StopPlease

StopPlease

Jan 12, 2021
i dont remember anything in my life happening its like the memories have holes in them i really cant keep trying to figure out who anyone is anymore its just tiring to me. i just want everything to stop where it is, time and everything. but im not sure how to make it stop

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Arvinneedstodie, demuic, KleinerWolf and 2 others
offshoreserver

offshoreserver

(っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ
May 13, 2019
i dont remember anything in my life happening its like the memories have holes in them i really cant keep trying to figure out who anyone is anymore its just tiring to me. i just want everything to stop where it is, time and everything. but im not sure how to make it stop
if you remember nothing from your life there are two causes i can think of: either something is organically wrong with your brain, which you could rule out by getting scans done, or some kind of extensive trauma has pushed your brain into compartmentalizing itself in a way that blocks out all your memories. can you recall if your family was at all strange, or is everything just missing?

StopPlease

StopPlease

Jan 12, 2021
if you remember nothing from your life there are two causes i can think of: either something is organically wrong with your brain, which you could rule out by getting scans done, or some kind of extensive trauma has pushed your brain into compartmentalizing itself in a way that blocks out all your memories. can you recall if your family was at all strange, or is everything just missing?
i talk to them and its like ive never met them before. and i can feel something in my head slipping away im not sure- it feels like something is letting go in my brain

offshoreserver

offshoreserver

(っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ
May 13, 2019
i talk to them and its like ive never met them before. and i can feel something in my head slipping away im not sure- it feels like something is letting go in my brain
i understand this feeling in some ways. this may sound weird, but have you tried asking yourself things internally, or searching for other pieces of yourself that you might have lost? if you lose parts of your mind or self, sometimes you can get them back by reaching out and trying to talk to them. it can help you be more grounded or recover memories.

D

Deleted member 25174

Jan 4, 2021
I have black holes where memories should be and some people are just gone but I recognise them when I see them. I think you should get medical advice because that sounds like it could be something more than that

Reactions: demuic
offshoreserver

offshoreserver

(っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ
May 13, 2019
I have black holes where memories should be and some people are just gone but I recognise them when I see them. I think you should get medical advice because that sounds like it could be something more than that
i think OP should see a doctor to check brain function. if nothing is abnormal there, it's almost definitely a psychological issue. look into dissociative identity disorder if nothing comes up on scans, but absolutely see a doctor before anything else. as soon as possible.

Reactions: Deleted member 25174
StopPlease

StopPlease

Jan 12, 2021
i think OP should see a doctor to check brain function. if nothing is abnormal there, it's almost definitely a psychological issue. look into dissociative identity disorder if nothing comes up on scans, but absolutely see a doctor before anything else. as soon as possible.
im not sure where to go to do any of that. everything is just confusing

offshoreserver

offshoreserver

(っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ
May 13, 2019
im not sure where to go to do any of that. everything is just confusing
do you have health insurance? if you don't have a doctor you see, call your insurance to look for a healthcare provider close to you that's covered. (assuming you're in the US) i think a primary care physician can refer you to where you need to go.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I´ ve had to let my family go, meaning parents, as they were just getting in the way and never understood me.

StopPlease

StopPlease

Jan 12, 2021
do you have health insurance? if you don't have a doctor you see, call your insurance to look for a healthcare provider close to you that's covered. (assuming you're in the US) i think a primary care physician can refer you to where you need to go.
i could but not sure yet

K

KolK

Nov 29, 2020
I read somewhere that depressed people suffers from memory loss. I am having this problem as well. I used to have really good memory. The funny thing is, I still remember the past memories that I cherish.

Reactions: NeverSatisfied
NeverSatisfied

NeverSatisfied

Experienced
Dec 28, 2020
I read somewhere that depressed people suffers from memory loss. I am having this problem as well. I used to have really good memory. The funny thing is, I still remember the past memories that I cherish.
I'm hoping that's what op's talking about. My depression killed my memory too. When I have episodes of psychosis I get like that- completely forgetting friends, family, rules (like of the road) and situations I should be very aware of. It can become very dangerous.

StopPlease

StopPlease

Jan 12, 2021
I'm hoping that's what op's talking about. My depression killed my memory too. When I have episodes of psychosis I get like that- completely forgetting friends, family, rules (like of the road) and situations I should be very aware of. It can become very dangerous.
Im not sure, like parents i dont even remember seeing before

• Hugs
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I haven't forgotten but I've realized that things have changed lots.
I used to have lots of friends and a big family. Now I only have my dad, mom, brother and my dog.

StopPlease

StopPlease

Jan 12, 2021
I hope you're okay. I get it can be scary. If you need anything PM me, I sent you one already :heart:
its ok
i understand this feeling in some ways. this may sound weird, but have you tried asking yourself things internally, or searching for other pieces of yourself that you might have lost? if you lose parts of your mind or self, sometimes you can get them back by reaching out and trying to talk to them. it can help you be more grounded or recover memories.
i always ask myself stuff internally but i think that's the problem.

Last edited:
  • Hugs