W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
Recently I drastically changed my appearance because I realized my hair was upsetting me further. I didn't do it to recover (that's wonderful for those that do though!) I did it because that particular hair color, style and length was what my abusive ex liked and it was triggering me...I wanted to just be free and look like someone else and different. He said all I was good for was my looks and pleasing him...he was an abusive asshole. So I dyed it and cut it shorter myself. The great thing is this hair color is so much less maintenance...I hate the stereotype that women all love styling and doing their hair.

Has anyone else done this in hopes to stop remembering a particular time in life, a bad time or person etc?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Cockatoo, inactive, Deleted member 19276 and 9 others
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
Wow, your ex sounds like a jerk. I'm sorry he said those things, you don't deserve that.

I'm too afraid to cut my hair, but I was brave a year or two ago and decided to dye my hair and get bangs. Part of it is because I would look in the mirror and think of my adolescent years - including my abusive ex. I looked very different and it was nice.

Lol now I look like younger me again because I've been too depressed to really keep up on dying my hair/maintain my bangs. But I'm just whining.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sinai Silence and Worthless_nobody
Sinai Silence

Sinai Silence

I think I'ma die alone inside my room
Jul 6, 2020
What an awful thing to say to someone, I hope he rots in hell. What colour did you decide to dye your hair?

For me I think I'll never have short hair again, I used to get bullied a lot in school for the way I looked and my hair had a lot to do with it. Its a pain in the ass to deal with, its like putting my hand through barbed wire lol

I also enjoy to dye my hair but since its so dark the colours never come out that great and its very expensive atm to get it done professionally :/

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 19276 and Worthless_nobody
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
What an awful thing to say to someone, I hope he rots in hell. What colour did you decide to dye your hair?

For me I think I'll never have short hair again, I used to get bullied a lot in school for the way I looked and my hair had a lot to do with it. Its a pain in the ass to deal with, its like putting my hand through barbed wire lol

I also enjoy to dye my hair but since its so dark the colours never come out that great and its very expensive atm to get it done professionally :/
I just went full on dark brown/black from a light color. It's less maintenance and closer to whatever my natural color is now. I still hate myself when I look in the mirror but the hatred is less because I'm not conforming to what the asshole wanted me to look like.

I used to be bullied and teased about my hair all the time in school because it was so frizzy and poofy. I look back at childhood pics of me and I ask my mom how she let me even walk out like that.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sinai Silence and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I'm pretty heavily tattooed on my arms and hands to cover up self harm scars and stop me from cutting certain places so I don't ruin the design. Its much nicer for me to look at something pretty than the ugly scars. That being said, it didn't work and I just moved on to another body part to cut up instead.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Sinai Silence, Tabbyql, Good4Nothing and 2 others
D

Deleted member 19276

Wizard
Jun 28, 2020
After my grandma died, I had to cut my hair to a bald almost look.
It was a cool style at the time I had, a mix of blonde and dark. It's colors.
I guess my grandmother kind of disliked it in the first place, so I wanted to honor her in a way.
Though I've been thinking about getting a tattoo myself lately. Have to find the right artist for the job first.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sinai Silence and Worthless_nobody
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
I'm pretty heavily tattooed on my arms and hands to cover up self harm scars and stop me from cutting certain places so I don't ruin the design. Its much nicer for me to look at something pretty than the ugly scars. That being said, it didn't work and I just moved on to another body part to cut up instead.
I'm so ashamed of my arms right now I recently burned myself I was so upset after getting more bad news in life. I wish I didn't react like this but it's common with people who have bpd :(

• Hugs
Reactions: BPD Barbie
Tabbyql

Tabbyql

Chronic people pleaser
Mar 13, 2019
Me too I just ended up going around them.

• Hugs
Reactions: Worthless_nobody
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
i got rid of some of my clothes that reminded me of a few bad times

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 19276 and Worthless_nobody
MaisieWilliamsLover

MaisieWilliamsLover

Jun 27, 2020
Yes actually I do I shave my head bald when I looked much more attractive with hair but I still do it anyway because I hated my twenties and went through a lot of trauma in my past so despite the fact that I look really hot with hair and have this big huge egg headed shape skull without hair and it reduces my attractiveness sexually by about 60% still do it because I don't give a flying f*** and I like looking different than the time I associate with my hair and my good looks I'm also getting older but my looks haven't faded that much I'm doing it on purpose