Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
Have any US citizens here had their N seized by customs? Were you heavily fined or issued a court order when that happened?

Reactions: Pen>Sword
E

Endeavour

Mage
Dec 13, 2020
I'm sure I've read on here before that people have had LE of some kind turn up after it got seized.

I think it's a controlled substance in the US isn't it?

Reactions: Wrennie and LifeQuitter2018
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
I'm sure I've read on here before that people have had LE of some kind turn up after it got seized.

I think it's a controlled substance in the US isn't it?
It is, and fines supposedly can range up to 800k. I wanted to see if anyone was actually charged that much, or a similarly crippling fee. Or, if they weren't charged anything, what exactly happened after they were notified of the package's seizure?

E

Endeavour

Mage
Dec 13, 2020
It is, and fines supposedly can range up to 800k. I wanted to see if anyone was actually charged that much, or a similarly crippling fee. Or, if they weren't charged anything, what exactly happened after they were notified of the package's seizure?
I can't remember if the person who'd said they had a visit just got a warning. Hopefully, if they realise you're not running some kind of euthanasia clinic and are very depressed and want it for yourself they won't do anything.

I mean you'd imagine it would be the sensible thing to do, rather than pile more pressure on an already suffering person.

But with officialdom, who knows. They aren't the brightest of sparks at times.

• Love
Reactions: Wrennie
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
There was a worldwide nembutal raid in the summer of 2019, those who were caught were taken to a psych ward but not criminally charged.

I am not minimizing the risks as the costs of being forcibly confined in a hospital can be devastating both emotionally and financially.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: vampire2002, archipelago, whitefeather and 4 others
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
I can't remember if the person who'd said they had a visit just got a warning. Hopefully, if they realise you're not running some kind of euthanasia clinic and are very depressed and want it for yourself they won't do anything.

I mean you'd imagine it would be the sensible thing to do, rather than pile more pressure on an already suffering person.

But with officialdom, who knows. They aren't the brightest of sparks at times.
One would certainly hope so! Although I don't have much faith in the "goodwill" of law enforcement. I can just picture being saddled with a court hearing & a bill for 100k at the very least...

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Endeavour, Meditation guide and Pen>Sword