D

Don'tknow123

Sep 21, 2020
I suffered domestic abuse for a few years of my life, I left him. However 7 years on and he still occasionally makes a fake profile on social media to harass me. I think a lot of the reasons why I hate living and don't want to be here is because of the abuse I suffered. Anyone else in a similar position?

• Hugs
Reactions: OrcWitch, Circles, Hirokami and 4 others
LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Jul 4, 2020
Let's just say that I had somewhat similar situation..
I was treated like garbage by my parents and my brothers.
That's why I moved to so called "shared apartment" where I lived with an other person as soon as I found it on the internet.
However, my parents didn't liked that and spammed my inbox with messages about "helping" them with all sorts of crap.

But I guess I won't need to bother about them anymore since I live now under new name and in a complete different country.

Reactions: Mixo, Don'tknow123 and Desperdición
WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Ima shake the champagne bottle...
Jun 23, 2020
I feel you.. I've been abused, stalked and harassed before.. I know how traumatizing it could get. Have you considered making a new social media profile perhaps delete the one he knows? Make the new one private so he can't see what you're up to. don't accept people you don't know or don't have mutual friends with..

• Hugs
Reactions: Don'tknow123 and Life_and_Death
D

Don'tknow123

Sep 21, 2020
I feel you.. I've been abused, stalked and harassed before.. I know how traumatizing it could get. Have you considered making a new social media profile perhaps delete the one he knows? Make the new one private so he can't see what you're up to. don't accept people you don't know or don't have mutual friends with..
Sorry to hear you've been through similar. Yes I have tried making new accounts and making them private however he still finds a way.
Let's just say that I had somewhat similar situation..
I was treated like garbage by my parents and my brothers.
That's why I moved to so called "shared apartment" where I lived with an other person as soon as I found it on the internet.
However, my parents didn't liked that and spammed my inbox with messages about "helping" them with all sorts of crap.

But I guess I won't need to bother about them anymore since I live now under new name and in a complete different country.
Sorry to hear that, it is good that you're free and away from them. I wish you all the best

• Aww..
Reactions: WitheringAway
Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
Yes.

Both severe childhood abuse and severe domestic abuse.

I worked so hard for so long to get past my childhood and was successful to a large degree (financially), and then my ex not only ruined me financially, he ruined me physically and emotionally. I have severe problems now because of him and because of my quack doctors.

I just found out yesterday that it appears he is now on the run. I have had very little to do with him since he cracked my ribs and caused a deadly brain bleed - not to mention, I suspect, trying to kill me in the hospital after I had the emergency craniotomy. His family routinely covers for him and lies, so the only way I can get info is through online court records.

In any case, I just found out yesterday that he is on a wanted list by the police with an active warrent out for his arrest. I have no clue where he is or what he is doing. And I am once again terrified.

Sometimes I feel like I am living a lifetime movie - it just seems so surreal.

I am so sorry you know what this is like.

<3

On edit: I am so very tired of being scared.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: LoveTakesManyForms and it's_all_a_game
L

LoveTakesManyForms

Student
Sep 9, 2021
I suffered neglect- my Father was absent and my Mother was ill.
Other than that I was fortunate.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
During my childhood and up until I was 15 years old, abuse mostly came from my father. I guess I should consider myself lucky I wasn't in another region or time period otherwise his abuse would have been considered quite normal though. My father would probably claim he was just trying to discipline or reprimand me the way he was raised. I'm sure it worked for him and lots of other Asians but instead my skin and sensibilities were so weak that I think it backfired. He would constantly verbally abuse me by raising his terrifying voice at the mere thought of any form of disobedience from me. This never taught me to actually better, but just to hide things from him. Whenever I was caught he would resort to more cruel means of physical punishment. When things like spanking or being made to kneel for hours stopped working, he ended up having to escalate more and more to things like using a horse riding crop to whip me or to kneeling outdoors in the cold and embarrassing myself half-naked just to admit my fault. It got so bad that one day the police finally intervened because I just could not be disciplined.

Nowadays though, the abuse mostly comes from myself. At some point I realized that not only am I deserving of almost all the horrible things my father did to me, but I also realized that I am the cause of all my problems meaning I have to hate myself for all of the horrible things I've done to myself. Another thing I've realized is that as time goes on I'm just becoming more and more like him in so many ways meaning on my current path I am likely doomed to manipulate some poor naive woman into liking me only to become just as abusive towards her and my future children. No matter how hard I've tried to be different, I'm still seeing all the signs in me as I enter my 30s. The only possible difference between us is that I'm even more useless to society and I'm annoyingly more self-aware. Unfortunately self-awareness alone just isn't enough. For all I know my own father could have been just as self-aware but kept it to himself. Even if I'm lucky enough to not become exactly like him, I'd probably still irreperably ruin my potential offsprings' lives just through my own nerves and insecurities. There's no winning here because as long as I am alive, then procreation and reproduction are all my demonic lizard brain wants for myself. If I don't kill myself soon, I'm just going to become another him. That's why I always say it's the best thing I can do for the world, is to end this abuse once and for all.

settheory

settheory

Bundle of perceptions
Jul 29, 2021
Abused as a child. Don't want to get into much details right now.

Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021
Oh, god. Where do I begin? Well, it was mostly emotional abuse, but it did get physical at a point. While I'm uncomfortable talking about the physical stuff, the emotional stuff definitely hit different. In my adult years, I was cheated on several times. Every single time I was cheated on, they blamed it on me for being distant and unavailable. This constant infidelity lead me to think that I'm not good enough even to this day. In fact, the last time I was cheated on lead me to being just one week away from ctb. Though, the cheater herself couldn't make up her fucking mind and started harrasing me. She kept calling and texting me, saying she wants me back but then saying she was unsure. However, I was stupid and decided to tell her my intentions on ending it all. That's when she did a courtesy call and had an officer at my doorstep. Luckily, I wasn't admitted or anything. He just sat me down and talked to me about what I was going through. I guess that calmed me down enough to not carry on with my plans. Still, because of what she did, I have to live with an even greater inferiority complex. There's other emotional stuff, but I'd be writing an autobiography if I went over every single time I got fucked over and harassed by people.

O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
Yeah. My mom, grandpa and ex. Abuse free since 2018, feels like life started in 2019 when I moved across the country.

I suffered domestic abuse for a few years of my life, I left him. However 7 years on and he still occasionally makes a fake profile on social media to harass me. I think a lot of the reasons why I hate living and don't want to be here is because of the abuse I suffered. Anyone else in a similar position?
That sounds very stressful. I wonder if there are any legal ways to get him to stop.