barelyrussian

barelyrussian

Sep 30, 2023
I recently heard about electrical stimulation of the vagus nerve as a way to treat deppresion, has anyone tried this or know anything specific? It seems like one of those things that are too good to be true.

one device for it has been approved by the fda but I really haven't heard about it at all on this forum.

Reactions: sserafim
R.F.

R.F.

Sep 23, 2023
The vagus nerve can get overstimulated with hanging attempts. The variety of results can be wide, reaching from muscle spasms to unintended orgasm and in rare cases to sudden heart failure. I'm not a medical expert but considering that the effects are mainly of physical nature, I wouldn't really put much hope in vagus stimulation being helpful for lasting mental treatment. It's just a nerve after all

Reactions: sserafim and barelyrussian
barelyrussian

barelyrussian

Sep 30, 2023
The vagus nerve can get overstimulated with hanging attempts. The variety of results can be wide, reaching from muscle spasms to unintended orgasm and in rare cases to sudden heart failure. I'm not a medical expert but considering that the effects are mainly of physical nature, I wouldn't really put much hope in vagus stimulation being helpful for lasting mental treatment. It's just a nerve after all
There's a device approved by the dealer that apparently has some success but I don't really know what to think about it

I just find it interesting and was wondering about it

• Informative
Reactions: R.F.
Jarni

Jarni

Love is a toothache in the heart. H.Heine
Dec 12, 2020
The best FB group on the subject is "AVA A Vagus Adventure".
You can find there the advices on the good medical devices and everything related...

• Informative
Reactions: Meditation guide and barelyrussian
Jarni

Jarni

Love is a toothache in the heart. H.Heine
Dec 12, 2020
I have read that there were some good results and then I also read that the good results have been overplayed because everyone wants to find something that works. If you have the dosh, which I no longer do, I would try https://behavioralandbrainfunctions.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1744-9081-5-46 but how on earth do you find the lasers that they use.
This is a very good channel (links below) on photobiomodulation devices, you could find there valable information on brain stimulation too. I like very much RLT, but I'm using it for neuropathy, muscles etc...

2 videos related to the brain from the channel :

Reactions: sserafim
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I need vagus nerve relaxation.