J

JJ53

Aug 19, 2024
I certainly have. At this point, I don't think I'll ever achieve a healthy, functioning relationship. I've hurt so many beautiful people who didn't deserve that. A lot of people I went to high school with are getting engaged now, and I envy them, as I know it's something I'll never have due to BPD, which screws everything up for me. I think I'll be okay for the next few years as I'll be studying, which will be a good distraction, but I know I'm going to struggle after that.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: banger12, rozeske, onceinthefuturewas and 4 others
skybroke

skybroke

Nov 5, 2023
I certainly have. At this point, I don't think I'll ever achieve a healthy, functioning relationship. I've hurt so many beautiful people who didn't deserve that. A lot of people I went to high school with are getting engaged now, and I envy them, as I know it's something I'll never have due to BPD, which screws everything up for me. I think I'll be okay for the next few years as I'll be studying, which will be a good distraction, but I know I'm going to struggle after that.
If you compare yourself with others, it will just make you sad. You're standing where you stand, so don't worry.

Reactions: JJ53
Ash

Ash

What dreams may come?
Oct 4, 2021
Yeah, nearly a decade ago now. Two failed long term relationships and one less serious after that. Never been into dating in the teen movie sense but single by choice now and it's going to stay that way so long as I've got MH issues and BDP. I can't deal with a relationship as well as my relationship with myself. I can't even manage that half the time lol

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: JJ53, banger12 and rozeske
banger12

banger12

Former nerd; current burden
Aug 1, 2024
I have an adjacent experience. I've never been diagnosed with BPD but I sometimes wonder. Regardless, I get way to attached and experience emotion way too intensely which has complicated too many relationships. My emotions and attachment leave to paranoid and extreme behavior which causes problems. I've never been in a romantic relationship (except for a pathetic 2 week long LDR that itself evolved into a complicated mess after the break up because of my emotional bullshit) but I've become isolated in part due to my emotions. Honestly idk who's fault it is for every single falling out or strained friendship I've had but I also know it hurts like hell, enough to make me consider total self isolation and burning every bridge and considering making a rule against friendships (in fact for a while I had a personal rule against romance for myself over the LDR because, as stupid as it is, that ending hurt too much too). Idk I'm sorry for posting this dumb shit but I hope it's close enough to the subject matter and I hope sharing here isn't insensitive.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: JJ53 and Ash
N33dT0D13

N33dT0D13

Xe/It
Apr 2, 2023
Yes! At this point I'm ready to give up on friends, I don't know how to act when I have friends, acquaintances are fine or else I'll just be lonely, fuck it! People like me, I can impress ppl from a distance and maintain a mysterious aura, maybe being passively suicidal will help with that lmao 😂😭

• Hugs
Reactions: JJ53 and Ash
permanently tired

permanently tired

I know you're laughing
Nov 8, 2023
I've never dated anyone so I haven't been totally discouraged

dinosavr

dinosavr

and if i’m turning blue please don’t save me 🌛
Dec 14, 2023
I haven't actually been diagnosed with bpd, I have other personality disorders though, with some symptoms of bpd & I gave up on relationships because of my personality. My previous relationships were short but pretty toxic, for me and for the other person. When I'm by myself, I hurt myself and no one else, and for now - that's what matters. I'm already fine with being my own enemy but for some reason, hurting other people is what I'm trying to avoid at all costs.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: JJ53, Ash and N33dT0D13
awaitinglove

awaitinglove

lost in my head
Apr 30, 2023
yeah i get it ._.
i try not to compare myself but it's hard not to when others are living the life i want //: (at least from the outside looking out)

• Hugs