CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

Metal Fan- Wants to hang Under The Oak
May 8, 2023
I mostly mean this besides a CTB attempt; like something that happened not by your own doing. I believe I only really came close to death once during my life which was when I was born and for a while thereafter. I think about that a lot and wonder if I was meant to die then, perhaps things would've ended up better in the end, who knows? It's interesting to speculate about. Have you guys ever had any near death experiences? If so, were they before or after you began feeling depressed? Do you wish that you had passed then?

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, Forever Sleep, ChronicallyCynical and 1 other person
HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
About 2 years ago, I had a heart attack, and was in v-fib. It didn't last very long, but was a very peaceful moment in my life.

My heart attack happened while I was suffering from depression and anxiety, and had a very stressful job where I was constantly fighting with the owner of the company. While the medical stats indicate that a heart attack can cause major depression, it had the opposite effect for me. I thought my depression and anxiety were cured, and started a new job with a company that truly values its employees.

That lasted about 9 months, when an incident at work caused a flashback. While I'm grateful the new company had my back, the event triggered a downward spiral in my mental health, and I'm feeling there's no recovery.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: sserafim, HAKMKS, S like suicide and 6 others
The Burning Fool

The Burning Fool

Falling through the abyss of insanity
Sep 12, 2023
I fell on the curb with the back of my head one time when fighting over a bottle of whiskey and might have lied there on the side of the road for a few seconds. Another time I was punched in the nose by a drug dealer, and allegedly sat on the sidewalk for a few seconds.

I have no recollection of those times whatsoever, so it's just like the billions of years before my birth. It's as close as possible to not being alive, the way I see it.

These events might be responsible for worsening my mental state. Intuitively, it feels like they are responsible, but it would be a leap of faith to make that assumption.

I would prefer to not exist at any and all moments, in the past and future. (I don't say the present just because I don't believe that the present moment really exists.)

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim and CrazyDiamond04
waRmblanket

waRmblanket

she/her - trying my best, hoping it’s enough.
Mar 16, 2023
i have had two. when i was around 3 and 17(?)

i was living in the midwest at the time and was at this (lake), i never told my mom i was done in the sand, and went to go swim. i didn't know how to swim, obviously; i remember that day so vividly, from the pine needles in the water to the backs of people that weren't paying any attention. i remember even smacking someone's back to which they paid no attention, if it weren't for my sister i'd be dead.

the second time, i drank way too much and passed out on my back to which i threw up in my sleep and was choking. my brothers ex girlfriend saved me that night.

i've nearly been in many car accidents, luckily i have not.

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

May 8, 2023
About 2 years ago, I had a heart attack, and was in v-fib. It didn't last very long, but was a very peaceful moment in my life.

My heart attack happened while I was suffering from depression and anxiety, and had a very stressful job where I was constantly fighting with the owner of the company. While the medical stats indicate that a heart attack can cause major depression, it had the opposite effect for me. I thought my depression and anxiety were cured, and started a new job with a company that truly values its employees.

That lasted about 9 months, when an incident at work caused a flashback. While I'm grateful the new company had my back, the event triggered a downward spiral in my mental health, and I'm feeling there's no recovery.
That sounds terrible :( Stress is such an awful feeling, it completely sucks any joy out of a situation and makes it utterly miserable. It's one of the main reasons why I lean towards death, I hate dealing with stress and it feels like it never really stops.
i have had two. when i was around 3 and 17(?)

i was living in the midwest at the time and was at this (lake), i never told my mom i was done in the sand, and went to go swim. i didn't know how to swim, obviously; i remember that day so vividly, from the pine needles in the water to the backs of people that weren't paying any attention. i remember even smacking someone's back to which they paid no attention, if it weren't for my sister i'd be dead.

the second time, i drank way too much and passed out on my back to which i threw up in my sleep and was choking. my brothers ex girlfriend saved me that night.

i've nearly been in many car accidents, luckily i have not.
It's insane how unobservant some people can be. I sometimes wonder how people's children die in ways that seem very easily preventable and then I read things like this.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: HighFlight
HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
I wouldn't use stress as a ctb reason by itself. Stress in moderation can have a positive effect.
My ctb decision has not been made yet. It will be a very difficult to balance my pain and suffering with my desire not to hurt anyone, especially the few people who actually love me. Stress will be a factor, but will need to be coupled with other reasons (which I feel I have too many to list here.)

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

May 8, 2023
I wouldn't use stress as a ctb reason by itself. Stress in moderation can have a positive effect.
My ctb decision has not been made yet. It will be a very difficult to balance my pain and suffering with my desire not to hurt anyone, especially the few people who actually love me. Stress will be a factor, but will need to be coupled with other reasons (which I feel I have too many to list here.)
I feel the same way. It's a very complicated decision to make and not one that anybody should take lightly. I also struggle with the same dilemma, not wanting to hurt those around me. Though, I feel that they would ultimately be better off in the long run.

Reactions: jussrav
HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
Though, I feel that they would ultimately be better off in the long run.
This statement seems to come up quite a bit, especially with some of the younger members. If you don't mind me asking, why do you feel they would be better off without you?

tora

tora

lonelycity
Jun 11, 2023
I don't know how close to death I actually was but a few weeks ago I almost stepped on a rattlesnake, as in my foot was right above it before it started rattling. I kinda wish it had bit me instead of slithering away as fast as it could.
the only other time was a CTB attempt when I almost died from an overdose

turntechGodhead

turntechGodhead

currently starving
Sep 9, 2023
yep always had to deal w things since i was born i almost died several times but ig the 1 that was the closest to me actually dying (excluding my attempts) happened when i was 5 years old on the school bus, the driver was a reckless n old man n he was speeding on a regular street when another car just collided w the bus causing him to lose control of the wheel n basically a car cash i stood a while in the hospital tho

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

May 8, 2023
This statement seems to come up quite a bit, especially with some of the younger members. If you don't mind me asking, why do you feel they would be better off without you?
Just from them not having to deal with a constant thorn in their side. I think that my presence in their lives causes more suffering to them in the long run than if I were to leave. I would be able to relieve them of at least one burden in their lives.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
No, but I wish I could have one so I could know what happens. I've heard reports of people getting visited by their "guardian angels" and relatives who have departed from this earth. I want to know what would happen to me in my case. Who and what would I be visited by, and what would they tell me? I also heard that people come back from NDE's as changed people for the better, and I want to know if that's true or not. I guess I won't know until I experience it for myself.

Honestly I just want to have one so I know what it's like

Last edited: