites, the fact that the amount of time it takes to die varies from person to person, and the fact that there's a good chance that you wouldn't even die from the envenoming, this really doesn't sound like a good idea. I'd highly recommend steering clear of those spiders

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34
I

iwantdeath6969

Oct 17, 2022
Personally I love this plan and if we had any venemous creatures in my country as accessible as Australia I'd be a feast for them already 🤣
lol yeah i'm from canada so i had never even really thought of a method like this before because there's not a lot of extremely venomous creatures in canada
Your idea is a good one to disguise the ctb as accidental death but really don't know how reliable it will be.. these spiders here aren't that common as you think. You would be spending alot of time just to look for them..
hmm, maybe if i can ask around and see if anyone knows of any areas that i'd be more likely to find them. i know some people here and they all know i love bugs so i could say that i just really want to see them. that's a good point though, but i guess if i don't find them then i just got to go on a nice walk
With the amount of pain you'd put yourself through, the potential for dry bites, the fact that the amount of time it takes to die varies from person to person, and the fact that there's a good chance that you wouldn't even die from the envenoming, this really doesn't sound like a good idea. I'd highly recommend steering clear of those spiders
that's a good point yeah, it's never really spiders' first instinct. but if i kept messing with it maybe it would end up actually biting me, especially if i was sticking my fingers down into their webs. i might take your advice though, it would definitely be difficult to get myself to do it knowing how painful the bite is. thanks for your advice

Last edited:
  • Hugs
RainyPrimadonna

RainyPrimadonna

Nice to meet you! ツ
Mar 11, 2023
Australian here! this is very hard to say as I live in QLD not Sydney (still am fairly knowledgeable on australian species though lol), as far as I'm concerned it would excruciatingly painful, and the likelihood you just bump into one wouldn't be very high, you'd have to search for the more common areas you can find them. Google says that you can find the "In Sydney suburbia, funnel-web spiders mostly live in the moist upland forest areas of the Hornsby Plateau to the north and the Woronora Plateau to the south, where sheltered burrow habitats abound in both bushland and gardens." but if you aren't close to either of these locations it's just not worth it. A bite should be able to kill youbut not guaranteed, if you get multiple bites and no help you should be guaranteed death, but honestly with how painful this method would be definitely wouldn't recommend and on the off chance you survive you'd have gone through that excruciating pain for nothing.

Since I've now offered some knowledge, I'm going to say that if you haven't tried getting help before trying to commit, then I'd recommend you do. Since suicide is permanent, if you've already tried getting help or after trying to get help, it just doesn't work out, then maybe living is just not meant to be, if it does work out, then that's good for you. But please make sure to think through it before/if you plan to commit suicide, if you find you still want to live or you do want to die, there's no pressure stopping you from either of those things, just make sure to think it through before you decide to go through with it!

Hope this helps a bit ^^

• Hugs
Reactions: H.O.Xan and Huntfish34
I

iwantdeath6969

Oct 17, 2022
Australian here! this is very hard to say as I live in QLD not Sydney (still am fairly knowledgeable on australian species though lol), as far as I'm concerned it would excruciatingly painful, and the likelihood you just bump into one wouldn't be very high, you'd have to search for the more common areas you can find them. Google says that you can find the "In Sydney suburbia, funnel-web spiders mostly live in the moist upland forest areas of the Hornsby Plateau to the north and the Woronora Plateau to the south, where sheltered burrow habitats abound in both bushland and gardens." but if you aren't close to either of these locations it's just not worth it. A bite should be able to kill youbut not guaranteed, if you get multiple bites and no help you should be guaranteed death, but honestly with how painful this method would be definitely wouldn't recommend and on the off chance you survive you'd have gone through that excruciating pain for nothing.

Since I've now offered some knowledge, I'm going to say that if you haven't tried getting help before trying to commit, then I'd recommend you do. Since suicide is permanent, if you've already tried getting help or after trying to get help, it just doesn't work out, then maybe living is just not meant to be, if it does work out, then that's good for you. But please make sure to think through it before/if you plan to commit suicide, if you find you still want to live or you do want to die, there's no pressure stopping you from either of those things, just make sure to think it through before you decide to go through with it!

Hope this helps a bit ^^
thank you so much, this is really helpful information. i'll have to see how far away those areas are for me and decide if it's worth it to try and find one.

i've tried to get help in a lot of different ways, but nothing works :( i have bpd and it feels like a death sentence, i either spend the rest of my life feeling and acting absolutely insane with no way to control my actions, or i kill myself like so many others with this illness. it doesn't help that i'm trans on top of this, which also has ruined my life. i constantly go back and forth on whether i'm actually strong enough to go through with ctb or not, so who knows if i'll be able to do it, but thank you for your kind words. it does feel nice to be told that

• Hugs
Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
I really don't know much about spiders, but I love snakes and have Often thought about getting struck by our most common venomous ( western diamondback rattlesnake in TX ) . All fairly risky though, like others have mentioned. I wish you the best in whatever may happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: downndone2
dontfearthereaper11

dontfearthereaper11

curiouser and curiouser
Mar 17, 2023
As you said, most venomous animal fatalities are rather painful. But, if your goal is to happen to 'stumble' into death then it is a rather reliable way to go.

For advice, if you happen to have access to any medication that increases heartrate, such as SNRI's or asthma medication, it will make the venom travel through your body faster and allow for a slightly more likely (and faster) death. Hope you find peace.

• Hugs
RainyPrimadonna

RainyPrimadonna

Nice to meet you! ツ
Mar 11, 2023
thank you so much, this is really helpful information. i'll have to see how far away those areas are for me and decide if it's worth it to try and find one.

i've tried to get help in a lot of different ways, but nothing works :( i have bpd and it feels like a death sentence, i either spend the rest of my life feeling and acting absolutely insane with no way to control my actions, or i kill myself like so many others with this illness. it doesn't help that i'm trans on top of this, which also has ruined my life. i constantly go back and forth on whether i'm actually strong enough to go through with ctb or not, so who knows if i'll be able to do it, but thank you for your kind words. it does feel nice to be told that
No worries!

I'm very sorry to hear that nothing helped you, if you ever need someone to talk to or reach out to, I will happily talk to you in PM if you would like to speak to me. :[

I feel heartbroken whenever I meet someone with BPD, because usually they'll be the sweetest people I know despite their BPD and most of it's really not their fault, I hate the discrimination towards BPD and the terrible reputation it has. I have a couple friends with BPD and I can see how much pain they're in from the discrimination they face, especially when larger figures with BPD just happen to be terrible people who want to cause harm and their BPD doesn't even play a major part in their actions, yet still gets blamed.

I'm non-binary, so I may not understand your exact pain when it comes to discrimination because you're trans, but I at least somewhat understand where you're coming from, the hate towards trans people is completely unjustified, I'm so sorry you have to face all of this discrimination.. :[

Even if you can't then that's perfectly fine, whether it be you can't go through with it or you can't access it. Me and many others on SS will probably be happy to talk to you and try and support you in any way we can. You just do whatever feels right for you. :]

• Hugs