letied

letied

I tried.
Apr 8, 2021
Last year in March I took some pills to die, but I regretted it and didn't take the dose that I needed.

The following month, a man who was in a hotel very close to my apartment jumped. The sound of the ambulance siren woke me up in the middle of the night.

• Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: NeverSatisfied, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Pisceslilith and 2 others
Aloken

Aloken

I choose love
Jan 25, 2021
No, but a neighbor of mine attempted it years ago.

I don't know why, but your words in the last paragraph "sounded" very poetic, lyrical. Nice

Reactions: NeverSatisfied
Upvote 0
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Yes, someone shot themselves a few roads over. Not sure if they survived. I didn't know them personally. Just saw the cop cars and heart it through the grapevine.

• Aww..
Reactions: NeverSatisfied
Upvote 0
GarageKarate07

GarageKarate07

Wizard
Aug 18, 2020
A person I went to school with, someone from my small town, shot himself right in front of his friend years ago. I think he had his fathers gun or something. Later my best friends mother who is also my very goodfriend took her life by hanging. She had a hard life and many bad memories that hurt her during her life. I also had a friend that had a bad acid trip. This boy was a few years younger than me and he was very nice and quiet and shy. He took his own life but I am not sure why. Sadness? Stress? Maybe he was left broken from the bad acid trip because it happens very often. Oh and an old photographer from National Geographic magazine moved to my street and lived there for a few years before he took his life with a revolver. He had huge stacks of national geographic with his name in all the photos and columns that he made for the magazine. He saw wars and famine as well as animals and landmarks like temples and cities of the world that he photographed for the magazine over his career. As for other tragic deaths my aunt accidentally left her 2yo daughter in the car and the girl passed away from lack of air and heat exhaustion. What started as a vacation and family reunion ended in a funeral. I was young then but I feel for my aunt and uncle more now.
A person I went to school with, someone from my small town, shot himself right in front of his friend years ago. I think he had his fathers gun or something. Later my best friends mother who is also my very goodfriend took her life by hanging. She had a hard life and many bad memories that hurt her during her life. I also had a friend that had a bad acid trip. This boy was a few years younger than me and he was very nice and quiet and shy. He took his own life but I am not sure why. Sadness? Stress? Maybe he was left broken from the bad acid trip because it happens very often. Oh and an old photographer from National Geographic magazine moved to my street and lived there for a few years before he took his life with a revolver. He had huge stacks of national geographic with his name in all the photos and columns that he made for the magazine. He saw wars and famine as well as animals and landmarks like temples and cities of the world that he photographed for the magazine over his career. As for other tragic deaths my aunt accidentally left her 2yo daughter in the car and the girl passed away from lack of air and heat exhaustion. What started as a vacation and family reunion ended in a funeral. I was young then but I feel for my aunt and uncle more now.
I have more....

My grandmother suicided as she was dying from old age. Shortly after that I had am infant son who died from premature birth. Shortly after that my father suicides because he was sad and had no place left to go and no money and he missed his parents. I wish I could have done more for him and it haunts me very much. I also have a step father that I was abused by and he had failing health and I guess somebody took him in but he hung himself. That's a lot of deaths. I wont say they "bother" me but I feel bad that this world is made like this. People are tossed aside like garbage. It's very very sad.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Vickyalmighty, Bat 17, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 8 others
Upvote 0
letied

letied

I tried.
Apr 8, 2021
No, but a neighbor of mine attempted it years ago.

I don't know why, but your words in the last paragraph "sounded" very poetic, lyrical. Nice
Thank you. I'm a person who likes to write. Although I haven't done it in a long time, except for a few single sentences that pop up in my mind sometimes.

Rest it peace my dream of becoming a songwriter.

• Love
Reactions: virginiawoolf and Aloken
Upvote 0
Aloken

Aloken

I choose love
Jan 25, 2021
Thank you. I'm a person who likes to write. Although I haven't done it in a long time, except for a few single sentences that pop up in my mind sometimes.

Rest it peace my dream of becoming a songwriter.
Wow, for real? Now I feel good about myself for having that "eye", lol. Rest in peace my dream of working in a big publishing company.

I have a feeling you would be a very good songwriter. I hope your circumstances will allow you to stay here and make your dreams come true.

• Hugs
Reactions: letied
Upvote 0
Rustysoupcan

Rustysoupcan

I'm sensitive
May 2, 2020
It wasn't too close to me but a HS student jumped off the water tower and was found by a jogger in the morning

Upvote 0
nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
My cousin committed suicide by hanging. She lives in another country though.

