• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

crea_the_hopeless

crea_the_hopeless

Ugly queen
Feb 26, 2019
I don't have the funds for N and SN seems too risky. The most efficient method for me seems to be the exit bag. There's a welding wholesale place a minute from my house. All the supplies seem easy to get. However I'm curious to know if anyone has successfully ctb with this method. It seems simple and there are instruction videos everywhere but I know I'm the one to complicate things and fuck it up. I just want to know if it's doable/reliable.

NextSummer

NextSummer

Experienced
Mar 28, 2019
Yes, the user Honigwaffel died this way

Reactions: crea_the_hopeless
dreamsofdestruction

dreamsofdestruction

Everywhere I look is chaos
May 9, 2019
These things are just hard to confirm.

Reactions: Ratherbeskinny and sotired1234
pane

pane

Hollow
Apr 29, 2019
The obvious problem with your question is that it's just about impossible to know if someone here on the forum killed himself with any given method because - if successful - he's now dead and can't return to the forum to give us any advice about how to do it correctly for ourselves.

The only two ways I can think of offhand to verify a suicide here are:

1) Another member was friends with the person who killed himself and can offer some type of objective proof like confirmation from the dead person's family, linking to a death announcement on Facebook, Twitter, etc. or posting an obituary of the dead person here on SS.

2) The person livestreams his own suicide and broadcasts it here on the forum in real time. As best I'm aware, no one has done that so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: morningdew, sotired1234 and inconsequential
NextSummer

NextSummer

Experienced
Mar 28, 2019
Apart from the very slight chance of turning into a vegetable and not being able to answer, there are users here who have been extremly committed to their method and informed users and shared a lot of informations. When they declare officially to be suiciding in a few hours and then not answer after the time has passed, we can be VERY sure that they are dead, otherwise they'd turned up to tell that it has failed. Honigwaffel was such a person, he even wrote summary threads. He'd turn back if he'd be able to. We had private conversations. I don't think it's true for everybody but there are some comitted users whose "non-responsiveness" is a very sure sign of suicide success.

Reactions: yuno444, ShornSoloists, Life+me=error and 6 others
color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
I completely agree with what @NextSummer said.

Reactions: NextSummer
F

fister

Apr 11, 2019
I have a personal experience with the bag.

He called his girlfriend and said "this is the call." She called 911. When city ambulance arrived he was already gone.

I was the first one inside the house after the emergency services left.

After my overdose and rescue this is my method

GerMann

GerMann

year of birth: 1972
Nov 30, 2018
Aug 4, 2019

Aug 4, 2019

I'm saddened to say, but you'll be happy to hear, fister, as you knew him, has successfully killed himself.
There is nothing I will miss more in this life than his touch. Despite his schizophrenia, I loved him, though my message never quite reached him. If wishes we're horses, I'd have been trampled in a stampede by now.

I'd like to end with a song that I was listening to on the night he left...
Through My Prayers by The Avett Brothers
(he hated this band)

Last edited:
Lotus1818

Lotus1818

-
Nov 4, 2019
You know I really want this to be my way of going. It seems so more simple to get all the supplies than N or SN.

What would be a reason to not use this method? Seeing as N is super difficult to get and scary because you can get cought.

L

Lord Taco

Oct 31, 2019
My reason for an exit bag is Physical not Mentally related which I think makes a HUGE difference.

I've had 1 failed attempt, my SI and Will were just too high. Soon as I started to put the bag on my head and fill with argon my heart rate jumped and I was flolded with energy and had to rip the bag off.

Honestly, if I fail to follow through within the nect couple days, I doubt I will try again until my physical health really starts to deteriorate.

• Hugs
Reactions: Shakespear's Brother and bornsinner
B

bornsinner

Student
Oct 26, 2019
My reason for an exit bag is Physical not Mentally related which I think makes a HUGE difference.

I've had 1 failed attempt, my SI and Will were just too high. Soon as I started to put the bag on my head and fill with argon my heart rate jumped and I was flolded with energy and had to rip the bag off.

Honestly, if I fail to follow through within the nect couple days, I doubt I will try again until my physical health really starts to deteriorate.
that happen to me this past weekend. I don't know where I went wrong :(

S

Shakespear's Brother

Sep 10, 2019
I misunderstood, I'm sorry.

