Buddha.e.c

Buddha.e.c

Depressed Forever
Jan 18, 2022
I'm not sure if this should be on off topics but Ive been attracted to the same sex for a while ... like for a long time (I'm male ) Ive always suppressed those feelings for fear of judgement its one out of 1000 reasons I'm so depressed. Basically my question is what are the differences in brain structure or patterns of neural activity in heterosexuals and homosexuals brains can anyone explain these differences if you care to ?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: CameronFrye, ColorlessTrees and demuic
Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
We don't have many neuroscience nerds on the forum, I'd wager to bet, but at least know there are other same sex attracted people here if you ever want to talk more about it.

Reactions: Buddha.e.c
Red Scare

Red Scare

Wizard
Mar 1, 2022
I'm not sure if this should be on off topics but Ive been attracted to the same sex for a while ... like for a long time (I'm male ) Ive always suppressed those feelings for fear of judgement its one out of 1000 reasons I'm so depressed. Basically my question is what are the differences in brain structure or patterns of neural activity in heterosexuals and homosexuals brains can anyone explain these differences if you care to ?
There are no significant differences. Being gay doesn't make you some kind of abnormal freak, thank you very much.

Now to answer the op... have I ever struggled with my sexuality? Not personally. What I have struggled with is discrimination and acceptance from others. I have never had a problem with it. I was married to another man for 15 years.

The only people who ever had a problem with it are conservative assholes, and unfortunately my family is mostly conservative assholes. But I also grew up in a conservative state, and if I had a nickel for every "straight" guy I ever hooked up with, who didn't identify as bi or gay and was always paranoid or ashamed of hanging out with or being seen with me, apart from when they wanted to get fucked in the ass... well then I'd probably have a drawer full of nickels.

• Hugs
Reactions: Trannydiary, notaboutangels, Buddha.e.c and 2 others
C

come to dust

Arcanist
Oct 28, 2019
I am a homosexual man. I don't struggle due to shame anymore, veing gay doesn't automatically make me any worse a person. I struggle more due to the loneliness of having failed to find a male partner over several years due to me being undesirable in the dating market. But now I've pretty much accepted being forever alone, so my homosexuality becomes less relevant.

• Hugs
Reactions: TheEndTimes, demuic and Red Scare
Buddha.e.c

Buddha.e.c

Depressed Forever
Jan 18, 2022
There are no significant differences. Being gay doesn't make you some kind of abnormal freak, thank you very much.

Now to answer the op... have I ever struggled with my sexuality? Not personally. What I have struggled with is discrimination and acceptance from others. I have never had a problem with it. I was married to another man for 15 years.

The only people who ever had a problem with it are conservative assholes, and unfortunately my family is mostly conservative assholes. But I also grew up in a conservative state, and if I had a nickel for every "straight" guy I ever hooked up with, who didn't identify as bi or gay and was always paranoid or ashamed of hanging out with or being seen with me, apart from when they wanted to get fucked in the ass... well then I'd probably have a drawer full of nickels.
Thank you for sharing and yes alot of people our small minded and don't consider how it makes you feel its fear of being seen and judged by others.

• Hugs
Reactions: Red Scare