Upvote 0
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I'm hoping not too many people know if their neighbors have committed suicide or not, because when I die, I really do not want my neighbors all up in my damn business.

• Love
Reactions: FuneralCry, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, letied and 3 others
Upvote 0
W’ren

W’ren

Worthless
Oct 28, 2020
I'm hoping not too many people know if their neighbors have committed suicide or not, because when I die, I really do not want my neighbors all up in my damn business.
I attempted suicide a month ago and my neighbours all knew about it by the time i got home from the psych ward.

I feel like everyone's eyes are on me now when i leave my house- "hey that's the woman who attempted suicide" etc etc.

Neighbours see the emergency vehicles, they ask questions, they tend to find out somehow, one way or another and then it becomes gossip.

I hate it, and i'm sorry- but they will be in your business. :(

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Sprite_Geist, FuneralCry, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 5 others
Upvote 0
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I attempted suicide a month ago and my neighbours all knew about it by the time i got home from the psych ward.

I feel like everyone's eyes are on me now when i leave my house- "hey that's the woman who attempted suicide" etc etc.

Neighbours see the emergency vehicles, they ask questions, they tend to find out somehow, one way or another and then it becomes gossip.

Fuck. I would do it away from my home or in a different area where no one knows me, but I don't have access to such.
The only positive of where I live now is that I can take the SN with a reasonable expectation of not being found for awhile, if I take it elsewhere I will be at far more risk of interruption.
But my god, I've been trying so hard to preemptively take control of the aftermath of my death with the people who know me, I've forgotten how the neighbors can do whatever they please and tell the whole town what happened before anyone can say otherwise.
That sickens me. So much to worry about, can't even die in peace, not even remotely.

• Hugs
Reactions: W’ren, FuneralCry, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 3 others
Upvote 0
letied

letied

I tried.
Apr 8, 2021
Wow, for real? Now I feel good about myself for having that "eye", lol. Rest in peace my dream of working in a big publishing company.

I have a feeling you would be a very good songwriter. I hope your circumstances will allow you to stay here and make your dreams come true.
Same for you, future business person.

Reactions: Aloken
Upvote 0
GarageKarate07

GarageKarate07

Wizard
Aug 18, 2020

Did the ward help at all? What happened there? I am state side and I'm just curious because I'm running out of options and scared at this point.

Upvote 0
Bedrock48

Bedrock48

Dreadful damage, dreadful destiny
Feb 1, 2021
Yeah, my old neighbours kid jumped from a bridge not far from the house. As far as I remember he'd just started college but I guess wasn't coping. The bridge is around 24m so, as bad as it sounds, there's some hope it's a valid method. However, it's unclear if he jumped over land or water. Hope he's resting peacefully now.

• Love
Reactions: letied and GarageKarate07
Upvote 0
Sinai Silence

Sinai Silence

I think I'ma die alone inside my room
Jul 6, 2020
The oldest brother from a family that used to live on my street, cbt by hanging. He was such a lovely and funny guy.
I'd go round to their house everyday to hangout since home life was rough at the time. We'd usually spend it on the trampoline, playing football or playing games.
We all went to the same school too so I'd go round beforehand then go to school with them. D would be there in the living room with two cans of hairspray gassing the place out just before we left.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: letied and GarageKarate07
Upvote 0
JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
Yes my next door neighbours son killed himself last year not sure how. A boy just down the road killed himself by crashing his car on purpose too but that was a few years ago.

Upvote 0
S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
Two months ago, not far from where I live, a man known in the city threw himself from the 5th floor and died (I also live on the 5th floor and this news is convincing me that maybe the 5th floor could work for me too, I would actually prefer from the 8th floor up because I am afraid that the 5th floor is a little risky and that I might not die)

Upvote 0
ThrownAwayTom

ThrownAwayTom

Experienced
Oct 3, 2020
This one guy in my school (am a Brit) went to stay with some friends in America and ended up jumping from a window whilst solo tripping on shrooms. The family told everyone he fell due to loose tiles on a balcony but everyone his age knew the truth.

He recorded a 90 minute video of himself talking gibberish in to a webcam just before he did it. The whole thing was him saying that he's realised everyone needs to "tend towards life" - that's what he kept repeating. The video is lost on YouTube now because he mashed the keyboard when it asked for a title. Wish I could find it now.

Upvote 0
MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
Yeah there's three. One was a young woman living across the street. Did it in their bathroom. Another one was a highschool kid who hanged himself from the side of a bridge. Last one was a relative of mine.

They all hanged themselves.

Upvote 0