Last edited:
color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
Overcoming anxiety, paranoia and SI seem to be the one drawback to the Exit bag method.
A member on here called @TiredHorse failed at three attempts (that I know of, maybe more), all because of these difficulties.
Sadly, it seems like it takes much longer to go unconscious that more literature states.
All the while, you are fighting your SI.

TiredHorse started the inert gas / exit bag megathread.
Good luck to you guys - I hope you can achieve what you want.

Reactions: crea_the_hopeless and Shakespear's Brother
L

Lord Taco

Oct 31, 2019
Agreed I believe the Exit Bag is NOT for Mentally Healthy/Stable individuals. Especially if you're athletic. With Argon, I had to bump up the LPM to 17-19 as I felt 15 wasn't sustaining enough bag pressure.

Overall, this entire method FOR ME was a total bust and waste of $300+ in total supplies.

Last edited:
Reactions: color_me_gone
pane

pane

Hollow
Apr 29, 2019
Speaking of TiredHorse, his last post here was on Aug 6 although his account is still active. Perhaps he finally succeeded with this method.

Reactions: Soul and color_me_gone
color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
Speaking of TiredHorse
After failing several attempts, the last I heard, he was going to try giving life another chance. If he changed his mind, I believe he would of informed us, as he was close to a lot of people here. But that is only speculation, of course. Wherever he is, I hope he is happy. He was pure gold as a human being, helped a lot of people here.

Reactions: Soul and pane
K

Kam59

Sep 7, 2018
Failed with helium as bag not tight enough round neck, but out in 2 breaths or helium had air in it . It's been successful for lots of people on the exit forums and is one of their favoured methods as it's as reliable as N , they sell kits with nitrogen
I'd use it definitely but v immobile and not strong enough to put it together I don't think now , bottle too heavy .... I'm never sure how tight it should be at neck to allow co2 and gas out ?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Shakespear's Brother
WilliamKline

WilliamKline

Flâneur
Sep 16, 2019
I am absolutely sure this method has a very high chance of success when executed correctly. I have been experimenting and perfecting this method (with help of a forum member whom I greatly appreciate) and I'm quite sure it's effective and quite painless. There is a great reason that Max Dog Brewing has been selling these nitrogen kits for quite a while

pane

pane

Hollow
Apr 29, 2019
I am absolutely sure this method has a very high chance of success when executed correctly. I have been experimenting and perfecting this method (with help of a forum member whom I greatly appreciate) and I'm quite sure it's effective and quite painless. There is a great reason that Max Dog Brewing has been selling these nitrogen kits for quite a while

Would you be willing to post a step-by-step tutorial once you have the method developed to the point you're satisfied with it?

WilliamKline

WilliamKline

Flâneur
Sep 16, 2019
Would you be willing to post a step-by-step tutorial once you have the method developed to the point you're satisfied with it?

I will although sourcing materials (and possibly connections) might differ per country

Reactions: Shakespear's Brother and pane
S

Shakespear's Brother

Sep 10, 2019
I'm never sure how tight it should be at neck to allow co2 and gas out ?
I struggle with this as well. In fact, it's really my only remaining "what if?" with this method. I've got all my other details worked out and done numerous run-throughs and practices, up to the point of having the bag inflated on my head, ready to be pulled down.

How tight is too tight?

How loose is too loose?

B

bornsinner

Student
Oct 26, 2019
Failed with helium as bag not tight enough round neck, but out in 2 breaths or helium had air in it . It's been successful for lots of people on the exit forums and is one of their favoured methods as it's as reliable as N , they sell kits with nitrogen
I'd use it definitely but v immobile and not strong enough to put it together I don't think now , bottle too heavy .... I'm never sure how tight it should be at neck to allow co2 and gas out ?
you failed because helium is mixed with oxygen. and u are not suppose to let the gas out
I struggle with this as well. In fact, it's really my only remaining "what if?" with this method. I've got all my other details worked out and done numerous run-throughs and practices, up to the point of having the bag inflated on my head, ready to be pulled down.

How tight is too tight?

How loose is too loose?
the bag is not suppose to be loose

Last edited: